78 replies to this topic

#61 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Ronan monkey and tablino, my experience with TNT was excelent very happy with tablet would 100% recommend TNT there service was brilliant, I am having a bit of trouble getting 3g working have tried manually entering apn to no avail but imsure I will get it sorted. If u have any specifics you want to know just ask I will answer best I can

#62 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Ronan monkey and tablino, my experience with TNT was excelent very happy with tablet would 100% recommend TNT there service was brilliant, I am having a bit of trouble getting 3g working have tried manually entering apn to no avail but imsure I will get it sorted. If u have any specifics you want to know just ask I will answer best I can

Thanks reece, I know TNT is top trusted but unfortunately I don't live in US nor UK so I won't be able to get their modded service + add delivery fees because I'll be too costly.
I really like the Pipo M2 I don't care about 3G but I'm reading many random issues like memory card, Wifi poor signal, poor camera, recharging etc. etc.
Maybe I just wait a bit more so hopefully Pipo will release a more performant tablet.

#63 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

I still haven't cheched memory card. But I have used many WiFi connections and all have connected and stayed connected with decent signal strength. Camera is not brilliant but I barely use the camera on my mobile let alone a tablet so that's not a big deal to me. And recharging havnt noticed anything out of the ordinary. Touch screen works perfectly on charge which I am surrpriced as I have a HTC desire s phone and its sometimes unresponcive when charging.

#64 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I still haven't cheched memory card. But I have used many WiFi connections and all have connected and stayed connected with decent signal strength. Camera is not brilliant but I barely use the camera on my mobile let alone a tablet so that's not a big deal to me. And recharging havnt noticed anything out of the ordinary. Touch screen works perfectly on charge which I am surrpriced as I have a HTC desire s phone and its sometimes unresponcive when charging.

Your tablet sounds more than ok to me but a problem remains, where to buy it already modded/tested a part from tnt?

#65 RonanMarkey

RonanMarkey

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Thanks Reece,

I also have a few questions:
1. Is there any buzzing sound that comes from the speakers as this is a common problem with Chinese tablets?
2. Does the wifi work when when far from the router/through walls etc?
3. Would you consider the battery life to be good enough?? How many hours?
4. When you bought the tablet was it already on tnt firmware/rooted or did you have to flash it yourself??
5. Was the tablet in stock and ready to ship?
5. Finally, would you recommend me to go and buy this tablet?

Thanks a lot,
Ronan

#66 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Ronanmarkey
1. Speakers are pretty decent for a tablet no buzzing from mine.
2.I have had know problems with WiFi connected to a few routers now and used through walls upstairs and downstairs and is all good no drop in signal or disconnections all works as should.
3. Battery life is OK I have been using a lot tho as have just got it so I would say its fine lasts a hole day for me on around 2/3 brightness and WiFi on doing quite a bit of browsing YouTube etc so I would say its pretty good no complaints
4.bought from TNT and they flashed firmware and rooted before the sent it me.
5. Was in stock and ready to ship but think other out of stock again.
6.would recently recommend overall a ferry good tablet no major problems as yet, very good build quality etc.

This iswhere i bought my tab from WWW.uktopnotchtablets.co.uk worth a look

#67 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

This iswhere i bought my tab from WWW.uktopnotchtablets.co.uk worth a look

The site seems down.

#68 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Sorry its http://uk.topnotchtablets.com/

#69 lazyboy00

lazyboy00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have ordered a Pipo M2 3G.
Technical specifications on website of the seller say that tablet mounts this processor: Rockchip RK3066, 1.6GHz, Cortex-A9 dual core.

Customer support says that PCBM number is RK3066_DS973-C_V1.3 20120922.

According to Pipo Official Website, DS973 item mounts a Rockchip 2918,1GHz,Cortex A8. (http://www.pipo.com....oduct.php?id=85), and not a RK3066.

Do you have any explanation on that?

#70 mrwhosetheboss

mrwhosetheboss

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

This or the nexus 7? hich wouldyou say is better price/performance?

#71 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

seems my experiwnxw post just disappeared..so i am putting again here..

recieved my pipo max m2 3G on 22.11.2012

site ordered: http://www.dealsononline.com/tablets

date ordered: 16/11/2012 Friday

payment: vide neft bank transfer

order processed: 7/11/2012 saturday

Quality control check and testing of tablet for problems: done at kolkotta warehouse on 20/11/2012 Tuesday

Shipped: 21/11/2012 Wednesday 01 AM

Recieved: 22/11/2012 Thursday 8pm

price: around 2500 Rs more than direct chinese sellers ( 50$ more costly than spemall or ipadalternative)..but worth the peace of mind..(Hope they increase their volumes and bring down the prices!)

total time from payment to shipping 5 days(4 working days)..time to delivery 7 days (6 working days)

email support: wonderful and prompt..thanks to Deb

yet to recieve the original pipo m2 3G leather case as they did not have it in stock..(had paid for it seperately..Hope they ship it soon)

Quality of tablet recieved..

Looks gread and sounds great

buttons seem ok

just put on charge

firmware on the tablet: kernel 3.0.87 SMP prempt wed Nov 7 RK 30_Android 4.1.1 - sdk

DSH975-eng 4.1.1 JR 003H 20121106. 144826 release keys(PIPO site does not show this firmware but DSH 973 20121108!!)

yet to check sd card slot and 3G sim slots..will get back once i check in a couple of days on this stock firmware..

Wifi signals seems to be not strong with intermittent loss of connectivity..will have to wait and check and tell you guys..is this firmware or harware issue?

definitely can recommend dealsonline as a trusted reseller for quality tablets for shipping to india..

update 24.11.2012..

strontium class 10 32 GB card succesfully being read on my m2 max 3G..

only the wifi seems to be a little weak..no problem in same room ..but not pickin up properly if door closed and/or in the next room while my notebook does..any cures?

the touch is superb..buttons fine..managed to charge it 100% in a couple of hours..more than 24 hours after charge still 60% left..but usage not much

speakers seem ok(not very loud..but i have no experince with anyother tab as this is my first one)..the earphone effect is superb!

able to remove the chinese apps with ease..

yet to root it..

able to put in a 3G sim and internet is working on the tablet..

my pipo max m2 is at present in the stock pipo firmware DSH 975 20121106 and is yet to be rooted! (i first activated the 3G through a non android phone and saved the APN automatically given by my service provider.i swithced off the wifi and then the tablet,inserted the sim then switched tablet back on and it automatially detected and latched to my service providers network)

getting only around 60kbps upload and download.is it because of the inherent wcdma 2100hz in this tablet or is it h poor speeds because of poor service by the provider???

One drawback with this stock firmware is that the settings does not show which network provider giving the 3G..have to go into below data access in settings to see...

if bothe wifi is on and connected and the 3G is on and connected then which network is used for data..wifi or the 3G one???

Another drawback is no calling/recieving facility..so only internet 3G is working without ability to make or recieve calls.

yet to check hdmi

am yet to put the screen guard..anyone put one..should i use a screen guard or not?

update 28.11.12

5 days of tablet use on the stock rom dsh975 20121106..tablet working superb..no issues so far

update on the 3G..got speeds of download of 4500kbpz and upload of 1500 kbps on the 3G sim yesterday night..so probably the speed issue is provider related and not tablet related

strontium 32 gb card class 10 is staying mounted no issues.

if i switch on the wifi after the 3g it then latches on to the wifi but the data usage screen does not change to wifi..thats strange!

the mini usb recognised my 2Gb transcend usb drive but not my 150 Gb drive..any idea why?

yet to figure out how to get into the storage slots (sd card or usb)..is it possible to use usb like in a laptop..open the external storage device?

Edited by mkh, 27 November 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#72 mikitio

mikitio

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hi all Sorry for my English,I'm Spanish.

M2 is to start my work I have seen that says android 4.1 as well as purchased ... I assumed that with the upgrade version of android change .. it turns out that not

The last update on the web there is Pipo "Firmware of M2_20121106_new PCBA" (I think it is not 4.1) ... I have installed and the tablet does not respond ... so I'm back to put this "M2 software_20120830_old PCBA" ... is that there are two versions for the M2 that differ in the PCBA (which is not) ....
Total ... can someone tell me if android 4.1 for M2 Pipo Wifi version? Will come out at some point?

And another thing. I have some bad pixel on my tablet. I can repair?

Somebody answer if you know something please

#73 achak

achak

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Is anyone having the problem Im having..Im not beig able to copy anything to my external Sandisk Micro SD(16GB) even though it shows around 4GB of space left. Im being able to copy from it but not to it. Any ideas? It keeps saying 'copy failed'. Please help. I tried unmounting it and remounting it but it still shows the same problem.

#74 Mr2Ange

Mr2Ange

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hello! Pipo owners of Slatedroid.com :)

Just wanted to say hello!,

I've been watching the forums for a little while and decided the Pipo m2 was the tablet for me,

I ordered a Pipo M2 3G today from ipadalternative.com - i'm hoping that i'll get it next week sometime.

I'm a games developer so I intend to be doing a lot of tinkering!

#75 aiuto

aiuto

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

There's a company in the UK who have had to send back their entire shipment of Pipo M2 due to a Wifi and screen problem. All orders have been canceled. If that helps anyone. TopNotchTablets i think it was.

#76 kont

kont

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

I tried the zte mf110 stick on m2 mix and it worked fine!!! the only trouble Im havind is with the sd card which is not working correctly....

#77 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I tried the zte mf110 stick on m2 mix and it worked fine!!! the only trouble Im havind is with the sd card which is not working correctly....

It seems a common problem among tablets, I had the same problem on my Ainol Novo Hero10 and the latest firmware fixed the it.

#78 trespasser

trespasser

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

There's a company in the UK who have had to send back their entire shipment of Pipo M2 due to a Wifi and screen problem. All orders have been canceled. If that helps anyone. TopNotchTablets i think it was.

I think it was Pipo M3 having quality problems, not M2. They also have different screens.

#79 taylorvip007

taylorvip007

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hi

I have a pipo m3 and I'm trying to root the device
In order to root I cannot get any of the driver to work
I tried the link and downloaded the drivers
I have a 64-bit win7 machine
same error all the time
"the driver is not intended for this platform"
I have the device in firmware mode (I think...... picture showing android with his stomach open showing a red !)
any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users