• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

I thought for the greater good of the community people might like to see how well put together the Pipo Mix M2 is.
I was also curious so I thought I would take it apart and take some photos.

Then I had a look at the case :gulp: I can see no screws or any way in. I can only assume that there is a knack to it.
Does anyone know how to take the case apart? Obviously I don't want to ruin or scratch it.

Here's a couple of photos:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks
Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#2 invu2day

invu2day

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Opens from the front and not the back mate ;)

Edited by invu2day, 11 October 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#3 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Ah thanks matey. Any ideas how? I have tried gently pushing a plastic guitar plectrum in between the bezel & the frame near the speakers. Have you opened yours?

Thanks
Jez
P. S. No word back from Amy Ye as yet.
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#4 JJovian

JJovian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Jez,

take a look: http://mysku.ru/blog/others/10138.html

maybe it will help you ;)

p.s.: and, maybe someone will be interested in - Pipo M1 (also some teardown photos) http://mysku.ru/blog/others/9855.html

Edited by JJovian, 11 October 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#5 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Jez,

take a look: http://mysku.ru/blog/others/10138.html

maybe it will help you ;)

p.s.: and, maybe someone will be interested in - Pipo M1 (also some teardown photos) http://mysku.ru/blog/others/9855.html

Hey thanks JJovia, very useful. Looks like it does just clip together. I'll need a few plectrums working together I think ;)

Jez

#6 tectonics

tectonics

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hey thanks JJovia, very useful. Looks like it does just clip together. I'll need a few plectrums working together I think ;)

Jez

Hey guys. Looks like the link to the tear-apart page is no longer working. I too want to take my Pipo M2 apart to solder on the diode some of the guys have posted. I can't seem to find anywhere to wedge something to pry it apart. Could someone post a quick video somewhere (YouTube or here maybe) to show where to start?

#7 Amigatech

Amigatech

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

I too want to take my Pipo M2 apart to solder on the diode some of the guys have posted.

I too considered this after I updated the firmware of my Pipo M2 3G to the latest English version on the Pipo website (dated 12/12/2012). That FW hosed my touchscreen making it impossible to control, so I plugged in a USB mouse. Anyway, I didn't want to mess with soldering, so I tried the Chinese FW which was labeled "PCB(V1.4)", and dated 12/01/2012. That one worked perfectly! I only had to set the language and remove a few Chinese apps. So I hope this helps someone before you go and ruin a perfectly good circuit board.

#8 trespasser

trespasser

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I too considered this after I updated the firmware of my Pipo M2 3G to the latest English version on the Pipo website (dated 12/12/2012). That FW hosed my touchscreen making it impossible to control, so I plugged in a USB mouse. Anyway, I didn't want to mess with soldering, so I tried the Chinese FW which was labeled "PCB(V1.4)", and dated 12/01/2012. That one worked perfectly! I only had to set the language and remove a few Chinese apps. So I hope this helps someone before you go and ruin a perfectly good circuit board.

Hi Amigatech. Could it be that you found the firmware version I got preinstalled? Could you please post kernel version and build number of the one you flashed dated 12/01/2012? If the versions match mine (I was looking for matching firmware in http://www.slatedroi...stock-firmware/) that would be fantastic! I'm also wondering if yours also say 'root' in kernel version - mine doesn't seem to be rooted so I think this could be a trace of somebody trying to jailbreak it before I bought it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users