• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 fredphoesh

fredphoesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8Obkns1B4&feature=share&list=UUmYOTGN1vwcBWIkNu9VTooQ

Hello guys,
I bought the tablet on monday, and it arrived today, friday...pretty darn good. BTW, M2, not N2!

Apologies to roman for buying from elijah, he was the only store who said he had stock, and he delivered very promptly.

So far Ive had a cube u30gt, a yuandao n101-II and n90-II and a zenithink as well as a smartq t19 and this is my favourite

The sound is by far the best... playback from two front speakers, mic is good too.
3g works with my orange uk sim and a sim adapter (my phone has micro sim)
more apps work in the market than with the yuandao
comes with JB (not rooted sadly)

two finger drag to tilt google earth does not work, neither does rotate map in google maps... but two finger drag to tilt works in maps... go figure.
it is not as smooth on jb as my son's smartq t19 is with jb... but ok.

How to root this now ?!

A bried review of the PIPO M2 HERE
Cheers,
Mark.

Edited by fredphoesh, 28 September 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#2 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

How much did you pay for it, with delivery?
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

#3 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hi fredphoesh,

My M2 and M3 won't arrive until after the Chinese holidays :'( So well done for being quick off the mark to order yours. :good:

It sounds great and I am hoping the M3 speakers are as good as the M2 ones. Early photos of the M2 looked just like the M3 but more recently all the photos have changed to show a design that's different to both the M1 and M3. Assume yours looks like this :

http://www.aliexpres.../639597500.html

Also interested to know how your Play Store app visibility is. My recent white M1 has Chinese fw dated 13 Sep which gives excellent app visibility. Apart from rooting & removing Chinese apps I have left it as is.

Cheers
Jez
P. S. If you edit your post and choose use full editor you can then change the subject to M2 rather than N2.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Jezzer, 28 September 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#4 fredphoesh

fredphoesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

Assume yours looks like this :

http://www.aliexpres.../639597500.html

Also interested to know how your Play Store app visibility is. My recent white M1 has Chinese fw dated 13 Sep which gives excellent app visibility. Apart from rooting & removing Chinese apps I have left it as is.

Cheers
Jez

Hi there Jez,
yep, thats what it looks like...
I bought from Aliexpress for $243.96, and bought a keyboard cover too, though that's too dinky for my fat fingers ;)
It seems can see stuff I could not see with Yuandao, like google earth, but still not bbc iplayer, amazon for mobiles.

I wonder if I can root this the same way you rooted your M1. I assume there is a "how to" on this forum? I will look now.

TX
Mark.

#5 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

i ordered this tablet yesterday hoping it will be sent before chinese holiday as i was speaking to june elijah and she said it would. how is the tablet? is it laggy or is it pretty gd all round? also is ther loads of chinese bloatware on the standard jb rom? hope my order is as fast as yours also from uk
cheers reece

#6 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hi there Jez,
yep, thats what it looks like...
I bought from Aliexpress for $243.96, and bought a keyboard cover too, though that's too dinky for my fat fingers ;)
It seems can see stuff I could not see with Yuandao, like google earth, but still not bbc iplayer, amazon for mobiles.

I wonder if I can root this the same way you rooted your M1. I assume there is a "how to" on this forum? I will look now.

TX
Mark.

Thanks Mark, also for the video. :good:

By the way, I got Ocean HD live wallpaper yesterday as one of Google 25p special offers. Assume you did too. ;)

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 28 September 2012 - 04:34 PM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#7 mrmh

mrmh

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hi i like the review :good: whats your live wallpaper with the ships wheel called?

#8 falcondx

falcondx

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Mark how is the Wifi Range and Speed of the M2? Does the speed deep alot when away from router?
Any improvement over the M1?

#9 Geodex

Geodex

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Mark how is the Wifi Range and Speed of the M2? Does the speed deep alot when away from router?
Any improvement over the M1?

Only improvement over the M1 noticeable would be the internal 3G.

I have one in hand and it feels a bit bulky at the edges :huh: will return it and wait for another 3G model I think. I don't like the design also even though I will mostly have it in a case that's just me :blink:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ainol Aurora II/ Pipo Max M1/ Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

#10 dc/dt

dc/dt

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

How does Google Maps work on this tablet? Does it come with GPS/A-GPS?

#11 fredphoesh

fredphoesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hi wifi not as good as my galaxy s3, but ok.
I'm at a hotel now and don't know how far the router is... Signal is stronger on my phone.

There is no gps.

Mark

Sent from my M2 using Tapatalk 2

#12 okrex

okrex

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hi fredphoesh,
I'm undecided whether to buy Pipo m2 or yuandao N90 II. I saw that you've had them both, which do you recommend. They have same hardware, but N90 II seems to me more aesthetically pleasing. What do you think you've had them in hand
Thanks for the advice.

Edited by okrex, 21 October 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#13 fredphoesh

fredphoesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Pipo M2 is a better tablet no question. MUCH better sound and microphone, no issues with wifi cutting out or needing restarting frequently, better screen, and mine has 3g... I gave my n90-II to my mother... With detailed instructions on how to fix the wifi problem.
Pipo is not as sleek, but has smooth edges, no glass on edge to easily break if you drop it.
So m2 for sure for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

#14 okrex

okrex

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Great, thanks for the reply! from what I could see from the photos the pipo seems more attention to detail and materials. I think that is the right choice for me!

#15 zbengutz

zbengutz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hello.
Can someone help me? I bought a tablet Pipo m2 with 3 G. I have a problem with the tochscreen. When i try to write the y key holding the tablet horizontally its not working when i turn the tablet it works but now i canot pres the g key.
It seems that the middle of the screen has a problem. Its a software or hardware problem? Can be repaired without sending it back? Thanks

#16 fredphoesh

fredphoesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Sounds bizarre, is it with other things or just keyboard.?how about other keyboards?

#17 invu2day

invu2day

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hello.
Can someone help me? I bought a tablet Pipo m2 with 3 G. I have a problem with the tochscreen. When i try to write the y key holding the tablet horizontally its not working when i turn the tablet it works but now i canot pres the g key.
It seems that the middle of the screen has a problem. Its a software or hardware problem? Can be repaired without sending it back? Thanks

On the tablet go to :

SETTINGS
DEVELOPERS OPTIONS
POINTER LOCATION

Now run your finger all over the screen. You will soon see if you have any dead zones on the touchscreen. To be honest sounds like you do.

#18 zbengutz

zbengutz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

I have a dead zone on my screen but i dont have ded pixels :). They say to downlod M2 3G software_20120924 where can i fiind it?

#19 fredphoesh

fredphoesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

I've got it on my FTP site, linked to it on this forum in another post...it's here somewhere! I'm not on a computer so you'll have to look...

#20 zbengutz

zbengutz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

I've got it on my FTP site, linked to it on this forum in another post...it's here somewhere! I'm not on a computer so you'll have to look...

This whil help me? They said that if after upgrading the firmware doesnt work to try to flash it . How can i flash it?