17 replies to this topic

#1 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Most of DualCore 10.1" Tablet available in the emerging China MID Tablets market can be found usually at the price range of US$190.00 to US$230, cheaper alternative solution to a mobile device. The Ramos W27 10.1" Tablet will probably be the Cheapest of them available at the market. If you feel 7" DualCore tablets that are available for US$150.00 is too small on what you do everyday, you can now own a larger screen 10.1" DualCore tablet for almost the same price point. An Online Store based in Shenzhen China is offering the Ramos W27 DualCore 10.1" Tablet for just an incredible price of US$155.99 including a world-wide free shipping.
Posted Image
It isn't just a cheap DualCore 10.1" Tablet, its packs a 1.2GHz (1.5GHz max.) AMLogic-8726 M6 DualCore processor which also has a popular DualCore Mali400 graphics, a 1GB of DDR3 RAM, 16GB of Storage, a 6400mAh Battery which is expected to last 7 hours of continuous usage, and a 0.3MP Front Facing Camera which we hope is good enough for Video Calls. The device runs on an Android 4.0.3 IceCreamSandwich OS, which is kinda little sad but I guess there would be a support for JellyBean OS for this tablet as most of us know, Ramos like Ainol is also popular on Custom-ROM developers.

The back shell uses a Plastic material and has a built-in Wi-Fi B/G/N connectivity and is capable of browsing web using an External USB-3G Dongles (selected list supported). Although using Plastic material and lack of design, the tablet seems doesn't look cheap at all. At-least I can pull this out in the middle of the public with pleasure. LoL
Posted Image
The screen although not the latest HD screen with 1280x800px resolution is still good, its like having the screen of a normal Netbook with resolution of 1024x600 (16:9). However, it doesn't have an IPS screen instead Ramos uses LED-LCD screen which is still better than ordinary LCD screen. Like we've seen on some LED-LCD screen Tablets, the image quality of LED-LCD screen is almost comparable to rich-quality image produced by the IPS screen. Just don't expect wider viewing angles.
Posted Image
Casual tablet interface ports are also available except for the HDMI port. It has a 3.5mm Audio port, a micro-USB which also function as USB-OTG port, an Expansion slot for microSDCard upto 32GB, a Wall Charger port and a mic hole at the bottom-left corner in front. The speaker is probably hiding at the back and will probably just an ordinary mono-firing loudspeaker. If you love watching movies or listening musics, you have to buy your own Earphones or Headphones as Ramos don't seem to include any.

As for the Performance, it should be the same to Ainol Novo7 Aurora-2 Tablet or any other tablet that use AMLogic-8726 M6 chipset running on Android 4.0.3 IceCreamSandwich OS but with bigger Screen and larger Battery. It should be enough for your daily needs like browsing web, reading emails and ebooks or watching your favorite movie. It should also handle 3D Gaming without any problems. Overall, the Ramos W27 DualCore 10.1" Tablet is good for your money. It suits as gift or as personal use if you're running low on Ammo (money) LoL.

Thanks for reading...

Edited by ivanz, 15 October 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#2 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Just got this item yesterday... And these are the things I experienced using its Stock ROM (ICS-20120927)

PROS:
1. WiFi Connectivity is Excellent... It doesn't break up even while downloading huge Game data-files.
2. The Speaker provide Good Quality of Sound... Clear and Loud enough to watch or listen outside.
3. Very fast and smooth IceCreamSandwich 4.0.3 experience. No "force close" no "lags" even on gaming.
4. PlayStore Compatibility is good... Most of used apps and games are available and working fine.
5. Battery Life - WoW, this one exceed my expectation. I have used the tablet for almost a day without charging it. (sometimes it charge when I copy files but not longer than 10mins.) Kept WiFi constant ON and Brightness at 40%.
6. Very well designed. Looks good and the back grip is really good. it won't slip easily on your hand.
7. Scratch Resist Glass Screen, tested using a cutter on the corner part of the bezel.

CONS:
1. Screen... It is an LED Screen without IPS Technology. With Novo10 Hero Side by Side on front, images and colours are good enough. But when tilt into any angles, it'll easily lose quality.

#3 LaaLaa

LaaLaa

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Just got this item yesterday... And these are the things I experienced using its Stock ROM (ICS-20120927)

PROS:
1. WiFi Connectivity is Excellent... It doesn't break up even while downloading huge Game data-files.
2. The Speaker provide Good Quality of Sound... Clear and Loud enough to watch or listen outside.
3. Very fast and smooth IceCreamSandwich 4.0.3 experience. No "force close" no "lags" even on gaming.
4. PlayStore Compatibility is good... Most of used apps and games are available and working fine.
5. Battery Life - WoW, this one exceed my expectation. I have used the tablet for almost a day without charging it. (sometimes it charge when I copy files but not longer than 10mins.) Kept WiFi constant ON and Brightness at 40%.
6. Very well designed. Looks good and the back grip is really good. it won't slip easily on your hand.
7. Scratch Resist Glass Screen, tested using a cutter on the corner part of the bezel.

CONS:
1. Screen... It is an LED Screen without IPS Technology. With Novo10 Hero Side by Side on front, images and colours are good enough. But when tilt into any angles, it'll easily lose quality.

Hi I already posted this in other place until I found this topic, sorry for double posting. I got my new Ramos W27 yesterday and it was working fine. I left it to "sleep" mode for over night, now when I try to start it, it wont boot. It has been in charger for over one hour and still same problem. Any ideas what to do? Thanks in advance.

#4 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Hi I already posted this in other place until I found this topic, sorry for double posting. I got my new Ramos W27 yesterday and it was working fine. I left it to "sleep" mode for over night, now when I try to start it, it wont boot. It has been in charger for over one hour and still same problem. Any ideas what to do? Thanks in advance.

have you tried pressing the reset button? i think it is placed near the power button.. try pressing it using a tooth-pick or a pin for at-least 10secs.

#5 LaaLaa

LaaLaa

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Tried reset button, didn't work. Any other ideas?

#6 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Tried reset button, didn't work. Any other ideas?

try pressing the Power Button and the Reset Button.. If that didn't solve the problem, I guess you have to re-flash its firmware.

1. JellyBean 4.1.1 for version: W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui (Click the "Paper with RAR" icon to Download)

This JellyBean 4.1.1 Firmware will not work to Ramos W27 with version: W27_ICS.W27ref.2012121213 or W27_ICS.w27ref.20120927

To know if your Tablet is JR003C or W27ref, you must look at it on "Settings > About Device"
But since your Tablet does not boot anymore, you can try the Stock IceCreamSandwich 4.0.4 Firmware

2. IceCreamSandwich 4.0.4 for version: W27_ICS.w27ref.20120927 (Click the "Paper with RAR" icon to Download)

To initiate the Firmware Installation, just extract the .rar file inside a FAT32 formatted microSDCard. Place the microSDCard into the Tablet and Hold-Press "Volume minus and Power Button". It will perform automatic upgrading...

#7 LaaLaa

LaaLaa

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thanks I will try these later today.

#8 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

one more thing, if your W27 came with pre-installed JellyBean 4.1.1 OS, use the JR00C firmware.. if not, use the W27ref.

#9 LaaLaa

LaaLaa

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Sad news for me I tried reset button and flashing with 4.0.4 and nothing happend. Screen stays black even if I touch it same time as I try to boot tablet. Any other ideas?

#10 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Sad news for me I tried reset button and flashing with 4.0.4 and nothing happend. Screen stays black even if I touch it same time as I try to boot tablet. Any other ideas?

does the screen turns-on while you were upgrading? it should show a "broken android lying".

have you tried the JellyBean 4.1.1? did your Ramos W27 came with pre-installed ICS or JB?

#11 LaaLaa

LaaLaa

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

does the screen turns-on while you were upgrading? it should show a "broken android lying".

have you tried the JellyBean 4.1.1? did your Ramos W27 came with pre-installed ICS or JB?

It came with ICS, and when trying to boot/upgrade screen stays black. So I'm starting to believe that something is wrong with hardware because all your hints have failed :(. Thank you for your help at this moment, hopefully you or someone else has one more idea what to do.

#12 Thewho

Thewho

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

It seems that this tablet has it´s problems. Mine wont wake from sleep 9/10 times I try. And then its a real pain to get it started again <_<
I will try to reflash it in an hour when the download is completed.
Do anyone know the difference between the "new" and "old" model of the w27?

Apart from the terrible screen and the stupid wake problems I mentioned it´s a pretty good tablet. It´s fast and well built.

#13 TGR

TGR

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

try pressing the Power Button and the Reset Button.. If that didn't solve the problem, I guess you have to re-flash its firmware.

1. JellyBean 4.1.1 for version: W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui (Click the "Paper with RAR" icon to Download)

This JellyBean 4.1.1 Firmware will not work to Ramos W27 with version: W27_ICS.W27ref.2012121213 or W27_ICS.w27ref.20120927

To know if your Tablet is JR003C or W27ref, you must look at it on "Settings > About Device"
But since your Tablet does not boot anymore, you can try the Stock IceCreamSandwich 4.0.4 Firmware

2. IceCreamSandwich 4.0.4 for version: W27_ICS.w27ref.20120927 (Click the "Paper with RAR" icon to Download)

To initiate the Firmware Installation, just extract the .rar file inside a FAT32 formatted microSDCard. Place the microSDCard into the Tablet and Hold-Press "Volume minus and Power Button". It will perform automatic upgrading...

Hi.

The problem about the sleep mode is present in my tablet also.
LeeLee try to hold down the power button for 10 Sec. The tablet is not dead. The battery is low. I guess something is "eating" the battery. Hold down the power button for 10 sec. plug it in to the charger and after 10 min boot it up.
I did left my tablet on 98% at 23:00 and at 07:00 it was at 1 %. It happened to me twice.
I did update the firmware ( it come whit W27_ICS.w27ref.20120927) to W27_ICS.W27ref.2012121213 without any problems, but the problem whit the Sleep mode is was still present thats why I did update to W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui.

I wanted to ask IVANZ something. There are 2 revision of W27 whit deferent firmwares, R U shure?
Like I said my W27 did come with W27_ICS.w27ref.20120927 but I was able to flash W27_ICS.W27ref.2012121213 and then W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui and it is working without any problems.
The first flash of W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui was unsuccessful. When i flashed the W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui the tabelt did not boot. After that I did another flash whit W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui and it did boot normaly.

The problem whit W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui is that it does not clock more that 1.2 GHz. Also there is no CPU option in the Settings.

#14 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I wanted to ask IVANZ something. There are 2 revision of W27 whit deferent firmwares, R U shure?
Like I said my W27 did come with W27_ICS.w27ref.20120927 but I was able to flash W27_ICS.W27ref.2012121213 and then W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui and it is working without any problems.
The first flash of W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui was unsuccessful. When i flashed the W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui the tabelt did not boot. After that I did another flash whit W27_JRO03C.eng.xiehui and it did boot normaly.

well, just tried it once... from W27ref.20120927 to JR003C.eng and the tab didn't boot... i'm pretty sure i made it correctly.. my tab since to not have your issue... so i guess mine is different than yours..

#15 TGR

TGR

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

well, just tried it once... from W27ref.20120927 to JR003C.eng and the tab didn't boot... i'm pretty sure i made it correctly.. my tab since to not have your issue... so i guess mine is different than yours..

Right.
On my first flash the tablet DID NOT BOOT.

SO try again without flashing 4.0.3

Do it like that.

1. Flash working 4.0.3 and boot.
2. Flash 4.1.1 THE TABLET WONT / will not BOOT!
3. Power it off by holding the power key for like 4 seconds
4. Flash again 4.1.1
5. It will boot!

I guess it is because it flash new recovery.img

Allso in 4.1.1 the CPU is clocking UP TO 1.2 Ghz. It is sad but... There are no CPU setting in SETTINGS.

Edited by TGR, 01 February 2013 - 02:22 AM.

#16 chenzen666

chenzen666

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

i Also have a ramos w27 and was wondering if i can upgrade the firmware to JB

my device has ICS.w27ref.20121112

Android version 4.0.3

any help will be greatly received

#17 tifkat

tifkat

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

I have a W27, and the battery won't charge. The vendor gave me credit for the tablet in their store, as shipping back was more than the tablet cost, and I upgraded to a W30, but I still have a working W27, if I can get a replacement battery for it.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to get a replacement battery? I live in Australia, and I have emailed Ramos directly, but have received no reply.

Thanks,

tifkat

#18 luffy54

luffy54

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

beautiful tablet,is there a good cheapest quadcore tablet?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
galaxy note 3 galaxy note 3 abonnement

Edited by luffy54, 09 December 2013 - 03:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users