• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

paul can u give the link for that JB firmware update for the M2?...

#22 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

mkh (pm'd link) - but they are both on FMA forum.

I have flashed both of the versions from there using the RKTool version 1.5;

[ROM] Infected JB V1.4 (10/20/12) - able to recover, after several attempts, back to stock
[ROM] Decontaminated V1.5 (10/13/12) - able to recover

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get tablet to boot with either ROM installed - just get a blank screen - others have been successful though.

So I would advise caution, if your gonna give it a try.

I think perhaps there is some confusion arising as a result of having the Mix M2 and the Max M2 - as they use different firmware. (Any Forum Mods reading this may want to fork the Pipo M2 into WiFi "Mix" and 3G "Max" or i think there will be tonnes of reported issues arising).

I can confirm that the latest stock rom "ds973h-4.0-300w-120830-update" from Pipo for the M2 WiFi "Mix" is Android 4.0.4 (downloads as "Uknown", but unzips as ds973h etc)

Paul

Edited by magician2905, 22 October 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#23 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

good u told me...am not going to flash as it is m2 with inbuilt 3G(so probably max m2)...any giude on how to root the pipo max m2 successfully?

#24 drewlucas4

drewlucas4

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

Afternoon,

I tried to update mu pipo mix m2 with Infected JB V1.4 (10/20/12 yesteday and it's given me a tablet that boots to a half white screen and then just hangs. I'm having real problems getting it back to the stock firmware as I can't get windows to see the tablet on any PC so I can use the batch tool.
Can anyone help in getting this thing back up and running becuase I was really impressed and just wanted JB!
Thanks in advance,
Drew.

#25 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hey drew,

Sorry to hear about problems!!! :(

For starters grab yourself the stock ROM - Dan over at FMA kindly uploaded all ROMS to google here so this will save you the pain of getting it from Pipo.

Download and unzip the file, it should unzip to "ds973h-4.0-300w-120830-update"

I was able to recover mine using the "standard" RK3066 flash method.

Make certain your tablet is powered off 100% - if in doubt press and hold power button for 10-20 secs to do a "hard off"

Then start up RKBatchTools and find the stock rom you unzipped earlier.

Press and hold down the Volume - key whilst at the same time pressing and holding the power key. Whilst they are both held down plug in the USB into USB (not the one marked "Host).

Release the power key then the volume key and hopefully it should go into flash mode (Connected Devices 1 goes "green)

Simply select upgrade and wait for everything to finish.

Reboot and give it time to install everything - change settings to whatever language/time zone necessary etc

Its worth noting, at least on my tablets, that after I had problems it required a re-format on the NAND-flash (got a chinese symbol next to the clock) by touching the symbol and selecting yes.

Hope that helps, Paul

#26 drewlucas4

drewlucas4

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Thanks paul,
Guess what I'm doing for the next 20 minute!
D.

#27 drewlucas4

drewlucas4

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hello again,

Still no joy. Looks like I've almost got there but windows is saying that in encountered a problem installing the driver software. "driver not intended for the platform" RK30 device. Rockchip batch tool therefore stays grey and I'm no further along the line!

If only windows would play ball!
Arrrrghh!
D.

p.s. I'm using the drivers in Rk batch tools v1.5.

#28 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Did you use this method to flash the ROM previously as it sounds like RK Batch Tool isn't fully installed.... or correctly installed....??

It can take a bit of work to get the correct drivers installed in the right section of windows.

Nathan wrote up an incredibly detailed process for doing this here which would take me forever to walk you through if you do need it.

You will need to go

Firmware --> "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images --> TNT RK3066 Firmware Flashing Guide and read through the process.

Hope that helps......

#29 drewlucas4

drewlucas4

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yahoooo!

Looks like it was the driver in the batch tool. Downloaded these ones for the cubeG30 here and windows installed them and saw the tablet first time. Firmware installed and tablet up and running. Currently looking very chinese but nothing I can't sort!
I know I might be asking for trouble but does anyone know of a stable JB firmware yet?

Thanks for all your help,
Drew.

#30 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Coooool! :yahoo:

Glad you got it sorted!!! I must admit to a brief moment of panic when mine failed to boot up at all.

Its pretty unlikely there is a JB version currently as there isn't officially a version from available Pipo so any custom rom will be a ported version from another tablet brand, with the ensuing risks that it doesn't work.

The M2 WiFi seems very "finicky" with firmware, besides it has only been out for a couple of weeks now.

I'm hoping in a week, or two, Pipo pull their fingers out of their arses and get it released then i'm sure there will be a tonne of tweaked versions readily available TNT will likely be amongst them.

Paul

#31 drewlucas4

drewlucas4

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

I know this is the initial impressions thread so I thought it only right, now I have the thing back up and running to give my initial impressions.

It's quick. Very quick. I've had a few 7" tablets from china recently and this is by far quicker than any of them.

Build quality is good with buttons that click firmly and nothing creaks or bends.

The screen quality is very good. Viewing angles are excellent and it's bright enought even on half power.

Battery appears to be good too although I've only had it for 5 days, it has only been charged once.

Like you say, hopefully Pipo will pull their fingers out and release a JB firmware.

It's certianly worth every penny.
Drew.

#32 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Benches are comparable to any other RK3066 device I have a few...... The only poor score was sunspider which was the lowest of any RK3066 tablet i have tested.

Battery is awesome - i run my battery test by looping a movie (i always use the same movie), played in stock movie player with WiFi on and @ full volume/brightness - it managed a shade over 5 hours continuous playback before shutting down - this is an hour more than any other tablet (I have an OEM 10.1" that managed 4 hours) with the rest typically @ 3.5hours.

Speakers are awesome too.

Get the JB sorted and this is a rocking little tablet.
  • lynxboy likes this

#33 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

any idea if pipo max m2 inbuilt 3G will be available from TNT and would they ship to india?

Edited by mkh, 24 October 2012 - 07:57 AM.

#34 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

MKH - Yes to both

Rather than discuss it on here though (cos i will get shouted at) either send me a PM or contact me through website.

Paul

#35 Tab_Modder

Tab_Modder

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hi all:

Sorry about my confusion. I thought wifi and 3g used the same kernel and they do not. I am putting together the new base for the pipo m2 wifi and it should be up by end of today.
  • magician2905 likes this

#36 Giannis20vt

Giannis20vt

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi all:

Sorry about my confusion. I thought wifi and 3g used the same kernel and they do not. I am putting together the new base for the pipo m2 wifi and it should be up by end of today.

Any news ?

#37 kajacro

kajacro

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

Any news ?

Tab_Modder has been busy! Just wish I could get past installing usb driver!

http://www.flashmyan...velopment-(wifi)

#38 leangrowth

leangrowth

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

I saw on the pipo site that there has been a new firmware available since yesterday (M2 upgrade firmware _20120924_ new version). Has anyone tried it?

#39 jimlin

jimlin

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Hi Daost,

This is Paul from TNT UK.

I'm sorry to say i didn't receive any email enquiries from you otherwise I absolutely would have replied to them. (edit - I have tested all the contact links and they seem to be working fine)

Feel free to ask whatever you like either, on this forum, via pm or through the contact button on the TNT site (please be conscious of not hijacking any thread though).

Paul

Hi Paul

I have today attempted to register at TNT Uk so that I could buy a Pipo M2. but I am not receiving a reply with a password to my application. I also tried to get through with the "Lost Password Request" but still no answers. My user name hopefully will be mij333.

Could you please sort something out?

Thanks and Best regards

jimlin

#40 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Could anyone please tell me what is the difference between Pipo Mix M2 and Pipo M2? Sorry I'm a bit confused.

@magician2905 I think adding tnt web link in your signature would be useful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users