• Please log in to reply
2290 replies to this topic

#41 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I also think it is a great tablet. But i have noticed if it is connected to the acdc device, the display will not react correct on touching, means if i press anywhere it recognizes mulitple touches and so it cannot be used since charging.
First i thought it was a failure so i resetted the device 3 times to original state, but than i saw it happens only while charging.
(Sorry for my english, it is not very good!).
Can anyone confirm this?
Thank you.

Yes, the same here. I think it is a software problem, maybe an update could correct this or maybe someone with the apropriate knowledge can make a custom rom.
How do you reset the device?

Edited by mml78, 08 November 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#42 xham

xham

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Doest it really have retina display

Sent from Galaxy Note II using Tapa talk 2

#43 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

I also think it is a great tablet. But i have noticed if it is connected to the acdc device, the display will not react correct on touching, means if i press anywhere it recognizes mulitple touches and so it cannot be used since charging.
First i thought it was a failure so i resetted the device 3 times to original state, but than i saw it happens only while charging.
(Sorry for my english, it is not very good!).
Can anyone confirm this?
Thank you.

does the dc adapter has the magnetic shield on the cable?
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#44 buzzbuzz68

buzzbuzz68

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Doest it really have retina display

Sent from Galaxy Note II using Tapa talk 2

Yes, it does. It has the same display as the iPad 3/4, only these are the 2nd choice screens that where not good enough for Apple. The OS allows you to use is on 2048x1536 (HD-mode) or 1600x1200 (SD-mode).

#45 spk66

spk66

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Yes, it is a good question, i would love to know how to do that.

In the option menu is a point to restore to original state, that i have done!
The Chuwi will restart an show an "working Android" and restart with the same options and programs as on arrival.

#46 spk66

spk66

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

does the dc adapter has the magnetic shield on the cable?

It is only a thin cable, so i think there is no magnetic shield.

#47 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

It is only a thin cable, so i think there is no magnetic shield.

Do not know if it is related to the cable. When the battery reaches 100% the problem stops and you can use your tablet normaly, even if the cable remains connected.

#48 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yes the touch screen problem could be the cheap DC adapter they maybe using cause by a bad grounding and that why I was asking if It had a magnetic shield that protect no static interference frecuency gets to the device.

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#49 decayed.cell

decayed.cell

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Thanks darkrickpr, now i have a chuwi v99 fully rooted. Took some time to understand the program but it worked very well. SuperSu is working fine.
Thanks

When I use that and reboot the device it gets stuck. Running the 11-01 update

#50 spk66

spk66

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Can you please upload the firmware update to any hoster, i try to download it from the chinese site and the download is very slow and stops anytime.
Thank you.

#51 decayed.cell

decayed.cell

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Can you please upload the firmware update to any hoster, i try to download it from the chinese site and the download is very slow and stops anytime.
Thank you.

http://www.multiupload.nl/WAK72ORKYO

#52 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for this. Do not know about this update until now. What is the changelog?

#53 spk66

spk66

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

THANK YOU!!!!

#54 decayed.cell

decayed.cell

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for this. Do not know about this update until now. What is the changelog?

Theres no changelog. Here's the link on the Chuwi forum for the download: http://bbs.chuwi.com...72&extra=page=1

#55 kethan

kethan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Battery life?

Any known flaws??

#56 spk66

spk66

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

Thanks darkrickpr, now i have a chuwi v99 fully rooted. Took some time to understand the program but it worked very well. SuperSu is working fine.
Thanks

I am a step further now but got new problems.
I am running windows 8 and the driver are not working, so i installed win 7 in a VM, accessed Chuwi V99 and got it rooted (says the chinese program).
But when i install e.g. Titanium Backup it pops up that the device is not rooted!
Furthermore the RKBatch Tool does not recognize any device, so i cannot install new firmware.
--------------------------------- Edit-------------------------------------------------------
I do not know how but the device is now rooted, could make backups using Titanium Backup.
But the problem with RKBatch exists.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, RKBatch in version 1.5 worked for me, now i have the update and again a rooted tablet.

Edited by spk66, 12 November 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#57 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

I am a step further now but got new problems.
I am running windows 8 and the driver are not working, so i installed win 7 in a VM, accessed Chuwi V99 and got it rooted (says the chinese program).
But when i install e.g. Titanium Backup it pops up that the device is not rooted!
Furthermore the RKBatch Tool does not recognize any device, so i cannot install new firmware.
--------------------------------- Edit-------------------------------------------------------
I do not know how but the device is now rooted, could make backups using Titanium Backup.
But the problem with RKBatch exists.

Download another version of RKBatch Tool. ex: 1.5 version. It worked for me.

#58 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

Everything is working fine here. The only problem is the play store - the previous version had a lot more results. I'm now trying edit the build.prop file or instal a modded play store...I do not know where to start ...

#59 spk66

spk66

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Everything is working fine here. The only problem is the play store - the previous version had a lot more results. I'm now trying edit the build.prop file or instal a modded play store...I do not know where to start ...

Same problem is here; before the firmware update i could install wi-drive app from Play Store, now there is only crap.
i will also try to modify the build.prop, hope it works.

#60 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Same problem is here; before the firmware update i could install wi-drive app from Play Store, now there is only crap.
i will also try to modify the build.prop, hope it works.

If it works for you, let me know how you do it.
Is there anyone who can provide an original buid.prop file?, would be good to compare the both files.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: [ROM]DANERICK CHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

By Rara Avis in Rara Avis' Blog, on 21 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Source: [ROM]DANERICK CHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

Read Full Entry →
Photo

Step by Step Tutorial: How to flash a Rom via RKAndroidTool and CWM on RK3066 Retina Tablet

By mcschweg in mcschweg's Blog, on 27 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

OK, i made this step by step tutorial for noobs. Please take it and make it better!

From step 15 onwards, it is about flashing via CWM.

Before you flash:

Safe everything, that you might want to keep off the tablets memory onto your micro SD-card i.e.. The Memory of the tablet will be totally erased during flashing. Again: There is no "safe space" inside the RAM of the tablet. Everything will be erased.

Flash at your own risk. No one else but you is responsible for any damage that might occur.

Step 1: Download

Drivers: (erase .txt from filename)

RKAndroidTool 1.35 (RKAT): (erase .txt from filename)

Custom ROM: Danerick Beta 1a highly recommended (because it has the most beautiful bootsequence)

parameter2gb-file: (erase .txt from filename)

CWM-Recovery: (erase .txt from filename)

CWM-flaschable custom ROM: Generick Mod V6 highly recommended (just hit "DOWNLOAD" and proceed to mediafire)

TerminalEmulator.apk: (erase .txt from filename)

Step 2: Unzip and install Drivers on your PC.

Step 3: Unzip folder RKAndroidTool 1.35 (RKAT) on your PC.

Step 4: Start RKAT on PC and point it to the files of the custom ROM. Follow this sceme:

http://s20.postimage...8cip9/RKAT1.jpg

Use the "Parameter2gb" (see attachement!) file instead of the original file (recommendet) to gain 2GB for installing apps instead of only 1GB.

Step 5: Switch the tablet completely off. If charger cable is plugged in, unplug it.

Step 6: Connect tablet to the PC via USB-cable.

Step 7: Hold button on the side of the tablet down that says "VOL +".

Step 8: While holding "VOL +" hold also down the Power Button.

Step 9: While holding the two buttons down, insert the charger-cable-plug into the charger hole of the tablet.

Step10: Watch the RKAT-window on your PC-screen, until the message on the bottom turns from "No Found RKAndroid rock usb" to "Found RKAndroid rock usb".

Step11: Release both buttons. You are now in flash mode of the tablet.

Step12: Click on the button in the RKAT-Window that says "Erase NAND(IDB)". See the count in the status-window goes all the way through.

Step13: When successfully erased NAND, click button "Flash ROM" and see the count in the status-window goes all the way through.

Step14: Congrats, you have flashed the custom Rom and CWM-recovery via several imgs with RKAT. If you don not need to flash a CWM-custom-ROM, you can start using your tablet now.

Step15: If you want to flash a CWM-custom-ROM with CWM now, you have to start your tablet now by pressing 4-5 long secs on the power button until you see a boot-picture.

Step16: When booted completely, do not install anything, not even your gmail-account, because all those input will get lost while flashing the CWM-custom-rom. Go to Settings, Display and switch to HD-mode (so you can enjoy HD mode after CWM-flashing CWM-custom-ROM). Proceed with rebooting the device when asked.

Step17: On your PC or tablet: Mount a micro-SD-card and put CWM-flashable ROM (.zip) and TerminalEmulator.apk on micro-SD-card.

Step18: Insert the micro-SD-card with the files from step 16 into the tablet.

Step19: After the tablet bootetd completely again, find the TerminalEmulator.apk on your micro-SD-card via a file browser on your tablet. install it.

Step20: Re-asure, that the system is rooted by launching eiter the app "SuperSU" or "Superuser" on your tablet and achieve Superuser-rights on the tablet.

Step21: Launch the app "TermainalEmulator" and type "su" followed by pressing the return key or enter. If a line appears, that the command is not possible, something with the superuser-rights is not OK.

Step22: If everything before went well, a window "Superuser" or "SuperSU" will appear. Grant the Superuser functionality by hitting "OK" or "Grant".

Step23: Still in TermainalEmulator, type "reboot recovery". The tablet will immediately shut down and restart in CWM-recovery-mode. That looks weired, but it serves it's purpose.

Step24: In CWM-recovery, press "Vol +" several times until you land on "install zip". Press the power button one time.

Step25: Press "Vol +" several times until you land on "install zip from ext.SD". Press the power button one time.

Step26: Press "Vol +" several times until you land on the CWM-zip-file, that you want to flash. Press the power button one time.

Step27: In the same way, you chose in Step25 and Step26, do the so calles "three wipes": "wipe data/factory reset", then "wipe cache partition", then "advanced", "wipe davlik cache".

Step28: In the same way, you chose in Step25 to Step27, go back and chose "reboot system now".

Step29: Maybe you have to format the internal SD-RAM by going to settings,memory,mount SD-card,format,OK.

Step30: Your system is now ready for further modifications. Enjoy.

This tut is under heavy development... i will continue to add pics and notes. Please comment and help me complete it.

Alle Attachements: see original post:

Source: [ROM]DANERICK CHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

Read Full Entry →