Photo

Question to ALL Developers: Could it be done?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Question to ALL Developers: Could it be done?

What?

Today I bought an WiFi Mouse, an HP WiFi Mobile Mouse because I had all times one USB port less on my laptop as needed. The Mouse is using the internal WiFi of the laptop for to work and didn't need any Receiver. The Driver of that Mouse work like an Bluetooth device, it need to be paired.

So, my question is now: Is there any way to get such mouse to work with the WiFi of an Tablet Computer?

Thanks for any information and help.

Mr. Imperfect
from
LOS (Land of Smile (Thailand))

Posted Image

Please do NOT hijack my signature picture. Thanks.

#2 SNT Games

SNT Games

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

I got an HP WiFi Mobile Mouse from Amazon about a year ago (it since died). If this is the same mouse you're referring to, it is only compatible with devices running Windows7 (and running "Win7 logo certified network adapter"). There are no drivers for it for Android as far as I could tell.

#3 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

The time it would take to try and get something like this to work far out-weighs the cost of just buying a compatible $8 mouse :) I'm sure anyone can make $8 in less than a few hours which is substantially less time than it would take to try and make your previous mouse work. Probably get a set of batteries with the new mouse too which is worth half that cost lol Gotta love Amazon.

PS: If you're looking for compatible Android/Linux/ANY OS mice or peripherals I would be happy to suggest some with Amazon links, just lemme know what "style/form-factor" you'd like and I'll take ten minutes and grab you some good links.

Edited by JustinTime4Tea, 03 May 2013 - 01:50 PM.

_.-=/ Here we go again! Ubuntu 12.10 on ARM the way it's meant to be experienced! Easy, Optimized and now even smaller. \=-._

.-=/ Open GL ES GOODIES! \=-.

. - ( *_Quake-3_*- .. -*_GLTron_*- .. -*_Playstation_Emulator_*- .. -*_XBMC with AddOns!_[COME and get IT!]* ) - .

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

. - ( *_XChat FREE Direct Live Help and Growing Community!_*- .. -* Joomla 3.1 Quick Professional Modern Website Easy as 1-2-3 *- .. -* HW Support: Webcams, Hubs, PS3Remote, much more *- .. -* too much to list! Download now and enjoy! Join us using XChat and lets plan the next release together!_* ) - .

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-='/ home://io ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]