• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Although there is the same info under the ROCK X topic but I wanted to create a new topic so that Every one can see it and have the info..

A newly purchased Hyundai-Digital production 8 inch Rock X tablet has got DIGITIZER failure with no reason after two weeks use..

Manufacturer Hyundai-Digital and AE seller SXV has no reply to my emails.

Plus, this is not the only case there are some others too..

#2 Risky The Dwarf

Risky The Dwarf

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

If you don't fancy yourself spending good $ returning that POS to its point of origin, you might consider cracking it open and seeing what's what.

I did just that with my Hyundai S800 which had flaky digitizer issues and found the whole tablet was held together with "Scotch" tape (really!). The digitizer was attached to the main board by a weak flip up connector and this may be your problem. My problem turned out to be a wire mesh grounding strap touching mainboard components.

Tip: I used a large 4" suction cup to remove the back of the tablet. It was actually my old grammy's shower handhold which attaches to the shower wall with 2 suction cups. The handle afforded me some leverage and the snap-on back of the tablet came off with ease. If you don't have an old grammy, you might consider purchasing a single suction cup handle from Harbor Freight. I saw them there for about $3.

#3 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

If you don't fancy yourself spending good $ returning that POS to its point of origin, you might consider cracking it open and seeing what's what.

I did just that with my Hyundai S800 which had flaky digitizer issues and found the whole tablet was held together with "Scotch" tape (really!). The digitizer was attached to the main board by a weak flip up connector and this may be your problem. My problem turned out to be a wire mesh grounding strap touching mainboard components.

Tip: I used a large 4" suction cup to remove the back of the tablet. It was actually my old grammy's shower handhold which attaches to the shower wall with 2 suction cups. The handle afforded me some leverage and the snap-on back of the tablet came off with ease. If you don't have an old grammy, you might consider purchasing a single suction cup handle from Harbor Freight. I saw them there for about $3.

Thanks for your suggestion..
I did not find out how to open..
Open back cover first or open from screen side first..
There are some videos on internet for other brands but I do not know yet how to start..

#4 Risky The Dwarf

Risky The Dwarf

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Posted Image

Here's a pic of the back of the Rock X. It looks a lot like my S800. I found the best way to pop off the plastic back on my unit is to start lifting from the end that is opposite the end with all the ports. The plastic cover is held on by hooks that engage with tabs that are on the main body. This is true for all sides except for the end with the ports. On that end, the back cover has tabs that slide into rectangular holes in the main body. The idea is to lift the back cover up, starting from the one end until only the port side is still engaged and then slide the back away from the port side. The back will then lift free. This is how it is with my Hyundai S800.

#5 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Thanks...

Edited by sas_sas, 10 October 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#6 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

can you upload the firmware rock x 4.1 to mediafire i couldn't find it
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#7 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

can you upload the firmware rock x 4.1 to mediafire i couldn't find it

here;
http://www.slatedroi...an/page__st__40

at post #41

the link works fine.. otherwise I can upload in parts to Mediafire later..

Ths again..

Edited by sas_sas, 11 October 2012 - 02:40 AM.

#8 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

do you had touchscreen issue on ICS 4.0 on your rock x before 4.1 and asoon you flashed to Jellybean no touchscreen even if you return back again to ICS still no touchscreen?
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#9 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

do you had touchscreen issue on ICS 4.0 on your rock x before 4.1 and asoon you flashed to Jellybean no touchscreen even if you return back again to ICS still no touchscreen?

When I was using w/ v4.0.4 I did not have any trouble..

The failure happened one week use after I upgraded to v4.1.
The version 4.1 I gave the link here is the latest one meaning later than the one I upgraded. Upon I had the touch failure Then I tried the latest version of 4.1 but it is also useless..

One thing I could not test that is the oldest I mean, how it came with, its first v4.0.4 due to I could not find.
I must add that one of the forum mate "_df_" here brought up the dumped 4.0.4 but when I flashed my tablet with it as described it turned out half bricked. The Successful flashing was not possible from dumped 4.0.4.
Here it is at post #71;

http://www.slatedroi...an/page__st__60

Maybe the kernels were different.. No idea why I did not manage w/ dumped stock FW.. It might be pretty useful to try out with its the first stock FW but not avail. as I said dumped one did not help..

Now you know all the stories..
I just wonder How to differ if it is a matter of software or hardware ?
The mates here suggested me to open up the tablet and to verify the connection. This will be my the last option after I am sure it is not because of software..

Looking forward hearing your proposal..

Added;

I have just happily seen v4.0.4 link given forum mates.
I will install it and tell the result in a couple of hours..

Result;
Not working at all, not booting..
it boots only with the latest v4.1 and same, no touch function..

Edited by sas_sas, 12 October 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#10 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Make sure you have do a fresh install 4.1 via rk batch tool click restore button and that it load up before testing this..

think maybe if we could found the boot&kernel.img for the 4.0.4 may get fix but since the dump you found doesnt have it but let try installing FINELSS Clockwork revovery here it say is for u20gt but just replace the parameter from your the rockx ics4.0.4 dump you found.
then download my custom rom is zip no need to extrack it just download it and save on microsd cardGenerickMODit still ics just testing this will install via finless clock work ithink to boot on the rock x is powering off and press and hold -volume and 6sec the power button and release just power.

on the recovery do this
wipe /data fatory reset
(mount and storage) formt /system
install from zip sdcard and flash generick mod it will look like it is stuck but let it stay it will finish then reboot maybe it will boot may be not i will upload soon a 4.1 from cube so you to try

Edit.1 try this rom is 4.1 custom rom for the cube tablet but and install via clockwork mod test it also the same way remember to format /system so you dont get roms mixed and get loop boot
Edit.2.Here i made a ROCK X 4.0.4 CWM.zip flash the same way. GOOD LUCK

Edited by darkrickpr, 12 October 2012 - 09:00 AM.

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#11 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Make sure you have do a fresh install 4.1 via rk batch tool click restore button and that it load up before testing this..

think maybe if we could found the boot&kernel.img for the 4.0.4 may get fix but since the dump you found doesnt have it but let try installing FINELSS Clockwork revovery here it say is for u20gt but just replace the parameter from your the rockx ics4.0.4 dump you found.
then download my custom rom is zip no need to extrack it just download it and save on microsd cardGenerickMODit still ics just testing this will install via finless clock work ithink to boot on the rock x is powering off and press and hold -volume and 6sec the power button and release just power.

on the recovery do this
wipe /data fatory reset
(mount and storage) formt /system
install from zip sdcard and flash generick mod it will look like it is stuck but let it stay it will finish then reboot maybe it will boot may be not i will upload soon a 4.1 from cube so you to try

Edit.1 try this rom is 4.1 custom rom for the cube tablet but and install via clockwork mod test it also the same way remember to format /system so you dont get roms mixed and get loop boot
Edit.2.Here i made a ROCK X 4.0.4 CWM.zip flash the same way. GOOD LUCK

At First, Thank you very much..
Unfortunately, I could not install of CWM recovery.
I installed it w/ my parameter file but The tablet is never booting.
That means not the correct recovery image..
In the past I tried w/ several CWM recovery images same way it was the same result.

I think flashing zip rom w/o CWM is not possible..
What next?

#12 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

1.NOT EVEN IF YOU REFLASH IT BACK TO STOCK 4.1 VIA RK BATCHTOOL DOENT WORK ?
2.DOES IT SHOW THE FIRST LOGO WHEN YOU POWER IT ON?

It supost that when you install clockwork mod flash you should click and check make on list

parameter(get it from rock x 4.0.4 dump)
misc
recover.img

All 3 file should be flashed and as soon i does fishish flashing the tablet should reboot and get straigt to clockworkmod recovery even if your rock x was not booting to android in the first-place.

Edited by darkrickpr, 12 October 2012 - 11:56 AM.

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#13 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

1.NOT EVEN IF YOU REFLASH IT BACK TO STOCK 4.1 VIA RK BATCHTOOL DOENT WORK ?
2.DOES IT SHOW THE FIRST LOGO WHEN YOU POWER IT ON?

It supost that when you install clockwork mod flash you should click and check make on list

parameter(get it from rock x 4.0.4 dump)
misc
recover.img

All 3 file should be flashed and as soon i does fishish flashing the tablet should reboot and get straigt to clockworkmod recovery even if your rock x was not booting to android in the first-place.

I have only one FW works in my tablet which is the latest (27 sep) v4.1 but it is without touch.
Whenever I remain semi-bricked meaning unbooted up after all those experiments I go and re-flash with it and able boot up the tablet.
All other previous FWs, blocks the tablet when flashed. I have repeated the flashing procedure many times with all three factory FWs even tho one mate here gave me yesterday another one (its link below) this also blocked the tablet.
Here it is at post #118
http://www.slatedroi...658#entry439658

When I mention it is blocked it means no screen is opening even logo, stands still.. Fully Black screen. No sound etc about opening. I can not say if turns on or not turns on. NO sign at all.

As for CWM instalation, I have tried it (even in the past before touch failure) with many alternative recovery images as you said all three (parameter, misc. recovery.img) are ticked. The parameter file is extracted by wendal tool from the first FW v4.0.4 and replaced inside the Finless RKAndroidtool v1.35 +recovery img you gave yesterday.

I use RKBatchtool exe v1.5 while flashing FW update.img files.

I wonder why we can not find or extract the first stock kernel and include to CWM installation..

Finally if I make clear, After all three file is flashed and completed, it never boots even recovery mod. I try to turn on nothing is displayed, black screen....
During all those flashing procedure I do not see any error notification, seems all goes fine..

What could be the problem? wrong parameter file or, Wrong recovery img file?

Edited by sas_sas, 13 October 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#14 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

Ok another idea :)
When you flash the only 4.1 firmware thats boot fine but no touchscreen does you see if it gets to the stock recovery yellow words before loading u like doing wipe data cache sdcard?

if it yes try extracking that firmware with wendal and just replace the stock recovery.img with the cwm recovery erase the idb and reflash all the files

Sent from my HTC VIVID using Tapatalk 2
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#15 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

Yes I see.
it writes as soon as flashing finish before the tablet reseting or booting.
It is I think v4.1 or like this...

You say;
"extracking that firmware with wendal and just replace the stock recovery.img with the cwm recovery erase the idb and reflash all the files"
need a little explanation, forgive me..

- extract the working FW with wendal is okay understood.,
made it;
this time other then parameter all files (boot, system, recovery, misc) appeared under one folder name 'image'

- replace the stock recovery img with the CWM recovery
pls explain which one stock? which one CWM recovery ?

- erase the idb / not clear for me/ I can not see this, what is 'idb'?

- reflash all the files..
flash means Finless CWM flashing with RKAndroidtool v1.35 ? if so, do I need to replace CWM recovery img inside Finless CWM with the one extracted from wendal?
And place again parameter file, misc file, meaning place all three extracted from wendal
- misc
- parameter
- CWM
Flash it by RKAndroidtool.

last thing ? erasing idb ??
Ths again.
awating you..

Edited by sas_sas, 13 October 2012 - 07:33 AM.

#16 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Send me exacly the link of the firmware that work for you and no touchscreen so i will mod it

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#17 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Send me exacly the link of the firmware that work for you and no touchscreen so i will mod it

Here it is;

http://www.hyundai-d...p?Meter=1&ID=72

if it does not reach at there pls go below link at post #41 there is the same..

http://www.slatedroi...an/page__st__40

Edited by sas_sas, 13 October 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#18 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

hey @sas_sas

i found out that the ROCK X 4.1 firmware image doesn't have kernel.img inside when extract with wendal thats maybe the problem where it doesnt boot sometime and no touchscreen i dont think is hardware. anyway i have made the mod just with out system.img DOWNLOAD IT HERE.
the last idea i have if to find another firmware but from the HYUNDAI HOLD X 7" that maybe have to be the same hardware and could try and use the boot & kernel.img from it if i has one.
Posted Image

Edited by darkrickpr, 13 October 2012 - 09:48 AM.

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#19 sas_sas

sas_sas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

hey @sas_sas

i found out that the ROCK X 4.1 firmware image doesn't have kernel.img inside when extract with wendal thats maybe the problem where it doesnt boot sometime and no touchscreen i dont think is hardware. anyway i have made the mod just with out system.img DOWNLOAD IT HERE.
the last idea i have if to find another firmware but from the HYUNDAI HOLD X 7" that maybe have to be the same hardware and could try and use the boot & kernel.img from it if i has one.
Posted Image

Ths one more..
Downloaded and flashed as the way you said..
It did not help.

Ticked all four and flashed but it is blocked, not turned on.
Flashed back working 4.1 image, tried all three ticked, again the same, it is blocked not turned on. Fully black screen.
In no way turns on.

The result, CWM can not be installed from the last prepared..

#20 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

try again flashing the clock but before flashing click the ERASE NAND (IDB)
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE