• Please log in to reply
2290 replies to this topic

#21 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for the information direct from in4dealz darkrickpr. I guess we won't know for sure until someone has one in their hands! Unless they do a YouTube video. I am tempted myself. ;)

Jez (aka Jezzer)
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#22 ivaa

ivaa

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

afaik, there is no hdmi port. the specs of the tablet I've ordered include only
1*DC In
1*Earphone
1*TF card slot
1*USB2.0(host,one )

I also got a version with 32GB internal storage.

#23 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

In the las few weeks I have read many descriptions about this tablet, many of them from sellers in china or Hong Kong. I was however with many doubts, but still decided to take a risk and bought one. I received it this morning. I can confirm that has no HDMI port. The retina display is fantastic. The overall operation is positive but need more time to continue testing. The build quality is truly impressive (it is metal, not plastic).
Now i just need some instructions how to root (if anyone wants to help me ... :)
If you want to know more just ask.

#24 Mazarin07

Mazarin07

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

In the las few weeks I have read many descriptions about this tablet, many of them from sellers in china or Hong Kong. I was however with many doubts, but still decided to take a risk and bought one. I received it this morning. I can confirm that has no HDMI port. The retina display is fantastic. The overall operation is positive but need more time to continue testing. The build quality is truly impressive (it is metal, not plastic).
Now i just need some instructions how to root (if anyone wants to help me ... :)
If you want to know more just ask.

How much have you paid and where have you bought it?
Best regards: Mazarin07
Ainol Novo 7 Fire
Want to update your firmware? (Instructions here.) First of all: make a backup of your stock firmware, and write down its version name/number (QM or TM?).
AML Flash tool user guide. (Not enough? Click here.)
Here is how to check your system details. Modify the language settings, if you have Chinese after the update.

#25 ivaa

ivaa

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

This guy claims that those instructions should work for any RK3066 tablet:
http://www.cnx-softw...rk3066-mini-pc/

My own Retina tablet has arrived to my home already, but I am away from my home myself and will not be able to test it soon.

Edited by ivaa, 02 November 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#26 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

How much have you paid and where have you bought it?

Bought mine to someone in ###########. Paid £235.00 and i did not paid any custom taxes, so in the end i think it was a fair price, especially for the quality of this tablet. I'm really happy with it. And it was delivered in just 3 days!!

#27 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

This guy claims that those instructions should work for any RK3066 tablet:
http://www.cnx-softw...rk3066-mini-pc/

My own Retina tablet has arrived to my home already, but I am away from my home myself and will not be able to test it soon.

Yes, followed this guide two days ago and it worked. But i'm not able to instal "SuperSu" or "BusyBox". Installed "Quick Boot" but doesn't work. "SuperUser" seems to work fine. Now any one one knows any good alternative to "Quik Boot"?

#28 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Yes, followed this guide two days ago and it worked. But i'm not able to instal "SuperSu" or "BusyBox". Installed "Quick Boot" but doesn't work. "SuperUser" seems to work fine. Now any one one knows any good alternative to "Quik Boot"?

After some mor tests and some more time i think i have a problem
Moborobo says i'm rooted bu it seems i do not have root access. Thats why all this previous programs doesn't work including SuperUser. Anyone whith a solution?

#29 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

After some mor tests and some more time i think i have a problem
Moborobo says i'm rooted bu it seems i do not have root access. Thats why all this previous programs doesn't work including SuperUser. Anyone whith a solution?

ZhuoDaShi-2.2.9-setup.exe try it should work it is in chinise you will see it detect the tablet click root the first time will clean the system and do a second time and it should root it
Posted Image

Edited by darkrickpr, 02 November 2012 - 08:52 PM.

My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#30 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

ZhuoDaShi-2.2.9-setup.exe try it should work it is in chinise you will see it detect the tablet click root the first time will clean the system and do a second time and it should root it
Posted Image

Thanks darkrickpr, now i have a chuwi v99 fully rooted. Took some time to understand the program but it worked very well. SuperSu is working fine.
Thanks

#31 spk66

spk66

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

Thanks darkrickpr, now i have a chuwi v99 fully rooted. Took some time to understand the program but it worked very well. SuperSu is working fine.
Thanks

Hello.
I am from germany and have bought this Chuwi V99 tablet and also try to root it, but if i activate the debugging option and connect it to my windows 8 pc, the driver cannot be installed, (moborobo and ZuoDashi did not recognize it).
Can anyone please help me?

#32 Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

How is the tablet with high Def video? Does it stutter or drop frames while playing video? Have you compared it to the Ipad3's display? Is the dpi as stated? Do you feel the RK3066 is up to the task... with multiple apps running? thanks

#33 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hello.
I am from germany and have bought this Chuwi V99 tablet and also try to root it, but if i activate the debugging option and connect it to my windows 8 pc, the driver cannot be installed, (moborobo and ZuoDashi did not recognize it).
Can anyone please help me?

Used a windows 7 PC with no problem. Maybe this can help you: http://www.downloada...ices,22496.html

#34 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

How is the tablet with high Def video? Does it stutter or drop frames while playing video? Have you compared it to the Ipad3's display? Is the dpi as stated? Do you feel the RK3066 is up to the task... with multiple apps running? thanks

Ok, this is the first thing to know: this is not a F1 machine...but is very good, bether than tegra 2.
Second: you can switch (in Dysplay settings) betwen HD mode and SD mode. In my opinion it will run faster in SD mode and you will not notice any big difference. The display quality is very good. You can see very well a 720p movie or even a 1080p movie with no problem.
SD mode will have 1600x1200 resolution. This is a lot more than a regular Tablet android and much more than Ipad2.
Third: I also have an Ipad 3 64GB 4G, and i can say you it is disconected in my homme since i have this Chuwi V99.
Hope this can help you.

#35 spk66

spk66

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Used a windows 7 PC with no problem. Maybe this can help you: http://www.downloada...ices,22496.html

Thank you for your help.
The download link does not exist, but i have tried these android usb drivers from elsewhere.
all my pcs at home are now running with windows 8, so i think i have to try another option.
_If i can try it on win 7 or xp i will let you know if that worked.

#36 spk66

spk66

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Ok, this is the first thing to know: this is not a F1 machine...but is very good, bether than tegra 2.
Second: you can switch (in Dysplay settings) betwen HD mode and SD mode. In my opinion it will run faster in SD mode and you will not notice any big difference. The display quality is very good. You can see very well a 720p movie or even a 1080p movie with no problem.
SD mode will have 1600x1200 resolution. This is a lot more than a regular Tablet android and much more than Ipad2.
Third: I also have an Ipad 3 64GB 4G, and i can say you it is disconected in my homme since i have this Chuwi V99.
Hope this can help you.

I also think it is a great tablet. But i have noticed if it is connected to the acdc device, the display will not react correct on touching, means if i press anywhere it recognizes mulitple touches and so it cannot be used since charging.
First i thought it was a failure so i resetted the device 3 times to original state, but than i saw it happens only while charging.
(Sorry for my english, it is not very good!).
Can anyone confirm this?
Thank you.

#37 buzzbuzz68

buzzbuzz68

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Hope this can help you.

From what I've read the RK3066 doesn't officially support the high resolution display. As you mentioned, you notice a performance difference between SD and HD mode. But can you tell me where you specifically notice the difference? Is it just in games, or do you also notice it in the GUI or during webbrowsing?
I'm still waiting for my similar Yuandao/Windows/Vido N90 FHD :(

#38 ckinoza

ckinoza

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

From what I've read the RK3066 doesn't officially support the high resolution display. As you mentioned, you notice a performance difference between SD and HD mode. But can you tell me where you specifically notice the difference? Is it just in games, or do you also notice it in the GUI or during webbrowsing?
I'm still waiting for my similar Yuandao/Windows/Vido N90 FHD :(

i dunno bout u, but my yuandao n90 fhd is pretty good handling such resolution.. since both of these have the same specs, im sure it is pretty much the same. im good with the sd mode as u wont notice much difference between sd n hd mode.. casual games is awesome.. i think gaming performance is pretty good.. it is laggy sometimes.. i just kill apps then works like charm again.. im sure updated firmware will be able to solve laggy issue.. im commenting this based on my experience with yuandao n90 fhd as it has the same specs with chuwi v99..

Edited by ckinoza, 08 November 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#39 ivaa

ivaa

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

Hope this can help you.

Have you figured out how to hard reset the Chuwi V99 tablet?

so i resetted the device 3 times to original state,

How you have done it? Is there some special reset button?

From what I've read the RK3066 doesn't officially support the high resolution display.

Maybe it is done by Mali400 graphic chip.

Edited by ivaa, 08 November 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#40 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Have you figured out how to hard reset the Chuwi V99 tablet?

How you have done it? Is there some special reset button?

Yes, it is a good question, i would love to know how to do that.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: [ROM]DANERICK CHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

By Rara Avis in Rara Avis' Blog, on 21 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Source: [ROM]DANERICK CHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

Read Full Entry →
Photo

Step by Step Tutorial: How to flash a Rom via RKAndroidTool and CWM on RK3066 Retina Tablet

By mcschweg in mcschweg's Blog, on 27 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

OK, i made this step by step tutorial for noobs. Please take it and make it better!

From step 15 onwards, it is about flashing via CWM.

Before you flash:

Safe everything, that you might want to keep off the tablets memory onto your micro SD-card i.e.. The Memory of the tablet will be totally erased during flashing. Again: There is no "safe space" inside the RAM of the tablet. Everything will be erased.

Flash at your own risk. No one else but you is responsible for any damage that might occur.

Step 1: Download

Drivers: (erase .txt from filename)

RKAndroidTool 1.35 (RKAT): (erase .txt from filename)

Custom ROM: Danerick Beta 1a highly recommended (because it has the most beautiful bootsequence)

parameter2gb-file: (erase .txt from filename)

CWM-Recovery: (erase .txt from filename)

CWM-flaschable custom ROM: Generick Mod V6 highly recommended (just hit "DOWNLOAD" and proceed to mediafire)

TerminalEmulator.apk: (erase .txt from filename)

Step 2: Unzip and install Drivers on your PC.

Step 3: Unzip folder RKAndroidTool 1.35 (RKAT) on your PC.

Step 4: Start RKAT on PC and point it to the files of the custom ROM. Follow this sceme:

http://s20.postimage...8cip9/RKAT1.jpg

Use the "Parameter2gb" (see attachement!) file instead of the original file (recommendet) to gain 2GB for installing apps instead of only 1GB.

Step 5: Switch the tablet completely off. If charger cable is plugged in, unplug it.

Step 6: Connect tablet to the PC via USB-cable.

Step 7: Hold button on the side of the tablet down that says "VOL +".

Step 8: While holding "VOL +" hold also down the Power Button.

Step 9: While holding the two buttons down, insert the charger-cable-plug into the charger hole of the tablet.

Step10: Watch the RKAT-window on your PC-screen, until the message on the bottom turns from "No Found RKAndroid rock usb" to "Found RKAndroid rock usb".

Step11: Release both buttons. You are now in flash mode of the tablet.

Step12: Click on the button in the RKAT-Window that says "Erase NAND(IDB)". See the count in the status-window goes all the way through.

Step13: When successfully erased NAND, click button "Flash ROM" and see the count in the status-window goes all the way through.

Step14: Congrats, you have flashed the custom Rom and CWM-recovery via several imgs with RKAT. If you don not need to flash a CWM-custom-ROM, you can start using your tablet now.

Step15: If you want to flash a CWM-custom-ROM with CWM now, you have to start your tablet now by pressing 4-5 long secs on the power button until you see a boot-picture.

Step16: When booted completely, do not install anything, not even your gmail-account, because all those input will get lost while flashing the CWM-custom-rom. Go to Settings, Display and switch to HD-mode (so you can enjoy HD mode after CWM-flashing CWM-custom-ROM). Proceed with rebooting the device when asked.

Step17: On your PC or tablet: Mount a micro-SD-card and put CWM-flashable ROM (.zip) and TerminalEmulator.apk on micro-SD-card.

Step18: Insert the micro-SD-card with the files from step 16 into the tablet.

Step19: After the tablet bootetd completely again, find the TerminalEmulator.apk on your micro-SD-card via a file browser on your tablet. install it.

Step20: Re-asure, that the system is rooted by launching eiter the app "SuperSU" or "Superuser" on your tablet and achieve Superuser-rights on the tablet.

Step21: Launch the app "TermainalEmulator" and type "su" followed by pressing the return key or enter. If a line appears, that the command is not possible, something with the superuser-rights is not OK.

Step22: If everything before went well, a window "Superuser" or "SuperSU" will appear. Grant the Superuser functionality by hitting "OK" or "Grant".

Step23: Still in TermainalEmulator, type "reboot recovery". The tablet will immediately shut down and restart in CWM-recovery-mode. That looks weired, but it serves it's purpose.

Step24: In CWM-recovery, press "Vol +" several times until you land on "install zip". Press the power button one time.

Step25: Press "Vol +" several times until you land on "install zip from ext.SD". Press the power button one time.

Step26: Press "Vol +" several times until you land on the CWM-zip-file, that you want to flash. Press the power button one time.

Step27: In the same way, you chose in Step25 and Step26, do the so calles "three wipes": "wipe data/factory reset", then "wipe cache partition", then "advanced", "wipe davlik cache".

Step28: In the same way, you chose in Step25 to Step27, go back and chose "reboot system now".

Step29: Maybe you have to format the internal SD-RAM by going to settings,memory,mount SD-card,format,OK.

Step30: Your system is now ready for further modifications. Enjoy.

This tut is under heavy development... i will continue to add pics and notes. Please comment and help me complete it.

Alle Attachements: see original post:

Source: [ROM]DANERICK CHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

Read Full Entry →