PiPO S2 DualCore 8" Tablet

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#21 jamieg

jamieg

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

how does one get 28% discount? Is banggood good website? Just heard of it from this post.

The current price shown is with the discount, they have now removed the discount % but kept same prices.
S1=£49 and S2=£75, if you compare elsewhere these prices are competative.
Have bought from them over 20 times, so far no problems.
Only issue was once sent wrong helicopter part but BG resent correct part free of charge.

Edited by jamieg, 02 November 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#22 PIPOUSER

PIPOUSER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

The current price shown is with the discount, they have now removed the discount % but kept same prices.
S1=£49 and S2=£75, if you compare elsewhere these prices are competative.
Have bought from them over 20 times, so far no problems.
Only issue was once sent wrong helicopter part but BG resent correct part free of charge.

Have you received your S2 yet? My order for an S2 from Banggood is marked as shipped so am looking forward to receiving it.
If you haven't received it yet I assume it will be a couple of weeks delivery. Will be interested to know what you think of it while I'm waiting.
Really like my PIPO M1 with Roman's R3 on it, but feel that an 8" tablet is better for my use, so hope that the S2 is as good as the M1.

Edited by PIPOUSER, 09 November 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#23 Shameer Ali

Shameer Ali

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndia,Kerala

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Just glance through all the various forums and make a decision. For me personally I won't touch any of the dual core tablets at this time as new range of quad cores are coming in soon so my new devices will be outdated and forgotten after 3 months of usage.

If you really want a dual core then choose a pipo product but take into account price, resolution, battery and ram as well as other things that you consider personally.

Sent from my Aurora-II using Tapatalk 2

What about all the bugs that may come with all those Quadcores? Better buy a refined product than a cutting edge new product. And the technology will go forward, maybe hexacores will come and so on. if you need it, research and just buy it!

#24 jamieg

jamieg

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

Have you received your S2 yet? My order for an S2 from Banggood is marked as shipped so am looking forward to receiving it.
If you haven't received it yet I assume it will be a couple of weeks delivery. Will be interested to know what you think of it while I'm waiting.
Really like my PIPO M1 with Roman's R3 on it, but feel that an 8" tablet is better for my use, so hope that the S2 is as good as the M1.

Hi PipoUser, my S2 has not arrived yet.
It's usually 10 working days so should be this week.
Will let you know.
I've also ordered an M3 from merimobiles but they still have no stock.

#25 PIPOUSER

PIPOUSER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Hi PipoUser, my S2 has not arrived yet.
It's usually 10 working days so should be this week.
Will let you know.
I've also ordered an M3 from merimobiles but they still have no stock.

Thanks for the reply - I now know that I've got to be patient for another couple of weeks!
Are you able to track the shipping via the tracking number? I've not received a confirmation Email with a link.
From the DE at the end of my number and the Banggood forum it looks as if the shipment is via Germany.

#26 jamieg

jamieg

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for the reply - I now know that I've got to be patient for another couple of weeks!
Are you able to track the shipping via the tracking number? I've not received a confirmation Email with a link.
From the DE at the end of my number and the Banggood forum it looks as if the shipment is via Germany.

Getting off thread - will send you a PM.

#27 Simon42

Simon42

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

So I got mine something like 10 days ago. I ordered it from gadgetsdealer.com. I wouldn't recommend them since I asked twelve days before they shipped and 1 day before I ordered if it was in stock and shipping quick and they lapsed there. I had chosen EMS shipping to avoid customs and they later wrote telling me it would ship soon and had been "upgraded" to DHL since EMS was not available for this item. So in the end it was 2 weeks late and it cost me 30 bucks extra for customs - I'm in Canada.

I was pleasantly surprised with the tablet. I chose it because it had all the ports I wanted and a 4:3 screen to better read pdfs/books. It's also ideal for the old emulators I play which are all based on old TV sizes. Also concerning the screen, I'm no expert but it is better than the definetly TN screen on the Acer A100 I had before (crap - it went to my mom). The view angles are not perfect but it could very well be IPS. The screen also reacts just a little bit to pressure from my fingers on the back. Apart from that, the format is great. It's heavier and thicker on paper than the new iPad mini but the format is pretty good; it doesn't feel to thick or too heavy.

Software-wise, I'm happy that it's 4.1.1. It's the first Android device I have that really runs smoothly (my phone is an Xperia Ray). The launcher does not resize properly when you rotate it and outside line of icons half disappears. There's the Pipo update listed in this thread but I have to figure out the Chinese instructions to upgrade - it might help with that or other things. A few apps also struggle with display proportions since 4:3 Android devices are pretty rare.

I still have to play around with it some more, but if other owners want to add info on how to tweak it, this should be the place. One last thing, the battery is generally good - it doesn't discharge in hours on idle like the A100 - but it does empty its battery really quickly and it barely charges when it's plugged in and running (like outputting through HDMI).

#28 jamieg

jamieg

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I got my S2 on wed this week, here is my mini review.
Ordered from BangGood - I am based in uk.
This is my first Pipo tablet and it will not be my last.
Packaging: BG repackage the tablet in tight fitting foam packing, comes with fitted screen protector and uk mains adaptor.
Build: very good build quality, really solid and firm.
Screen: excellent and although screen not IPS it still has fairly good wide vision, mind you have noticed the left side is not as good as right. eg: If watching a film person on right would be fine but person on left would not get a good view - so two could watch but not three.
Performance: very fast and snappy at everything games, youtube-app, web, web-iplayer itvplayer-app
Sound: bit limited but adequate, one rear speaker, use headset for films etc...
Films: played all the formats I could find, high quality picture.
Batt: will not reach full capacity for several charges but used on first night for 7 hrs and still 15% left.
WiFi: better than normal china tablets, working fine through two brick walls.
Software: came with 4.1.1 and all normal google apps, managed to remove several china apps, Google play works fine.
In short - This an excellent quality mini tablet

BG order progress to uk:
Ordered from BG 27-Oct
Left china 2-Nov
First arrived Germany 10-Nov
Then arrived UK 14-Nov

I have ordered from BG many times and no problems.

#29 Zedd

Zedd

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I also ordered one on banggood 91 euro, it's a shame that the screen isn't IPS. But how about the 4:3 screen problems? How bad is it?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S6500 met Tapatalk

I also ordered one on banggood 91 euro, it's a shame that the screen isn't IPS. But how about the 4:3 screen problems? How bad is it?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S6500 met Tapatalk

#30 NRoldan

NRoldan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hi. I also have this tablet. Does anyone know how to root this? thanks

#31 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hi. I also have this tablet. Does anyone know how to root this? thanks

could try with this JB Script http://www.mediafire...s4vyhagygvsy195

be sure your Device has Developer Mode Enabled in settings

#32 rb1213

rb1213

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

Root it with zhuodashi
(dashi.com)

#33 zhuozhi211

zhuozhi211

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

Hi can anyone who own this confirm if the port is MINI USB, and not MICRO USB?
How about some review on the battery life?

Thanks.

#34 popeye!

popeye!

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

is the 4:3 resolution a problem for games(games running with 16:9 resolution) and connecting tablet to a 16:9 tv ??

#35 naoexiste

naoexiste

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Yes, it worked :rofl:
Thanks mate.

Yes, it worked :rofl:
Thanks mate.

#36 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationthe netherlands

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

This afternoon i received the PiPo S2 , ordered from banggood and shipped on the 8 of november.

After using it an hour, I must say for less than 120 USD its worth the money with 5000 mAh battery, JB, bluetooth and dual camera. For this price you can not get all, so the screen is not IPS but very good.
WiFi, reach is very good, the reason I sold the PiPo U1, which had by far the worst WiFi reach of all my china purchases.

btw, my screen does not reacts by pressure from my fingers on the back, as i know is pretty annoying.

Now several hours later after charging one time, and using it for about four hours with brightness on 75%, there is 30% battery life left.
Not bad compared with the 3800 mAh battery of the teclast P85(HD).

Edited by janesh, 24 November 2012 - 03:54 PM.

On order, nothing, and am i am finished with Chinese cpu's, i prefer my exynos devices.
Favorites, in order of use, Samsung galaxy note 8 inch, Ramos W42, Ployer Momo11 quad exynos 4412.
Sold last months, PiPo U1, Teclast P85, PiPo S2, Teclast P85HD, Cube mini U30GT, Yuandao Vido N80IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero ii: very bad, Ployer Momo12, Onda V812, Yuandao Vido N80 RK3188, Teclast P88, Google Nexus 7-8Gb, PiPo M8pro RK3188, Chuwi V88 RK3188, Samsung galaxy tab 7.7, Ployer Momo8 IPS, Yuandao Window N70, BB playbook.
And: You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason: we were lazy.

#37 Zedd

Zedd

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I just recieved my tablet, the screen aint ips but its o i really like ths tablet 4:3 is awesome

#38 dobigabi

dobigabi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

bye. tutorial on how to do it can you root? (S2 turn off?, Or on?)
sorry for my bad english.
Thanks in advance.

#39 mindtrapper

mindtrapper

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

If someone who bought it could tell us a bit about it's abilities as a pdf reader, it would be great. I want to buy this for my sister for Xmas since she needs a tablet to read pdfs. Will she be able to read comfortably or is 8" too small for this job?

Thank you!

#40 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

If someone who bought it could tell us a bit about it's abilities as a pdf reader, it would be great.

8" should be OK for reading pdfs. Can also read pdfs on 7" but I would not want to do that.

PS, Amazon Kindle Fire HD comes in 7" & 8.9" and I am sure people use those tablets for book reading too.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).