• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#21 beo

beo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Perfect, i'm happy to see that the fw update solved the problems. :clapping:
I've been following the thread about the Pipo problems for a couple of days now and i ordered mine at Spe Mall yesterday.
I can't wait to recive it.

#22 Gis

Gis

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Ok lads you convinced me !

What a great forum , good work all :good:

Waiting on stock to be available then it`s a new M3 !

#23 Eltezz

Eltezz

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

BLIMEY!!

The Postie just delivered my M3 from E-digitech. Thanks, guys, you will definately get my business in future, great service. I finally have a tablet that is everything an android tablet should be. Fast, smooth, very nicely built.

AT LAST!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Don't even think about it, buy now before everywhere is out of stock...

Edited by Eltezz, 15 October 2012 - 04:45 AM.

#24 ottogiugno

ottogiugno

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

I just bought my M3 on AliExpress, it's the first time I buy something from them... hope everything will be ok!

#25 djpleasure

djpleasure

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

what method is required to enter update mode if my mobo is the old RK3066 DS973H V1.2 please, tried a couple of methods and got nowhere.

Any help greatly appreciated.

#26 Gis

Gis

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

BLIMEY!!

The Postie just delivered my M3 from E-digitech. Thanks, guys, you will definately get my business in future, great service. I finally have a tablet that is everything an android tablet should be. Fast, smooth, very nicely built.

AT LAST!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Don't even think about it, buy now before everywhere is out of stock...

Yea seems like a good egg , saw ur feedback

E-mailed him with my order & waiting for restock ...job done ! :good:

#27 tuvok

tuvok

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I just bought my M3 on AliExpress, it's the first time I buy something from them... hope everything will be ok!

well done otto, dont forget to ask to declare a low value (not gift) to avoid the infamous italian duty and if you want make a review to an italian forum, i am very interesting to this tablet too

good luck

#28 yvonsky

yvonsky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

here on aliexpress, there's one person selling it for 150$ free shipping, do you think it's a scam ?

#29 djpleasure

djpleasure

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

its ok to jump on and buy, but is there a way of fixing the old style board, as stated previously i cannot get to go into update mode. I only purchased mine a few weeks ago direct from Pipo and came with old style board so there is still a good chance others will receive this type also.

#30 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hi djpleasure,

I think you have not received an answer because nobody (apart from maybe a Pipo engineer) yet knows how you can flash the older motherboard M3s with the currently available firmware. As my original post states I was told that if any of the Pipo M3 updates are applied to the older board then it will most likely brick the tablet.

As you ordered directly from Pipo perhaps you could get an answer from them? I do find it annoying that their firmware update page doesn't even mention the M3 yet. Maybe they are sorting out firmware updates for older and newer M3s before they officially publish anything. We could end up with a similar situation to the Cube U30GT which has two variants of firmware, W and H for the older and newer versions of that tablet.

Have you confirmed that your tablet is using the older motherboard? It was also suggested that RKAndroidTool v1.35 could be used to get into flash mode but if your tablet is using the old motherboard I would be wary. If you want to take a chance (I wouldn't) it is included in most of 900Supersport ROMs over on freaktab so you could maybe d/load one of those to extract the tool.

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#31 djpleasure

djpleasure

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi djpleasure,

I think you have not received an answer because nobody (apart from maybe a Pipo engineer) yet knows how you can flash the older motherboard M3s with the currently available firmware. As my original post states I was told that if any of the Pipo M3 updates are applied to the older board then it will most likely brick the tablet.

As you ordered directly from Pipo perhaps you could get an answer from them? I do find it annoying that their firmware update page doesn't even mention the M3 yet. Maybe they are sorting out firmware updates for older and newer M3s before they officially publish anything. We could end up with a similar situation to the Cube U30GT which has two variants of firmware, W and H for the older and newer versions of that tablet.

Have you confirmed that your tablet is using the older motherboard? It was also suggested that RKAndroidTool v1.35 could be used to get into flash mode but if your tablet is using the old motherboard I would be wary. If you want to take a chance (I wouldn't) it is included in most of 900Supersport ROMs over on freaktab so you could maybe d/load one of those to extract the tool.

Jez

Pipo are a Joke, I am in contact with them as I have been for the last few weeks, firstly to try to rectify dodgy volume button that sticks down all the time, had to start a Paypal claim, still not resolved that, keep telling me they will partial refund but keep making excuses. Regarding the firmware, again chasing chasing chasing, very poor to say the least. The risk to others is, they still ship these old type boards and they are fully aware of the known defects, money comes first with them, customer service simply does not exist. I confirmed board via opening as had to open to try to fix this button issue, ironically the case is scratched heavily internally just where the switches are so assume another known issue, vol. down still sticks regardless. Not going to chance the upgrade. If I do get further help and info from Pipo (Dont hold your breath) I will post it on here as a new thread relating to this version mb. I did try manual install drivers but get error 10 device cannot start. (Windows 7 x86)

#32 Geodex

Geodex

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Jezzer confirm there is a 3G version of this baby available somehwere or maybe Roman has stock?

Sent from my Aurora-II using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ainol Aurora II/ Pipo Max M1/ Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

#33 jamieg

jamieg

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

here on aliexpress, there's one person selling it for 150$ free shipping, do you think it's a scam ?

Yea I seen this new seller - no feedback yet.
Have emailed them twice, no reply.
Bit of a risk.

#34 JJovian

JJovian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Jezzer confirm there is a 3G version of this baby available somehwere or maybe Roman has stock?

There is no 3G version of M3 yet, and, maybe, later too.

Bit of a risk.

100% - you will not recieve it if you buy from him. The price is impossibly low.

Edited by JJovian, 16 October 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#35 Gis

Gis

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

I find "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is"

I`d much rather pay a little extra for the security & customer service than saving a few quid & regretting it .

#36 djpleasure

djpleasure

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

I paid $215.00 us dollar for mine including delivery from China, but got picked up by customs, had to pay another £24

#37 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Got mine from UK supplier Ingadget. Dearer than importing yourself but much less risky imho.

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#38 ottogiugno

ottogiugno

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

well done otto, dont forget to ask to declare a low value (not gift) to avoid the infamous italian duty and if you want make a review to an italian forum, i am very interesting to this tablet too

good luck

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the custom duty, but the seller told me that there's nothing to worry about.
I don't have a decent camera to make a review, I hope my Galaxy S2 will be enough. Anyway, I'll try.

#39 teamloks

teamloks

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

just order my pipo m3 from APEXGROUP@aliexpress i hope can get it next weeks...

#40 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

I hope you asked them to make sure it has the new motherboard.

Jez