• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Magnitude

Magnitude

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hi !
I'm wondering about a problem with HDMI while playing a video.
The facts : I plugged my Onda on an AV amplifier with the correct HDMI cable. In general, this kind of equipment is able to pass-through the video part of the HDMI signal, while decoding and amplifying the audio part. All home-theatres are working like that...
In my case, I wanted to listen to the audio part only.

Android recognised the link, and the amplifier also indicated "720p@60 Hz". Everything seamed OK, so I played a video. But how disappointing it was : no sound at all ! I tried many parameters, read the manual (yeah, RTFM !), etc... Nothing at all !!!!!

But I don't have the same problem if I plug my Onda directly on TV.
So, what's the problem ? Cable model, amplifier constructor, HDCP ? Or something else ?

Thanks for your help.

:help:

#2 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Whats your AV amplifier? I have the same problem. Mine is a Pioneer vsx 521. Strangelly enough i did succeeded in playing sound... but only briefly :angry:. I was going nuts and tried multiple movies. The only one that worked properly altough only for a brief moment was an remux mkv of transformers 3, with DD trueHd. The AV detected the sound correctly and everything was working fine untill the tablet rebooted for itself... i was using v 1.4 of MX player pro and FW was v1.2. Honestly i was disappointed with that result and never tried again. Maybe as soon as i update to jelly bean i can give it another try.

Sent from my Onda Vi30D

#3 Magnitude

Magnitude

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Thanks for your reply ! Your experience with a Pioneer is useful.

My amplifier is a Yamaha RX-V667. But I don't blame it.

Fortunately, I tested my VI30 Dual-Core with a direct HDMI connection on professional installation. 8)
- no problem with a Sony monitor. 720p, 1080p and sound are working greatly !
- failure with a Kramer scaler. The scaler and the tablet are desperately trying to find each other a correct format. They both swap between 720p and 1080p, even when I tried to force it on one side.

So, I think our amplifiers are too automated... The only solution should be a firmware revision to reduce this stupid auto-negotiation between the equipments. :(

Magnitude

#4 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Finally worked out the JB upgrade. During this week i'll do another run of tests.

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

#5 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Updating: tryied 3 different players, stock, media player and mx player pro. V 1.7.3. None of these worked. Not even a slight sound (on my 1st run transformers 3 worked with truehd) i'll try to use a different codec on mxplayer and report back. Realy dissapointed :'( flawless video recognition and no video stuttering in vh framerate movies

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2

Edited by LastFrontier, 29 November 2012 - 05:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users