78 replies to this topic

#41 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hey Tablino

I did add it then it was removed by the Mods and i got told off for advertising, as we are not an advertising, partner :(

There are 2 x Pipo M2 models the WiFi "Max" and the 3G "Mix", had to check my 3G boxes as i usually get them backwards :unsure: ) Defo says "Mix" on 3G box!

The difference, obviously, is one has 3G & WiFi the other WiFi only - but they also use different firmware versions - which do not appear to be compatible with its opposite.

The 3G simply allows you to use a SIM card for mobile access to the internet - NOT making phone calls - and is more expensive.

The M2 WiFi shipped with Android 4.0.4, despite boxes and Pipo's website saying 4.1 - and the few tablets I was able to purchase definitely came with 4.0.4. Pipo have since released an update to 4.1 but crucially it is labelled "new_pcb" which I think is safe to assume will NOT work with the "old_pcb" models.

However since I am sold out of M2 WiFi and have been unable to purchase any more i cannot a) test the new f/w on an "old_pcb" B) check if the "new_pcb" models are actually running 4.1.

The 3G versions seemed to have received 4.1 from the start.

Hope that helps.

Paul

#42 thi ha

thi ha

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Can owners of Pipo M2 3G check the resolution? Just got mine yesterday. The resolution is only 768 x 976
not 768 X 1024 as advertised.
I use android assistant app to check it.
Everything is a little bigger, apart from that the tablet is quite good overall.

#43 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hey Tablino
I did add it then it was removed by the Mods and i got told off for advertising, as we are not an advertising, partner :(
There are 2 x Pipo M2 models the WiFi "Max" and the 3G "Mix", had to check my 3G boxes as i usually get them backwards :unsure: ) Defo says "Mix" on 3G box!
The difference, obviously, is one has 3G & WiFi the other WiFi only - but they also use different firmware versions - which do not appear to be compatible with its opposite.
The 3G simply allows you to use a SIM card for mobile access to the internet - NOT making phone calls - and is more expensive.
The M2 WiFi shipped with Android 4.0.4, despite boxes and Pipo's website saying 4.1 - and the few tablets I was able to purchase definitely came with 4.0.4. Pipo have since released an update to 4.1 but crucially it is labelled "new_pcb" which I think is safe to assume will NOT work with the "old_pcb" models.
However since I am sold out of M2 WiFi and have been unable to purchase any more i cannot a) test the new f/w on an "old_pcb" B) check if the "new_pcb" models are actually running 4.1.
The 3G versions seemed to have received 4.1 from the start.
Hope that helps.
Paul

Thanks very much for clarification.
So I'm looking definitely for the WiFi version Pipo M2 or similar tablet must have front speakers.

You could add me to the list of people who asked for pre-sale support on tnt web site and got no replay. :)))
BTW, I asked if you delivery to AU but I think you don't so could you please replay here or by message and suggest me an alternative shop?
Thanks in advance.

Edited by tablino, 14 November 2012 - 02:45 AM.

#44 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

"thi ha" try www.whatismyscreenresolution.com instead

"tablino" my apologies, i cannot track down the error people are experiencing intermittently - when i test with F/Fox or Chrome it works without issue..... pm'd you as i think discussing any kind of supply may be a breach of forum rules

#45 wlf

wlf

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Can owners of Pipo M2 3G check the resolution? Just got mine yesterday. The resolution is only 768 x 976
not 768 X 1024 as advertised.

It is normal, at bottom you have a black bar with home/back/task buttons, the difference of 48 pixel! ;)

#46 thi ha

thi ha

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

It is normal, at bottom you have a black bar with home/back/task buttons, the difference of 48 pixel! ;)

is that so? weird. Btw, did your music playing stop after wake up or video freezes on start up?

Edited by thi ha, 14 November 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#47 lazyboy00

lazyboy00

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

hi everybody,
do you confirm that Pipo M2 3g RK3066_DS973-C_V1.3 20120922 comes with JellyBean?

Thank you.

#48 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

magician the pipo m2 3G is MAX while the pipo m2 wifi only is the MIX..(not othereways as u told)

#49 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

well someone had better tell Pipo then cos my M2 3G's 100% said "MIX" on them =@

#50 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

well someone had better tell Pipo then cos my M2 3G's 100% said "MIX" on them =@

I guess OEM rebranded and wrongly labeled?

#51 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

Nope, totally original Pipo tablets in Pipo boxes - no rebranding/OEM in sight.

#52 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

ok will find out shorly as my pipo m2 3G arrives..by the way magician does the TNT m2 3G ROM firmware flash solve the SD card issue?

#53 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

i just recived my pipo m2 from tnt and i can confirm 3g version is the max and wifi is mix. as max is printed on the tab. although the box states mix but i noticed the android version on the box is a sticker over the 4.0.4 saying 4.1 and also the 3g wcdma on the box is a sticker wher as everything els is actualy printed on the box so my gues is they make one universal box and put stickers on the 3g version. have to sayvery impressed so far with the tablet am just currently setting everything up

#54 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Lol, well spotted I hadn't thought to check the back of the tablet! :nea:

Although as the Pipo M1 Max is ONLY available in WiFi this does only help to confuse everyone, clearly me along with it :rolleyes:

#55 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Lol, well spotted I hadn't thought to check the back of the tablet! :nea:

Although as the Pipo M1 Max is ONLY available in WiFi this does only help to confuse everyone, clearly me along with it :rolleyes:

+1 I'm even more :blink:

#56 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

reece/magician..whats the firmware version of the pipo m2 max 3G that TNT is shipping?

is it flashed with the TNT firmware version 1 for the 3G?

is the sd card working? if so which card and how much GB?

i have ordered a pipo m2 3G from an indian reseller and waiting for the same..

can tell me what all to do once i get my tablet?
maybe first i should root and install the TNT rom ver 1 for the 3G?

Edited by mkh, 17 November 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#57 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

I have TNT release 1. As for SD card I have not tested yet.

#58 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

I have TNT release 1. As for SD card I have not tested yet.

hope u can share ur experince of setting up a new tablet...mine arrives on tuesday

#59 RonanMarkey

RonanMarkey

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

@reece please let me know how you are getting on with the tablet. I too am planning to get one from TNT and I would like to know how your experience has been so far with them and the product.

#60 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

@reece please let me know how you are getting on with the tablet. I too am planning to get one from TNT and I would like to know how your experience has been so far with them and the product.

+1 I'm waiting too.
@reece thanks in advance :drinks:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users