#122 asik1

asik1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Tnx PipoUser & John.
Than it can be an option for replacing my P85DC

loved my P85/3066 but he had dead buttons fever, and practicly died after ~15 months
Got PIPO S2, will he live long?

#123 asik1

asik1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

User of pipo S2,
will you please check if this plug will fit?
http://dx.com/p/5-5-...ts-black-197010

Is the power socket is 1.7mm?
Tnx

loved my P85/3066 but he had dead buttons fever, and practicly died after ~15 months

#124 John C.

John C.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

User of pipo S2,
will you please check if this plug will fit?
http://dx.com/p/5-5-...ts-black-197010

Is the power socket is 1.7mm?
Tnx

That won't work asik1. The spec is 2.5mm x .7mm. I'm not sure but I believe it refers to the diameter of the exterior and interior walls.
Pipo S2
Window N80IPS
Window N90IPS II

#125 asik1

asik1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

That won't work asik1. The spec is 2.5mm x .7mm. I'm not sure but I believe it refers to the diameter of the exterior and interior walls.

Tnx, John C

#126 John C.

John C.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I have bricked my pipo S2.
It happened when I was fiddling with re-setting and I don't recall what my need was. It has have been dropped onto some carpet as well. I was left with a tablet that would charge and is recognized in the rockchip batch tool. I have flashed 3 different roms successfully but re-boot never started and it won't boot on it's own.
One thing is the red charging light doesn't stay on. It flashed when it's plugged in. Is it fully charged. Does the ability to be recognized in the batch tool mean it's got a charge?
Does it come down to a question of hardware failure vs software? Or does the nand chip need to be erased. Any ideas?
Pipo S2
Window N80IPS
Window N90IPS II

#127 asik1

asik1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

I don't know about the S2, but with the P85 I have, it's a common solution if a bricked tab happens to open the back and disconnect the batt for 15 min.

Edited by asik1, 14 April 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#128 ocranbillions

ocranbillions

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Many many thanks man!!!! Could you please provide the md5 for the file?

hi, pls i am having issues with my new pipo s2 3g version.. i on the bluetooth and after restarting it... it was not able to come up. it went into a bootloop, so i used another firmware to flash it... and this has caused my usb host not to work.... any help pls... the usb port does not work

#129 Cayman

Cayman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hey guys
I came across this tablet, Intex Avatar 2, which seams to be the same as Pipo S2 just diferent branding and 8gb internal storage.
Anyone seen this one? I am not that experienced with android so I was wondering if it could use same roms, cwm, and root methods as pipo s2?

#130 kpv

kpv

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

I have a couple of questions regarding the S2-

How is app compatibility?
How is the 4:3 display for playing games and watching video? Do you end up getting black strips at the top and bottom or does it stretch the image?

#131 l.v

l.v

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hi everybody.

First of all sorry about my English.

I'm a spanish guy who bought this tablet few days ago.

I was using it without problems and this afternoon I charged the tablet first time, but then mi mother took tablet for use it and battery was completely empty and screen switched off and now I can't wake up mi tablet.

I tried to use button combination like Vol - / vol + and ON/Off buttom but nothing happens.

I'm charging the device but I can't wake up.

It has a red light but it turn on and 5 seconds later turn off for a second and then again the same process, I think the charger is not so good because I can hear like whistle inside but what I can do??

If can't wake up the tablet I can't flash a new firmware.

Thank for any help.

#132 fcr77

fcr77

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

hello

i have a pipo S2

when the batterie was empty , the tab don't restart when i have charge the batterie

i have try to upgrade the firmware , but the case is not green but it is blue !!

when i try a upgrade or a restore , i have a idb failed

i have make some search , i have try to erase the idb but i have a error on maskrom with loader

what can i try ?

i have dissambled the tab , disconnect the batteri , but the same issue

thanks by advance