Android Tablets Forum banner

(ROM)GENERICKMOD JB4.1CWMZIP FOR PIPO U1,MAX M11

130K views 202 replies 63 participants last post by  FameWolf 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

LAST UPDATE FEB/7/2013

V7RC1 FIXED SETTING FC,Mirror link
*Based OFFICIAL Pipo MAX M1 12/17/2012
*CHINISE APP REMOVED
*HACKER'S KEYBOARD(STOCK KEYBOARD REMOVED)
*Rooted
*Google apps updated
*STOCK LAUNCHER REMOVED(TREBUCHET LAUNCHER REPLACE)
*Build prop tweaked more battery idle standby nexus 7 spoof for more app on market
This rom may work on other rk3066 tablet will depend if your manufacture kernel.img and boot.img support ICS, JB or both

V6pipo-u1-20121031 update kernel,boot cwm rkbatchtool
*Based OFFICIAL Pipo U1 10/31/2012
*Complete Clean chinise app & widget
*slimer remove over 140MB files not need
*Rooted
*Holo Launcher HD
*Ringtone folder removed
*Build prop tweaked more battery idle standby nexus 7 spoof for more app on market
*default icon systemui.apk

V5 For U1 not tested on max m1 should work but battery wont be perfect in theory i think
*Tested on my U1 not yet on the Pipo max m1 should work on as normal but my theory is that battery wont be accurate since it have u1 battery fix
*Based N101_20120920
*Hacker's Keyboard (require manual install apk on /system/Darkapps
*auto Scrip( will be soon included for aftermark apps auto install Very soon
*Root Now work
*1 Mobile Market (forgot to mention on other release

*Ringtone folder removed
*New boot animation
*Build prop tweaked more battery idle standby add support for GT-I9100 apps Need testing(THANKS Anubikai for the help)
*Battery icon Bug not refreshing, Now work and show charging % as normal on pipo u1
*Density change to 200
*Framework from pipo u1 Firmware include Status bar Volume keys & screenshot
*System UI from Pipo u1 Firmware

VOLUME BUTTONS REMOVER FIX
(THIS ZIP WILL REMOVE THE VOLUME AND SCREENSHOT BUTTON FROM STATUSBAR

DENSITY FIX FOR V5
USE ONLY FOR 9.7" TABLET
TESTED ON AOSON M11,PiPO Max M1 - change density from 200 to 160 can be also use on the U1 if you want lower the dpi but not necessary.
Flash v5 rom and then without restarting the clockwork recoveery flash the density fix.

V3
*New Based N101_20120920
*Root Now work
*New boot animation
*Build prop tweaked
*Battery Bug still not Fix
*Density change to 200

V1
*New Rom based N90 II 20120823
*FASTER(any bug let me know)
*WIFI&BLUETOOTH Work
*Not ROOTED(Flash this to root)
*CHINESE APPS GONE
*OFF APP FOR REBOOT TO RECOVERY OR BOOTLOADER NEED ROOT

*GO LAUNCHER HD
*BUILD.PROP (IS STILL STOCK )
Bugs on Pipo u1:-----------------------
battery icon not displaing when plug to ac restarting will refresh the %

Here i show how its working on the Pipo MAX M1 (sorry about my accent i'm a Latino my main laguage is Spanish

Also sorry about the video i know it crop but it was my Htc Vivid custom rom camera on 720p mixed the resolution
it example it should record it 1280x720 but it record it as 720x1280
i dont know how to fix it. i will try soon another rom
---HOW TO INSTALL---
1.AS ALWAY USE AT YOUR OWN RISK(but should work do a nand backup just incase)
2.Copy GeneRickModRCx.zip to a micro sdcard
3.Download & Install Pipo U1 FINLESS CWM RECOVERY here
4.Wipe data/factory reset
5.Wipe dalvik cache(advanced)
6.Wipe battery stat(if you fill battery % not accurate)
7.Format /system (mounts and storage)
8.Flash GeneRickModRCx.zip
9.Reboot (should pass the first bootaninamtion in seconds and show my boot animation)

See less See more
1 5
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Agreed I'll move it when I'm next on my PC.

EDIT: Done.

Jez

#4 ·
I don't have an M1 handy (just sent them all out again) otherwise I would test for you. In terms of roms though I would guess there is a fair chance it won't work on the M1. It is kind of a 50/50. Yes they are the same platform, but the "accessory" hardware like the touchscreen controller, cameras, etc. can be different. So while the rom might flash, and it might even boot, you will often end up with other problems. Just a heads up to anyone who is testing.

Welcome to the fray though
. More ROM Development is a very good thing!

Cheers!

Roman

#5 ·
I have tested the original m11 firmware 4.1 on the u1 and work perfect thats why i say i should work cuz even wifi and bluetooth worked fine since this is only flashed via clockwork and only flash and modified the system no boot or kernel changed and if doesnt work for you just reflash the system.img via rk batchtool or nand restore via cwm

Sent from my HTC VIVID using Tapatalk 2

#8 ·
yes i will upload it again but the New Based n90 firmware

#10 ·
Have you installed it ? And if it yes on what pipo model

#12 ·
Zhuodashi worked for me but need to reroot it 2 time

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
I found out replacing the /system/framework/framework-res.apk the battery icon get fixed again but lose the rotatescreen funtion. Maybe replace the power.XML inside the framework-res.apk so rotate don't get unfuntion this just happened to the U1 Cruz i,'m using MX m1 and battery work fine.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
does anyone know how to modified the updater-script ? i need to modified since there is a problem for my rom jb to get root when flashed.
the script show a:
symlink("busybox", "/system/xbin/[", "/system/xbin/[[",

where i think i need to change it to:
symlink("/system/bin/su", "/system/xbin/su");

notepad or workpad open the file but break it if you save it

#16 ·
i try notepad++ but i get error

#17 ·
hello darkrickpr,
i have a pipo u1 and have problem with the driver instalation,
however i had sucsses putting CWM and i changed to youre ROM.
i am very happy with it but because (i guess) the rom is not ment to be for the pipo, i have few bugs:

1.the battery status is not updating, to get update on the battery status i have to restart the pipo. (pretty minor, i can live with it)

2. i have problem with video, i cant see video, not on the tablet and not online (like youtube), i can only hear the sound.

and the last thing is not a bug its just that because i cant root the tablet with my computer i need a rooted rom.

if there is a possibility you can create a version that fully suport the PIPO U1
thats will be awesome!
thanx.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
you can root it with the Root my generick with(CWMZIP)Jellybean i post and flash it on cwm it works. about the battery still testing it i looks like it is the framework-res.apk need modification on the power_profile just cant open it without errors, you video i have tested it and it work for me no problem even 720p? did you format system data factory reset?

#19 ·
thank you for the fast respond and help,
i have flashed the root and its not working for me i tryed several time in different ways, but every time
get in the superSU and he try to instal and fail.
i have foramat system data factory but the video its still not working. :\

#20 ·
I'm working on a new base soo will be released and include the root working

#22 ·
Extrange cuz i have played shadowgun mali and is workin tegra games i havent
Will do a mod on the pipo u1 stockfirm since i dont know yet how to fix battery icon

#23 ·
This rom looks a lot better than the stock pipo rom from what ive seen. Ill soon be getting the pipo u1 and ill install this to see how it goes, only prob atm is getting clockwork mod recovery installed....i have no clue on how to do that. If by any chance you could provide some instructions/files ill be more than happy to become one of your testers, as it were. Ill prob donate if all things go well.

-Anubikai

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
to install recovery on the pipo u1,PIPO MAX M1 follow this
1)COPY MY ROM TO THE EXTERNAL MICRO SD CARD
2)make sure is charge 100%
3)without any cable connected and the tablet powered off
4)press and hold the + volume and connect the the usb cable to the pc without releasing the button until pc recognize.
5)and look for a driver on the driver folder where you extract CWM.
6)open the rktool and check if the there is a green square on verify the checkmark are on the Parameter,misc,recovery then press flash the rom:

download PIPO U1 recovery THIS HAS THE pIPO U1 PARAMETE FILE ALREADY IF YOUR GONING TO USE THIS FOR ANOTHER TABLET WILL NEED TO EXCHANGE THAT FILE WITH YOUR OWN TABLET PARAMETE FILE IF ITS NOT PIPO.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok awesome will try it once my pipo arrives =) will be getting the pipo, Keyboard case, Capacitive Stylus, Screen Protector, 8GB TF Card for $162.12 including shipping. Gonna be awesome once i install your rom.

Also, Pipo U1 - Dead Trigger, this person on youtube has got all the games i want to play running on his pipo perfectly. He said that the build prop needs to be modified, im not an expert on android developement so i dont know how but your chanelog says you modified the build prop. So im hoping it works, so does your rom allow gameloft games to be played?

thanks for the help again,
Anubikai

EDIT:

I know how to fix it if you ahvent already, the samsung galaxy s2 is the answer. The s2 and the u1 have the same gpu so people use the s2's build prop to get the games working.

- Samsung Galaxy S2 specifications, scroll down to see cpu and gpu info ( mali400mp )

Here is a build.prop people apparently use

- Pipo u1 modified build.prop

I got this info from here

- Source for all the stuff im writing - translated page to english

- Original source in german - use the above link for english version, if it doesnt work put this page in google translate

#26 ·
@Anubikai

Thank you for the help i will verify that buildprop and see it i can make it work on my Rom since is based N101 works fine but still figuring why the battery icon is not refreshing % or even when plug in but it does charge and work perfect only affect U1 user, Pipo Max M1 work perfect no bug yet . i start making this rom because pipo U1 i got it with defect on the touchscreen and lagging software that get it fix by underclock the cpu (yesssss you hear me jejejeje underclock the cpu strange but did work make my u1 work a little less buggy but i didn't want that really also disassembly i found a missing resistor on the touchscreen flex cable and i had to do a micro-soldering it was missing it maybe when assembly and still having lag but got fix with my rom is working like 90% than it was before like a 45% with original pipo firmware and still using the stock lasted kernel & boot.

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok cool, good luck with everything. I also subscribed to you on YouTube so any vids regarding your roms come to me =), my user name is 1005hagaming. By the way if your rom allows easy installation of games such as

modern combat 3
asphalt 7
nova 3
samurai vengeance 2
shadowgun
gunbros
wild blood

it will be extremely popular and it will spread like wildfire and i will definitely donate as much as i can =)

-Anubikai

EDIT:

By the way can you comment on:

1 - how well the front camera records video on the pipo u1 and at what resolution?

I would expect it to be somewhere between 480p and 720p

2 - does flash player still work perfectly on your rom?

Thanks

#28 ·
i will check and let you know

#30 ·
But changing the build prop to s2 allows greater compatibility of apps as they both have the mali400mp , no point having tablet apps that don't run correctly. Although they prob will run correctly, so yeah nexus 7 may also work, but as for now ive only seen people use the s2's build.prop. Whatever darkrickpr does ill agree with it as its his custom rom and i fully support him in this en-devour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.