2281 replies to this topic

#1601 vdings

vdings

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

what s your native tongue?

English. Canada is bilingual so the French I speak is rusty but passable. I am learning spanish because I have been learning/competing in latin dancing.

My grandmother is from Germany. I dont speak any german.

Edited by vdings, 13 February 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#1602 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • LocationGermany, at my WindowN90fhd 32GB

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

English. Canada is bilingual so the French I speak is rusty but passable. I am learning spanish because I have been learning/competing in latin dancing.

My grandmother is from Germany. I dont speak any german.

So "Viele herzliche Grüße!" to your Granny!
I remember now, that we talked about your contest a few pages ago :) Good luck!

#1603 YuandaoNorway1

YuandaoNorway1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hello everybody. Perhaps you have discussed this already, but it seems that no matter which version I use the wallpaper is not set correctly. Can I change this?
Thank you:-)

#1604 vdings

vdings

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I learnt kaka (not sure of the spelling but that was what i heard) from her.

Edited by vdings, 13 February 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#1605 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

I learnt kaka (not sure of the spelling but that was what i heard) from her.

That's not much, but one very important word at least :p
It s rude for s h i t and spelled "Kacke" (the c is silent). In babies language, it might be "Ka-Ka", which is the opposit of "Pi-Pi" or Pippi, which i do not have to explain ;o)
Adult would rather say (americanized) "Schitt!" or more polite "Mist" (which is a cow's residue). But most common, but also rude is the well known "Scheisse!" :) :) :)
Better words for starters are: "Guten Tag!" (Gootain Taahk), "Hallo!" und "Wie geht es?" (Wee gait a s s ?) :D

Edited by mcschweg, 13 February 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#1606 vdings

vdings

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yes, I learnt that as a baby when I stayed over at my nanas place.
She was a war bride. There were many like her, she has a group of friends from germany.
At the time, Canadians were not welcoming of German war brides, as you can imagine.
So she did her best to learn English, and only spoke english to her children. So german died out.

Edited by vdings, 13 February 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#1607 vdings

vdings

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Do you think we will see new firmwares being released by manufacturers?

Some one should tell them about Generick

#1608 Thoemse

Thoemse

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Holy mother of derailed thread!
Or should i say "entgleist". :clapping:

I have seen threads derailing before but never before i saw it happening with a *oops discussion. :p

Not being serious btw - keep it going - it's entertaining.

#1609 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Join our club, thoems!

--------
i hope, you chinese guys read this thread along and cach up with ricks generick development!

#1610 Fusion+

Fusion+

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I don't know if this covers everything cif-related but (like Max) I use a Samba app...."Samba FileSharing" (FunkyFresh). Does wonders. Make sure your external sd (if any) is NOT Ntfs but Fat/Fat32.

I would suggest to download Samba from Google PLAY to your tablet.

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Fusion+, 13 February 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#1611 Fusion+

Fusion+

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hi everyone, I have been catching up, reading everything updated. I intend to do a cwm update (based on McSchweg's tutorial)but I am now wondering if...

1. I should go for Generick version 6 OR
2. use the latest v7 Beta OR
3. wait for a final(?) v7.

Which option would you advise?

Thanks
Hans

Edited by Fusion+, 13 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#1612 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

latest gv7t4 and then you might flash the final over it with no problems when it arrives. :-) :-D

#1613 Fusion+

Fusion+

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Ok, thanks, will do!

latest gv7t4 and then you might flash the final over it with no problems when it arrives. :-) :-D

#1614 Fusion+

Fusion+

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hi MC,

One more question...

I notice you recommend using the Danerick Beta 1a. I have a Visture 4 HD and the Beta 4a seems reasonably stable to me. Is your recommendation also linked to the other parts of the setup, e.g. thinking of the CWM part? Could I use Beta 4a just the same or do you stick to the Beta 1a (which is Chuwi-based)?

Thanks again
Hans

Edited by Fusion+, 13 February 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#1615 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Hi MC,

One more question...

I notice you recommend using the Danerick Beta 1a. I have a Visture 4 HD and the Beta 4a seems reasonably stable to me. Is your recommendation also linked to the other parts of the setup, e.g. thinking of the CWM part? Could I use Beta 4a just the same or do you stick to the Beta 1a (which is Chuwi-based)?

Thanks again
Hans

Na, i have to change that and say, it is OK to chose, whatever you like, i guess. I have not noticed any differences between the base system installation.
Just, that the Welcoming screen is a different one (Eye vs penguin i.e.).

#1616 pixellegolas

pixellegolas

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

In romtools you can choose new bootanimations and I found the marvel was really cool, though a bit small. Maybe I should create one for retina size so I finally can contribute :) I was thinking of doing a boot where it says retina something and use "chromatic abberation" as an effect. Can look really nice

#1617 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

In romtools you can choose new bootanimations and I found the marvel was really cool, though a bit small. Maybe I should create one for retina size so I finally can contribute :) I was thinking of doing a boot where it says retina something and use "chromatic abberation" as an effect. Can look really nice

I was (of course) not talking about the BootAnimations, but the welcoming graphic befor the bootanimation. They depend on the boot.img (i guess) and are not changable by romtools.

#1618 pixellegolas

pixellegolas

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

ah, sorry about that. Yeah I remember the eye and that was pretty slick

#1619 PumaT

PumaT

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Do you think we will see new firmwares being released by manufacturers?

Some one should tell them about Generick

I am also curious about this. The folks on here (darkrickpr, mcschweg, Rara Avis, et al) have, and are doing, incredible stuff. But, I have got to believe the manufacturers are aware of the problems with their issued firmware. As a neophyte, it would seem to me that they would “fix” the big issues (memory leak, incompatibilities with Play Store, slow down on HD mode, etc.) in a reasonable amount of time. Have they not done this historically? Or, is this not something to expect from the Yaundao’s, Chuwi’s, Cube’s, etc.)?

Edited by PumaT, 14 February 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#1620 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

I am also curious about this. The folks on here (darkrickpr, mcschweg, Rara Avis, et al) have, and are doing, incredible stuff. But, I have got to believe the manufacturers are aware of the problems with their issued firmware. As a neophyte, it would seem to me that they would “fix” the big issues (memory leak, incompatibilities with Play Store, slow down on HD mode, etc.) in a reasonable amount of time. Have they not done this historically? Or, is this not something to expect from the Yaundao’s, Chuwi’s, Cube’s, etc.)?

what i have seen is that there releasing now the same tablet retina rk3066 but with 2gb of ram unsure if the memory leak is till on does firmware but maybe is. We have seen that the problem of the memory leak is not the kernel.img and just on the driver or libs and proof that applying more ram to the board wont help just will give you more time until it fill up and need to reboot.
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: [ROM]DANERICK CHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

By Rara Avis in Rara Avis' Blog, on 21 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Source: [ROM]DANERICK CHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

Read Full Entry →
Photo

Step by Step Tutorial: How to flash a Rom via RKAndroidTool and CWM on RK3066 Retina Tablet

By mcschweg in mcschweg's Blog, on 27 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

OK, i made this step by step tutorial for noobs. Please take it and make it better!

From step 15 onwards, it is about flashing via CWM.

Before you flash:

Safe everything, that you might want to keep off the tablets memory onto your micro SD-card i.e.. The Memory of the tablet will be totally erased during flashing. Again: There is no "safe space" inside the RAM of the tablet. Everything will be erased.

Flash at your own risk. No one else but you is responsible for any damage that might occur.

Step 1: Download

Drivers: (erase .txt from filename)

RKAndroidTool 1.35 (RKAT): (erase .txt from filename)

Custom ROM: Danerick Beta 1a highly recommended (because it has the most beautiful bootsequence)

parameter2gb-file: (erase .txt from filename)

CWM-Recovery: (erase .txt from filename)

CWM-flaschable custom ROM: Generick Mod V6 highly recommended (just hit "DOWNLOAD" and proceed to mediafire)

TerminalEmulator.apk: (erase .txt from filename)

Step 2: Unzip and install Drivers on your PC.

Step 3: Unzip folder RKAndroidTool 1.35 (RKAT) on your PC.

Step 4: Start RKAT on PC and point it to the files of the custom ROM. Follow this sceme:

http://s20.postimage...8cip9/RKAT1.jpg

Use the "Parameter2gb" (see attachement!) file instead of the original file (recommendet) to gain 2GB for installing apps instead of only 1GB.

Step 5: Switch the tablet completely off. If charger cable is plugged in, unplug it.

Step 6: Connect tablet to the PC via USB-cable.

Step 7: Hold button on the side of the tablet down that says "VOL +".

Step 8: While holding "VOL +" hold also down the Power Button.

Step 9: While holding the two buttons down, insert the charger-cable-plug into the charger hole of the tablet.

Step10: Watch the RKAT-window on your PC-screen, until the message on the bottom turns from "No Found RKAndroid rock usb" to "Found RKAndroid rock usb".

Step11: Release both buttons. You are now in flash mode of the tablet.

Step12: Click on the button in the RKAT-Window that says "Erase NAND(IDB)". See the count in the status-window goes all the way through.

Step13: When successfully erased NAND, click button "Flash ROM" and see the count in the status-window goes all the way through.

Step14: Congrats, you have flashed the custom Rom and CWM-recovery via several imgs with RKAT. If you don not need to flash a CWM-custom-ROM, you can start using your tablet now.

Step15: If you want to flash a CWM-custom-ROM with CWM now, you have to start your tablet now by pressing 4-5 long secs on the power button until you see a boot-picture.

Step16: When booted completely, do not install anything, not even your gmail-account, because all those input will get lost while flashing the CWM-custom-rom. Go to Settings, Display and switch to HD-mode (so you can enjoy HD mode after CWM-flashing CWM-custom-ROM). Proceed with rebooting the device when asked.

Step17: On your PC or tablet: Mount a micro-SD-card and put CWM-flashable ROM (.zip) and TerminalEmulator.apk on micro-SD-card.

Step18: Insert the micro-SD-card with the files from step 16 into the tablet.

Step19: After the tablet bootetd completely again, find the TerminalEmulator.apk on your micro-SD-card via a file browser on your tablet. install it.

Step20: Re-asure, that the system is rooted by launching eiter the app "SuperSU" or "Superuser" on your tablet and achieve Superuser-rights on the tablet.

Step21: Launch the app "TermainalEmulator" and type "su" followed by pressing the return key or enter. If a line appears, that the command is not possible, something with the superuser-rights is not OK.

Step22: If everything before went well, a window "Superuser" or "SuperSU" will appear. Grant the Superuser functionality by hitting "OK" or "Grant".

Step23: Still in TermainalEmulator, type "reboot recovery". The tablet will immediately shut down and restart in CWM-recovery-mode. That looks weired, but it serves it's purpose.

Step24: In CWM-recovery, press "Vol +" several times until you land on "install zip". Press the power button one time.

Step25: Press "Vol +" several times until you land on "install zip from ext.SD". Press the power button one time.

Step26: Press "Vol +" several times until you land on the CWM-zip-file, that you want to flash. Press the power button one time.

Step27: In the same way, you chose in Step25 and Step26, do the so calles "three wipes": "wipe data/factory reset", then "wipe cache partition", then "advanced", "wipe davlik cache".

Step28: In the same way, you chose in Step25 to Step27, go back and chose "reboot system now".

Step29: Maybe you have to format the internal SD-RAM by going to settings,memory,mount SD-card,format,OK.

Step30: Your system is now ready for further modifications. Enjoy.

This tut is under heavy development... i will continue to add pics and notes. Please comment and help me complete it.

Alle Attachements: see original post:

Source: [ROM]DANERICK CHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users