• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

After the disappointment of the Pipo Movie M3 I thought I would give some initial impressions on the Pipo Mix M2. This is the model without 3G built-in.

It has a very bright 1024 x 768 9.7 inch display. In fact it is brighter than the Max M1. See the screenshots below (white tablet at the top is the Max M1):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks more like the M3 but with a nicer brushed metal finish on the rear. It also shares a similar socket arrangement with the M3 having all of them along the right hand side. There are three buttons on the left hand side; volume, esc and menu.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Mix M2 comes with ICS 4.0.4 but I can only assume that a Jelly Bean version is in the works. In any case it works very smoothly and operation is every bit as good as the Max M1.

The Wifi scores on Wifi analyzer were the same as the Max M1 (-58dbm and -40 dbm).

The speaker difference is the real clincher for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWhdho_g0W0.

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 09 October 2012 - 02:36 PM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#2 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

looks good cant wait to recieve mine hopfully get it friday. how is this tablet straight out the box was it full a chinese bloatware or is it good to go right away? also is there anythimg bad about this tablet you have noticed?

reece

#3 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yes it had Chinese bloatware but I have noticed recently on Pipo tablets that most of these can be uninstalled without rooting.

I haven't found anything to dislike as yet, except maybe...I had a problem rooting it.

I tried Zhuoadashi (twice) and it failed to root it. So I tried this method on Vondroid --> http://vondroid.com/...ing-guide.1004/
It half worked but Root Checker still said it wasn't rooted and SuperSU was missing. However I was then able to use Root Explorer to copy SuperSU.apk manually to the correct location and set the permissions correctly and then it was rooted ok :good:

Jez
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#4 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

cheers jezzer sounds like a solid chinese tablet somthing that is quite hard to find haha glad i ordered this one.

#5 lanosalf

lanosalf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

The M1 may have a brighter screen than the M2, but the M1 seems better, at least from the photos. Look at the 2nd photo, the M2 is too bright, if you look at the sky, in the M1 you can clearly see clouds, on the contrary on the M2 is too bright and the photo is "clipped" on bright tones and you can't see the clouds.

#6 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

yeah but all u need to do is turn down the brightness as its controlable i think the pictures are just to show the diffrences in brightness

#7 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

That's correct reece. Both screens are good quality and I have no complaints about either, it's just that the M2 goes brighter.

Jez

#8 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Yay... Gratz Jesser! :-)

#9 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

what about battery life?

thanks

#10 JokerFace

JokerFace

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

Battery life is very good! Working 2 days without charging!

#11 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Battery life is very good! Working 2 days without charging!

Agreed, seems very good across the range (M1, M2 and M3).

Jez

#12 dc/dt

dc/dt

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Does this device has a valid IMEI Number? I noticed in a youtube video showing IMEI number as 12345.

#13 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

jezzer..now that u have the firmware for the m3 that solves the cpu problem..how would u rate the m2 vis a vis the m3?..

i need inbuilt 3G and the ramos w30 seems far away....so thinking to order the m2..can i? does the screen resolution between the 2 make a difference in real life?

what about the issues with inability to read the 32 GB sd card...is that sorted out?

awaiting your answers and help.

regards

#14 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hi mkh,

Bearing in mind that I have the non-3G Mix M2 which has a slightly different design to the 3g M2.

The M2 is noticeably lighter than the M3 in the hand. It's screen goes brighter and speakers louder than the M3 although in every day use the M3 is fine and you would only notice comparing them side by side.

If looking for a 10.1 inch tablet then no contest... It's the M3. If 9.7 then the M2 just gets the vote over the M1 for me due to the speakers.

I have had no problems with either tablet with micro sd cards although I know others have. Mine are formatted NTFS anyway since using them with my original cube u30gt so that might have made a difference.

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 21 October 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#15 Daost

Daost

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi,
I am impressed with the new PiPo M2 and I'm considering buying it.

I was also looking at Ployer Momo11 Speed and A1CS Fusion Premium+ with similar specs and which seem to be getting consistent good reviews on Amazon(UK). Did anyone have a chance to compare directly all these tablets (Ployer vs A1CS vs PiPo)? Any of them having better build quality/battery life?

Can anyone recommend me a UK dealer that has the Pipo Mix M2 in stock and offers UK based warranty?
I contacted Ingadget.co.uk and althought they were prompt to reply which is a + they told me they offer only 6 months warranty which is a bit worrying. I also sent a couple of messages to uk.topnotchtablets.com via their online form however I did not receive any reply for over a week now and this is quite worrying as well. If they don't reply to you when you're enquiring about a product you wish to buy from them how can you expect them to reply to you if you have a problem with a product you bought from them?

Any suggestions for a serious UK dealer for PiPo M2 with 1-year UK based warranty?

#16 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hi Daost,

This is Paul from TNT UK.

I'm sorry to say i didn't receive any email enquiries from you otherwise I absolutely would have replied to them. (edit - I have tested all the contact links and they seem to be working fine)

Feel free to ask whatever you like either, on this forum, via pm or through the contact button on the TNT site (please be conscious of not hijacking any thread though).

Paul

Edited by magician2905, 22 October 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#17 B0Gn1k

B0Gn1k

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hi Daost,

This is Paul from TNT UK.

I'm sorry to say i didn't receive any email enquiries from you otherwise I absolutely would have replied to them. (edit - I have tested all the contact links and they seem to be working fine)

Feel free to ask whatever you like either, on this forum, via pm or through the contact button on the TNT site (please be conscious of not hijacking any thread though).

Paul

I'm very interested in this device but i need to know if you're going to make a version of your TNT firmware for this device ( M2 wifi )
Thanks.

#18 GodDamnedPaparazzi

GodDamnedPaparazzi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hey Paul;
great to have you on the site. :drinks:

Last month I also tried to use the online contact page to enquire about a tab and didn't get a response; hopefully it is sorted out now as you've tested it again and it seems to be working; but just thought you might want to know in case.....

GDP.
Currently Owned: Pipo Max M1 running TNT JB V2

Previously Owned: Window N101+

#19 magician2905

magician2905

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hey, sorry to hear that other people had encountered problems!! :sorry:

Nathan in USA is our firmware Guru. He is waiting for a 100% confirmed M2 Mix Android 4.1 to be available - Pipo's own website still doesn't show this as available for either the Mix or Max M2 versions - despite some people apparently receiving tablets with Jelly Bean pre-installed........

My stock has arrived with Android 4.04 despite claiming Android 4.1 on the box...............! (I'm going to give a different JB custom rom (from another forum) a go and see how that pans out initially though.)

I have to say my very, very initial impressions is that the tablet is really nice - front dual speakers gives the best sound on any tablet i have heard ever. Gonna give it the work out later today, with benches/battery tests etc once the battery is fully charged up.

My stock of the M3 Movie has stalled in Hong Kong, temporarily, "apparently" there are extra security measures in place atm due to various political events taking place in China.

Paul

#20 spamnco

spamnco

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I still don't understand why the Mix didn't have JB in the first place.