#81 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

hi guys

I could manage to put the pipo in FW update mode, but only when USB cab;e was unplugged. When plugged in, it didnt want to go in this mode. Now, i have the problem that the Vendor ID of my device is VID_18D1 Product ID PID_D001. This is not compatible with the drivers as provided by Roman. Any suggestion please?

thanks!

VID and PID suggest that you have your tablet in debugging mode, which requires ADB drivers. Turn off debugging mode and try again.

#82 hermeias

hermeias

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

Hello,

I just bought a new M1 (Android 4.1.1) and was also trying to update to Romans firmware v3:
I tried the key combination several times with the USB plugged in or off. The tablet was switched on in lock screen or unlocked. Every time the tablet just did a reagular boot. Any suggestion? How does I know when the tablet is in firmware update mode?

Thank you for any help
hermeias

hi guys

I am trying to update the FW but I cant get my pipo m1 in FW update mode. Ive been pressing the volume- and reset button for more than a minute but when releasing the reset button, the pipo just boots as normal.

any advise please?

thanks!

#83 buberfresh

buberfresh

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

When you start rkbatchtool you should get a green color on the number and not a pink one. Have you followed romans guide on his website?

Hmmm otherwise Pipo might have changed some parts in the newest batch of m1 aswell

Skickat från min SGH-T989 via Tapatalk 2

#84 killermcb

killermcb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

Try these steps:

1.)Turn on the tablet and let it boot.
2.)After booting, press the vol - key and do not let go
3.)Plug the usb cable (do not let go of the vol - key yet)
3.)Push the reset button at the back of the tablet

You will be in flash mode if the screen turns black, and it shouldn't boot.

If in case it boots, try again and sometimes you need to kill adb first or restart your PC too.

#85 SteliosAl

SteliosAl

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Why are there two picture galleries guys??

#86 titou42

titou42

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Why are there two picture galleries guys??

Hi,

If I remember well, I've read in the first posts of the Roman FW thread that his rom have 2 Galleries :
* One is issued from regular Jelly Bean and is "up to date"
* 2nd is a legacy one that he put there in order to have a link between Picasa and the gallery

Apparently (I have not verified) the current gallery from JB doesn't have the option to send photos to Picasa account.

If there's some mistake, please correct me.

#87 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hi,

If I remember well, I've read in the first posts of the Roman FW thread that his rom have 2 Galleries :
* One is issued from regular Jelly Bean and is "up to date"
* 2nd is a legacy one that he put there in order to have a link between Picasa and the gallery

Apparently (I have not verified) the current gallery from JB doesn't have the option to send photos to Picasa account.

If there's some mistake, please correct me.

I think that original gallery was left because camera functionality is put in original gallery - if memory serves right.

#88 tuane

tuane

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hi to all and thanks to Roman about this great work.

TNT 3 works fine but...
Nobody have problems with microsd card?
Y bought a samsung 32GB class 10 and now with a 16 gb class 4 kingston card have the same problems, booth are new and originals microsd cards.

I can´t copy files from internal sdcard to external sdcard (microsd)
When i connect pipo to pc and try to copy long files like movies to microsd, pipo freeze, crash and reboot.
If i left pipo on standby (turn off screen), each few minutes, the screen turn on and show messages about dismount and mount sdcard, it makes the battery discharges fast. If i remove microsd, this issue dissapears.

Sorry for my poor English.

P.D: Could you put a dock in TNT4? ;)

#89 notcosi

notcosi

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Anyone in Uk - I cannot get BBC Iplayer to work , not in app or in browser. Can anyone help with this please? You tube anf flash working ok. The new media app not working either.

Edited by notcosi, 19 October 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#90 AyCaramba

AyCaramba

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Just rooted my M1 today and have to say I'm very impressed, much better than stock. Overall performance is smoother, Wi-Fi seems more reliable too, it used to drop in speed regularly.

Thank you very much, Roman!

#91 PIPOUSER

PIPOUSER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hi to all and thanks to Roman about this great work.

TNT 3 works fine but...
Nobody have problems with microsd card?
Y bought a samsung 32GB class 10 and now with a 16 gb class 4 kingston card have the same problems, booth are new and originals microsd cards.

I can´t copy files from internal sdcard to external sdcard (microsd)
When i connect pipo to pc and try to copy long files like movies to microsd, pipo freeze, crash and reboot.
If i left pipo on standby (turn off screen), each few minutes, the screen turn on and show messages about dismount and mount sdcard, it makes the battery discharges fast. If i remove microsd, this issue dissapears.

Sorry for my poor English.

P.D: Could you put a dock in TNT4? ;)

I had the same problem with Roman's JB release 2 and hoped that upgrade to release 3 would solve this problem with my 16 Gb Sandisk Class 10 card. It didn't and Roman advised me to change the file system to NTFS. This worked on a trial 2 Gb card and the main 16 Gb card, and I can now write to and delete from the card

#92 tuane

tuane

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'll test it. NTFS...

#93 tuane

tuane

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I had the same problem with Roman's JB release 2 and hoped that upgrade to release 3 would solve this problem with my 16 Gb Sandisk Class 10 card. It didn't and Roman advised me to change the file system to NTFS. This worked on a trial 2 Gb card and the main 16 Gb card, and I can now write to and delete from the card

I'll test it. NTFS...

:(

The system frezzes when i try copy a photo in the micro sd, root explorer and ES archive explorer gives mi a forced close, titanium backup pro, frezzes when start (i supose, when this app check the space available)...

Total failure.

#94 egenma

egenma

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hello

After flashing TNT 3 and using it for a few days in my PIPO Max-M1, i notice that the wifi connection is always on regardless of the setting about disconnecting it when the screen is off (Advanced options in Wifi menu)
So even if I choose to never keep it on or only when charging, wifi is always connected unless turned off manually.
I noticed this because with stock ROM wifi was disconnected when pressing the power button and it connected by itself after a few seconds, but now it's always connected already.
I installed a battery monitor and it confirms that the wifi is on all the time.

Could this menu setting be possibly broken?

#95 Angultra

Angultra

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Great instructions, was up and running in no time. ROM works great, no major issues so far for me. I did replace the stock KB with Swiftkey Tablet, which is split in landscape making it much easier to hold and type. Any chance the next release will have a fix for Gameloft games?

#96 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

:(

The system frezzes when i try copy a photo in the micro sd, root explorer and ES archive explorer gives mi a forced close, titanium backup pro, frezzes when start (i supose, when this app check the space available)...

Total failure.

Maybe you were unfortunate enough to receive unit with bad SDCard slot. It it doesn't work on any original or alternative firmware and you've already tried few different cards then it might be the time when you have to send it back for repair/replacement.

#97 Daost

Daost

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi everyone,

I have plans to buy the new Pipo Mix M2 (WiFi rather than 3G) over M1 considering it has dual speakers, better sound and somewhat better (brighter) screen as per others reports.
However I'm concerned about the lack of custom firmware for Pipo M2. Anyone knows if Roman or someone else has any plans to create a custom firmware for M2 as well?

#98 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hi everyone,

I have plans to buy the new Pipo Mix M2 (WiFi rather than 3G) over M1 considering it has dual speakers, better sound and somewhat better (brighter) screen as per others reports.
However I'm concerned about the lack of custom firmware for Pipo M2. Anyone knows if Roman or someone else has any plans to create a custom firmware for M2 as well?

There is Infected and Decontaminate:
http://www.flashmyan...-M2-Development

Or maybe go for the newest M3, since CPU speed problems were fixed with new firmware?

#99 buberfresh

buberfresh

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hello

After flashing TNT 3 and using it for a few days in my PIPO Max-M1, i notice that the wifi connection is always on regardless of the setting about disconnecting it when the screen is off (Advanced options in Wifi menu)
So even if I choose to never keep it on or only when charging, wifi is always connected unless turned off manually.
I noticed this because with stock ROM wifi was disconnected when pressing the power button and it connected by itself after a few seconds, but now it's always connected already.
I installed a battery monitor and it confirms that the wifi is on all the time.

Could this menu setting be possibly broken?

I was just about to update to release 3 but then I saw this. Could someone else please confirm if they are having the same problem?
Huge dealbreaker for me

#100 PIPOster

PIPOster

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Just registered to say thanks to Roman for all his good work, got my M1 a few days ago and flashed with R3Y, all working great and really impressed with the tablet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users