43 replies to this topic

#1 playdoe

playdoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

There is a great list on the wiki of all compatible games...[]Compatible Games on Fire and A2[] So since I'm an avid player I've decided to play some and report my findings..I'm sure that I'm not the only person playing games on this great tablet so far. So I've decided to make a list of all the games I love so far, and share my experiences and would like to hear yours before I go ahead and download and get disappointed:-( And pay to NOT PLAY!.... I play everything from Heavy Ones (Asphalt 7) and Light Ones (Angry Birds).. So far the tablet has out-preformed my expectations and even with the under-clocking(To avoid heating) on Flambe V15 I've had good success!! Here's my List...So Far! I'll upgrade as I go, but hopefully will avoid mistakes once I hear your stories...

GAMES:
--MAX PAYNE - (yeah there is one) it's a whopping 1.36 GB w/ 3D Third Person Shooting Fun!! Max eve does his signature slowing down of time whilst shooting.
**Works great on Flame/ No glitches or slowing down** Highly recommended for Action enthusiasts
--Asphalt 7 - Now one of the reasons I downloaded this game was a video I saw on the Tornado( Youtube) playing the game.I figured it played great on that so why not on the more advanced Fire?
**Works great except the road on the game is white?? Yeah the one you drive on, as if the graphics can't render it.If you can learn to follow the white road your okay. It did work perfectly on the Tornados, if anyone has a solution would like to hear it**
--FreeCiv - A free version of the classic game Civilization.
** Works great without any ads! Go Figure!
--Bombshells - A graphically intense game from Glu that uses your accelerometer to pilot a spacecraft/plane.
**Game works great and every so often you get a smart comment from the female pilots (no male pilots) which will have you smiling while you fly!!
--Rebuild - A great sim-like game where you must rebuild the world around you whilst surviving a Zombie apocalypse and attacks.
**Works like a charm. No complaints.
--Angry Birds/Fruit ninja/Where's my Water/Jetpack Joyrid -
**These and other less graphically intense games work without a hitch!
--Inotia 3/Zenonia (1)(2)(3)(4) and other 2-D Rpg's
**Work great and great story lines! Love these type of games, any suggestions??
--Eternity Warriors 2- A great 3D RPG from Glu.
**Works great without any lag. I love these types of games so if you guys have any more to suggest I'm all ears!!
--Caligo Chaser - Fun 2D RPG game!!
**Your gonna be killing your screen though with the multiple button presses.
--MINECRAFT/MINEBUILDER/BLOCKWORLD - Work great..no lag...although I haven't really built anything complicated if so I'll report later.
** For those of you that don't know Minecraft and the clones (Blockworld and Minebuilder) are 3D block like worlds where you must craft stuff and build a shelter before nightfall when the "monsters" come out and will kill you!!Great excitement...I'm sure the number one phrase for these is "OMG it's getting Dark...hurry!!The have DEMO versions so give it a try!!
--Call of Duty: Modern Combat 3 and NBA 2K13 - "run very smooth and these are tegra games )" reported by renusuke

Edited by mrsburnout, 14 April 2013 - 11:00 PM.
defunct links removed

Isolation had many children, and dissolution was but one of them – yet its path was unique, for that path began when identity was left behind....- Malazan Book of the Fallen

#2 miguelsanchez666

miguelsanchez666

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Did anybody manage to run "Real Racing 2 HD"?
I could play it on previous firmware (0916 if I good remember).
Now, running Flambe v15 game starts, I can access menu etc but crash everytime it's loading a track. I tried to clear data, reinstall it but it doesn't help.
Game is legitimate not pirated.

Regarding "Asphalt 7" I have no problems at all. Road is being displayed correctly.

Edited by miguelsanchez666, 08 October 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#3 renusuke

renusuke

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Have you tried one of the best games this year? Modern Combat 3 and NBA 2k13? fire just run very smooth in these tegra games :))

#4 renusuke

renusuke

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Now, running Flambe v15 game starts, I can access menu etc but crash everytime it's loading a track. I tried to clear data, reinstall it but it doesn't help.

Regarding "Asphalt 7" I have no problems at all. Road is being displayed correctly.

Ugh! I can't run Real Racing 2 in my fire T_T maybe I download an SD files for galaxy tabs :( can't find anything that fits the fire.

#5 miguelsanchez666

miguelsanchez666

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Ugh! I can't run Real Racing 2 in my fire T_T maybe I download an SD files for galaxy tabs :( can't find anything that fits the fire.

Well, I'm talking about legitimate version (which I paid for) so additional data is downloaded automaticaly from EA servers .

#6 Innerleaf

Innerleaf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Well for once I checked to see if this topic was around before typing away and I didn't see one. I'm sure that I'm not the only person playing games on this great tablet so far. So I've decided to make a list of all the compatible games so far, and share my experiences and would like to hear yours before I go ahead and download and get disappointed:-(....

[defunct links removed]

All of the current games have been tested on Aurora IIs, and should work with the Fire/Flame units as well, but I've just added a column to the list for you to add which device you have tested it on, if that helps. Feel free to add games to the list if they aren't already there, or add the device and ROM you were using.

Edited by mrsburnout, 14 April 2013 - 11:00 PM.

• mrsburnout likes this

#7 rnakpatel

rnakpatel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

[defunct links removed]
All of the current games have been tested on Aurora IIs, and should work with the Fire/Flame units as well, but I've just added a column to the list for you to add which device you have tested it on, if that helps. Feel free to add games to the list if they aren't already there, or add the device and ROM you were using.

Games which work on the A2 may be laggy on the fire. I wouldn't make that assumption. The A2 has a lower res for the same SoC to work with.

#8 Mr. Splodge

Mr. Splodge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I downloaded mass effect infiltrator on my fire because it was $0.75 last week. Runs like crap. Might try it on the A2 and see how it goes.

#9 Innerleaf

Innerleaf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Games which work on the A2 may be laggy on the fire. I wouldn't make that assumption. The A2 has a lower res for the same SoC to work with.

Sure, that's why I posted should work with the Fire/Flame units, and added a device column to the wiki list. If you want to help, add your observations on games you've tested to the list, and not just the game title. There seem to be issues with some games and some ROMs, so details would be good. Some games that are listed as requiring Tegra 3 seem to work so far, but other games like Horn, which was on the 25c sale last week as well, may require some tweaks to work, and I'm thinking of including a separate list of games that may need tweaks.

I downloaded mass effect infiltrator on my fire because it was $0.75 last week. Runs like crap. Might try it on the A2 and see how it goes.

I bought mass effect during the sale as well, and although I've only had a quick go at it, it seems to run fine on the A2. I'll add a note on the Fire performance - what ROM are you running?

#10 bjornzzz

bjornzzz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Order and Chaos online, bought it for $0.25 on sale. Installed it, rebooted my tablet and now it's stuck on "preparing SD card". Looks like only a reformat would fix this, so DO NOT install the game yet.

#11 Innerleaf

Innerleaf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Order and Chaos online, bought it for $0.25 on sale. Installed it, rebooted my tablet and now it's stuck on "preparing SD card". Looks like only a reformat would fix this, so DO NOT install the game yet.

Did you see this section below the games compatibility list on the wiki? The large data files (>1Gb) usually associated with Gameloft and other large data games are known to cause the File System Check (FSCK) on your internal SD. Firstly try to set the Display to never time out, and let it run through the FSCK until it completes (even if it takes a few hours). Pat's suggestion here: [defunct link removed].

Secondly, users have reported success in avoiding the FSCK on large data file games from formatting the internal SD card to FAT32 64K clusters.

I also had originally had issues with games with large data file downloads usually those >1Gb, which lead to the device looking like it is stuck on "preparing SD Card", but it was actually running the FSCK. In my case, I was a bit impatient, and after waiting for 2 hours and it still didn't finish, so Formatted the Internal SD card to FAT32 64Kb and haven't had the problem since.

Edited by mrsburnout, 14 April 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#12 Mr. Splodge

Mr. Splodge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Sure, that's why I posted should work with the Fire/Flame units, and added a device column to the wiki list. If you want to help, add your observations on games you've tested to the list, and not just the game title. There seem to be issues with some games and some ROMs, so details would be good. Some games that are listed as requiring Tegra 3 seem to work so far, but other games like Horn, which was on the 25c sale last week as well, may require some tweaks to work, and I'm thinking of including a separate list of games that may need tweaks.

I bought mass effect during the sale as well, and although I've only had a quick go at it, it seems to run fine on the A2. I'll add a note on the Fire performance - what ROM are you running?

V15 Flambe.

Sent from my Ainovo Flame (Nexus 7) using Tapatalk 2

#13 playdoe

playdoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

I agree but not all express how good or bad or laggy they've worked. And this can get the gamers out and about!! I play games like crazy. Def big time RPG fan...and big games...
Isolation had many children, and dissolution was but one of them – yet its path was unique, for that path began when identity was left behind....- Malazan Book of the Fallen

#14 playdoe

playdoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

So last night I installed Sims 3...and not the crappy version, there is a version that is actually 3D. So once again everything is white. I can see the outlines of the walls and the actual character is displayed but around his body and house it's all white. I also tried Batman The Dark Knight Rises and it just wouldn't play.. I used to use Chainfire 3D on my Viewsionic GTablet but had mediocre results. Is any one else using Chainfire on the Fire?? LOL ...

By the way has anyone tried Crusade of Destiny? It's a bit on the ok side of graphics but it's a 3D RPG and kinbda fun!

Also I'm a big fan of Minecraft and I've got Blockworld (paid version) and Minebuilder...which run GREAT!! For those of you that don't know Minecraft and the clones (Blockworld and Minebuilder) are 3D block like worlds where you must craft stuff and build a shelter before nightfall when the "monsters" come out and will kill you!!Great excitement...I'm sure the number one phrase for these is "OMG it's getting Dark...hurry!!The have DEMO versions so give it a try!!

Edited by playdoe, 09 October 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#15 playdoe

playdoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

just in case you guys didn't know they give you 15 minutes to get a refund...I know I know...if your like me your trying and retrying!! and 15 minutes flies by!!

#16 playdoe

playdoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Secondly, users have reported success in avoiding the FSCK on large data file games from formatting the internal SD card to FAT32 64K clusters.

I also had originally had issues with games with large data file downloads usually those >1Gb, which lead to the device looking like it is stuck on "preparing SD Card", but it was actually running the FSCK. In my case, I was a bit impatient, and after waiting for 2 hours and it still didn't finish, so Formatted the Internal SD card to FAT32 64Kb and haven't had the problem since.

I fortunately haven't had this problem...I mean Asphalt alone is over a GB..but suggestion is taken. Or maybe I have...my road is still white...

Edited by mrsburnout, 14 April 2013 - 10:58 PM.
link removed from quote

#17 playdoe

playdoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

What rom are you running and if so what's your version of Asphalt 7??

#18 playdoe

playdoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Now heres a good one. What is DS24??? In the game compatability it says DS24?? I just got the fire and immediately flashed to V15...

#19 Innerleaf

Innerleaf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

So last night I installed Sims 3...and not the crappy version, there is a version that is actually 3D. So once again everything is white. I can see the outlines of the walls and the actual character is displayed but around his body and house it's all white. I also tried Batman The Dark Knight Rises and it just wouldn't play.. I used to use Chainfire 3D on my Viewsionic GTablet but had mediocre results. Is any one else using Chainfire on the Fire?? Now heres a good one. What is DS24??? In the game compatability it says DS24 ...

By the way has anyone tried Crusade of Destiny? It's a bit on the ok side of graphics but it's a 3D RPG and kinbda fun!

DS24 is Pat Moss's other ROM for the Aurora II tablet. In the wiki table, under DEVICE column, A2=AuroraII, DS24=Double Stuff V24 ROM.

The list mainly came from users of Aurora II so far, so that's why I've added the column so you can add Fire and the ROM you have tested the game on.

The games in the list are mainly reported as working perfectly. Games not working don't make the list - Batman Dark Knight Rises was also reported not to work on A2 in a thread over there. But some games which have issues for some I have tried to make a note on the list (only 3 so far reported though - Horn, Modern Combat III & Galaxy on Fire).

Over in the Aurora II forums JohnnyBravo is using Chainfire3D to get Galaxy to Fire to work.

PS - I've added your games from your first post to the list so you get an idea of what to do.
PPS - If you think you play alot of games, have a look at this post from bdanyo. I updated the list with his post. He reports all working perfectly on his A2.

EDIT - also, if anyone has tested gamepads with games, using the Fire, please add info to the list or post here. Do xBox360 gamepads work now?

Edited by Innerleaf, 09 October 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#20 valdr

valdr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

I want Dungeon Hunter 2 working for ICS. Tell me which version works with Fire and I'll buy it.

Sent from my Ainol Fire