Android Tablets Forum banner

[ROM]DANERICK ROMCHUWI V99,VIDO N90FHD,CUBE U9GTV,VISTURE 4HD Retina Tablet

628K views 2K replies 200 participants last post by  vitw1844 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
DANERICK ROM​

CUSTOM ROM FOR DUAL CORE ROCKCHIP RK3066 RETINA TABLET ONLY

CHUWI V99 AND N90FHD CUBE U9GT5,VISTURE 4HD AND IS WORKING

Disclaimers!!!!!
USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!------ I'm NOT AN EXPERT -------IF YOU LIKE MY ROM HELP ME DONATING!!!!

THANKS GUYS FOR YOU HELP AND SUPPORT & TESTED BY​
@Thoemse, @mcschweg, @kethan @ Rara Avis @ MaX51v

LAST UPDATE JUNE/6/2013

PLEASE DONT MIRROR MY DOWNLOAD FILES AND MIRROR YOU MAY HAVE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL INCLUDE IT IN THIS FIRST POST PLEASE THANK YOU

HOW TO INSTALL CWM WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AND ALSO DOWNLOAD THE PACKAGE BELOW
CWM FOR RETINA COMPLETE FILES AND RKANDROID TOOL

HOW TO INSTALL A ROM ON CWM RECOVERY?
BOOT YOUR TABLET AND INSTALL ANY APP LIKE QUICKBOOT APK OR BY terminal emulator use this command "reboot recovery" OR By Powering on your tablet with the +(plus)volume key until you get to cwm
*wipe data/factory reset
*(mount and storge)format /system
*(advance)Wipe dalvik cache
*Now flash the rom.zip

GENERICK V8 NOW IS CALLED DANERICK V8!!!!! WHY??? Because GENERICK MOD IS A PORT FROM PIPO MAX FIRMWARES and DANERICK ARE FROM ANY BEST STOCK RETINA RK3066 FIRMWARE. I made this change because Many user want it this way to have different when is a Port or custom base stock rom SO IT IS DONE !!!!!!.

DANERICK V8a
http://yadi.sk/d/BElxpayo5XdeE
  • more internal cleaning
  • Super Su 1.30 updated
  • cwm script update
  • build-prop tweaked

NOTE!!!
  • TELL ME IF YOUR HDMODE IS WORKING BECAUSE FOR ME IS NOT (anyway for me hd mode has never been usable just say)

DANERICK V8 RETINA VERSION
Download
  • Based on last Stock Visture V5HD
  • Include MaX51v Memory leak fix
  • Super Su 1.25
  • Chinese app gone
  • GooglePlay Store v4.0.26
  • dpi 240
  • WIFI FIXED
  • much more will be added(i dont remember)

Generickmod_V7_TEST4_fixRETINA
  • Build.Prop set to 190 SD and 220 HD(i fixed the bootloop caused by a bad number on dpi i wrote(sorry guys my bad)THANKS RARA AVIS for that
  • Fix some permissions
  • Playstore MultiDPI MOD 3.10.10 WHITE (app not compatible should work now)
  • Modules included :
  • Network-Cifs.ko md4.ko
  • Gamepads- (Xbox360 xpad.ko) (PS3 hid-sony.ko) included but no autorun yet need to mod the boot.img rc.inic
  • Archos mapping controller (not yet tested)

GENERICK MOD V7 TEST3 RETINA VERSION CWM ONLY
  • Fix android sdcard mount windows giving FC.
  • Added new GUI Switchres and Holoreboot apk (Thanks RARA AVIS)
  • Use last 97R OEM boot.img fix NFS Mostwanted graphic glish.
  • quickboot and scriptmanagar removed

GENERICK MOD V7 TEST2 RETINA VERSION CWM ONLY(Link updated Fix bootloop
  • Based on Pipo max m1 last FW
  • rooted
  • Rara avis(HD>SD or SD>HD script
  • Scriptmanager app included
  • DPI to 260 as default
  • Bootanimation back to cyanogen logo
  • maybe more

97R OEM N90FHD STOCK FW 1/18/2013 + Last CWM Recovery + 2GB parameter file as default (Optional 3GB Parameter file not tested yet)include RKANDROID TOOL (NOT ROOTED OR MODIFIED /system is CLEANStock INSTALL )

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm also interested in the Chuwi V99 I saw on Pandawill. Does anybody have any opinions on Chuwi as a manufacturer, how does ROM development work? Cyanogenmod 10 availability would be a bonus too ;-)

#4 ·
chuwi looks to be a good brand but this tablet looks to me like a clone from from visture v4HD tablet both are also missing hdmi i think the only one with retina display is the cube u9GT V and maybe the Hyundai PLAY X. About firmware i'm trying to develope a generic custom rom that should be compatible with any RK3066 chipset.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
you are right about hdmi missing. The official visture specs confirm it:
http://www.visture.com/specv2.asp

However, there are various different specs I found for this/those? 9.7" Retina tablets.

For example:
Chuwi on Pandawill: 242 x 187 x 9.8mm, 657g.
V4HD on Visture: 239x185x9.8 mm, 620g.
Cube on aliexpress: 257*178*9.9mm or 250mm * 191mm * 12mm, 600g or 650g...

I wonder which one is better to pre-order: visture, cube or chuwi? Any idea on comparison of the quality between those brands based on their latest models?

#10 ·
well i'm trying to make a zip rom flasheble via clock mod recovery that should work with many Rk3066 tablet since i have seen many tablet have like a same system but diffident modification made by manufacture just what has change are WiFi BT modules driver that could be flashed in separate zip for an specified tablet if something not detected correctly. This way will be more secure than flashing via pc and that wont need to flash boot or kernel to make it boot just will need to make a diffident rom for iCS and Jellybean since ics kernel dont work on jb from what i have seen i havent figuring this yet

#12 ·
What a pity they didn't include an HDMI port on these tablets. I was seriously considering buying one.

#15 ·
I was kidding. The idea was that without an HDMI port, it might cost less. The desire to save on these Retinas is simple:
they have just started to appear, and so called vendors charge a lot for the devices that might turn buggy/defective being from the first production batch. In my blog, I noticed the $154 price for a 1000 of these "Renitas". Fair retail price +S&H to US should be below $200 then.
Please, when you Chuwi arrives, consider making an unpacking/turning on/playing video&games video(s), as there's nothing real known about that Chuwi

#16 ·
#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
THATS REALLY A GREAT PRICE IT EVEN LOOK JUST THE SAME AS ANY RETINASCREEN TABLET CUBE,VISTURE,YUANDAO IT SEEMS THIS WAS MADE AS OEM. ABOUT THE HDMI I SEND THEM AN EMAIL TO CONFIRM IF IT REALLY HAVE HDMI AND IF IT DOES I WILL BUY ONE RIGHT AWAY

#17 ·
#21 ·
Thanks for the information direct from in4dealz darkrickpr. I guess we won't know for sure until someone has one in their hands! Unless they do a YouTube video. I am tempted myself.

Jez (aka Jezzer)

#23 ·
In the las few weeks I have read many descriptions about this tablet, many of them from sellers in china or Hong Kong. I was however with many doubts, but still decided to take a risk and bought one. I received it this morning. I can confirm that has no HDMI port. The retina display is fantastic. The overall operation is positive but need more time to continue testing. The build quality is truly impressive (it is metal, not plastic).
Now i just need some instructions how to root (if anyone wants to help me ...

If you want to know more just ask.

#24 ·
How much have you paid and where have you bought it?

#34 ·
Ok, this is the first thing to know: this is not a F1 machine...but is very good, bether than tegra 2.
Second: you can switch (in Dysplay settings) betwen HD mode and SD mode. In my opinion it will run faster in SD mode and you will not notice any big difference. The display quality is very good. You can see very well a 720p movie or even a 1080p movie with no problem.
SD mode will have 1600x1200 resolution. This is a lot more than a regular Tablet android and much more than Ipad2.
Third: I also have an Ipad 3 64GB 4G, and i can say you it is disconected in my homme since i have this Chuwi V99.
Hope this can help you.

#48 ·
Yes the touch screen problem could be the cheap DC adapter they maybe using cause by a bad grounding and that why I was asking if It had a magnetic shield that protect no static interference frecuency gets to the device.

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

#68 · (Edited by Moderator)
kernel is in the Boot.img uncheck the kernel on rkbatch tool

#71 ·
Hello. I've just succeed to install darkrickpr's custom rom without finless version for CHUWI V99.

The important points are;
- Check OUT the "kernel" installation
- DO NOT press "Erase NAND(IDB)" button before press"Flash ROM"
- finless version of recovery.img may have some promlem

!!!! Testing sequence !!!!
1st : follow to original sequence with finless
1) Erase NAND(IDB) -> OK
2) Change the path of recovery image to finless version.
3) FLASH ROM -> RKAndroidTool says "kernel.img can't find" so,
4) Check out the selectionmark of kernel.img
5) FLASH ROM -> OK, but CAN'T BOOT
( Then I think the problem is kernel area may be erased 1) but not rewrite at 5). )

2nd : try to recover kernel area by offitial FW and rewrite modROM without Erase NAND
1) Write OfftialFW -> OK (boot checked)
2) Change the path of recovery image to finless version.
3) Check out the selectionmark of kernel.img
4) FLASH ROM -> OK, but CAN'T BOOT

3nd : almost same as 2nd try without finless install
1) Write OfftialFW -> OK (boot checked)
2) Check out the selectionmark of kernel.img
3) FLASH ROM -> Everything OK, BOOT SUCCEED

anyway, thank you to darkrickpr and other genius geeks!

#72 ·
Does my rom boot on the 3rd try and work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.