Android Tablets Forum banner

Games are cropped out of screen?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Motawa 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just got my 1st android tablet (PiPo M1) and downloaded some games.
Then I just noticed that some games are stretched out of the screen and I can't view the sides of it.
Is this a common thing to happen? I'm guessing this has to do with the games aspect ratio 16:9 and my tablet is 4:3.

The game was FL Commando

#2 ·
I have the same problem with Samurai Vengeance II. Seems like the M1 can't autofit it to the screen. It scales it to the height of the game and so parts of the game are not visible on left and right. I don't know if there's a workaround for this or a function somewhere in some configuration. Any ideas from the tech guys here?

#3 ·
I was evaluating buying one of this 9.7" 4:3 android tablet, but i suspect it would be some problems about this.
About this 16:9/4:3 problem what can you say when you connect the tablet to a 16:9 TV with HDMI.
I post this question more detailed here

Thanks

Pd: Eventually if the firmware is well written this 16:9/4:3 problem could be solved (or diminished, at least), but as we know firmware in cheap Chinese china's tablet is crap.

4:3 aspect ratio is better to read, which is primarly what i want the tablet for, but this games/videos/hdmi etc... problems don't make me happy. I think i will be evaluating buying a 10.1" (16:10 aspect ratio) tablet, that even if it is a little worst for reading it is more compatible with any app.
Maybe in some distant future they will do something to overcome this problems

#4 ·
@lanosalf
Sorry I wasn't able to try to connect the tablet to a 16:9 TV, I got it replaced instead to a PiPo U1 which has 16:9 ratio.

Maybe if you want a 10.1" (16:9 ratio) tablet wait for the PiPo M3 is is better than the M1 that it has 2 front facing speakers, higher resolution and better back-facing camera (5mp)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.