Pipo Movie M3 issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

#121 BlueAardvark

BlueAardvark

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

any owner can tell me if the USB OTG is working without any mount/unmount app?? thank you

My keyboard mouse and speakers do not require any mounting to work through OTG cable.

#122 Sonic Mule

Sonic Mule

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

I bought my M3 off E bay from E-Digitech and I had a phone call from him yesterday to tell me he has the new firmware and will be sending it to me.
I've had a chance to load it on and have a fully working tablet now, processor changes frequency correctly and the clock is keeping time.
Credit goes to the e bay seller for customer service and I would recommend anyone who is still thinking to buy a Pipo MP3 to check him out.

#123 Sonic Mule

Sonic Mule

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

My keyboard mouse and speakers do not require any mounting to work through OTG cable.

Otg worked fine for me using a USB key

#124 Gis

Gis

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

I bought my M3 off E bay from E-Digitech and I had a phone call from him yesterday to tell me he has the new firmware and will be sending it to me.
I've had a chance to load it on and have a fully working tablet now, processor changes frequency correctly and the clock is keeping time.
Credit goes to the e bay seller for customer service and I would recommend anyone who is still thinking to buy a Pipo MP3 to check him out.

Was put off by Jezzers first review but he seems keen on it again even with its flaws & he does seem like a clued up cookie,
so taking another look at the M3 & the E-digitech seller so can you keep me informed on the new firmware mule , thanks !

#125 leemac

leemac

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I have been speaking with E-Digitech about a Pipo M3 too although I have to say, I am still a little wary of the firmware problem.

How is your M3 speed wise? Reports that I read mentioned that the M3 was sluggish, is this now solved wih this update?

Cheers

#126 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

I have seen the new firmware now and it does fix the issues. :yahoo: Looks like a decent tablet now.

I have a copy of the fw and will upload as soon as I can once home (around 7).

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#127 leemac

leemac

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

I have seen the new firmware now and it does fix the issues. :yahoo: Looks like a decent tablet now.

Jez

Nice one Jez.

I look forward to your findings and opinions. Down to this and M1 now!

Cheers

#128 JJovian

JJovian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Jez, these are awesome news!
Please, test the battery life on this new firmware also.
And, of course, we all here want to see screenshots with different benchmarks.

Please. ;)

#129 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

Please, test the battery life on this new firmware also.

+1 ;)

#130 pirot

pirot

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

I have a Pipo M3, and I also have the firmware update, but I'm falling at the first hurdle.
I hold vol+ and power it up to get into fastboot (I believe, with the android on its back).
But here's where I get stuck - the provided drivers don't work with the unknown device in device manager, and I have tried botching the rockchip.inf file to include the USB ID, but NONE of the provided drivers allow the device to "start" in device manager.
Therefore I can never get the firmware tool to see the tablet. Tried on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 7 32-bit.
Anyone else who flashed their Pipo M3, what exactly did you do get the drivers to work?
Thanks!

#131 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Pirot will explain more later when I am home but don't flash anything yet or you may brick your tablet.

My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#132 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Sorry Pirot just re read your post. To get into flash mode :

Power off tablet & run rockchip batch tool on pc

Holding vol+ press the reset button with a paper clip or similar

Still holding the vol+ key connect the usb cable to the pc

The Rockchip tool box 1 should change to green (if not you are not in flash mode)

More later...
Jez

#133 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

See new thread here --> http://www.slatedroi...nd-mini-review/

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 14 October 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#134 pirot

pirot

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

No worries, I resolved my problem. It's all good.

#135 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Closing this thread now as the new thread now covers the M3.

Beo I have moved your SD card post here.

Jez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users