Tablet w/ replaceable batteries

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 dougdrake

dougdrake

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Does anyone make a tablet that has a battery that can be replaced at a resonable cost.
  • Helen mc likes this

#2 wshyang

wshyang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

They all can be replaced :)

#3 dougdrake

dougdrake

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

In theory but in a real world. I want to be able to do a search on the net , say amazon or ########### and find a ton of different vendors selling decent batteries for my tablet for around $15, free shipping. With my pandigital its not the case, only a couple on the net, they are junk and the prices are high. Whats really interesting is th company does not offer them, they want you to buy a new unit after 2 years. I found that most of these cheap tablets have a closed system so you spend a ton of time hacking them so they are useful and then the hardwre dies out.

#4 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

That was one of the features I liked with my Witstech tablet, a battery door and a removable battery - I had a spare battery which I never used, however, the concept was there. I know that the rugged Motorola tablet has a swappable unit and I'm sure there are many others.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#5 pkwaf

pkwaf

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

How to replace a tablet battery ?

#6 gl3nborj

gl3nborj

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

How to replace a tablet battery ?

You need some soldering skills...

first find a way to open the casing then remove the battery terminal from the socket,
remove the sealed li-ion /polymer battery from the terminals.

Find the correct battery polarity, match it with the new one.

I use two galaxy note batteries. Some tablets use just one, others two in series 9 volts charger.

The other one can be charged by usb, mostly it only has one battery.

It lasts for a day use without charging.