• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 garlum

garlum

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Can anyone explain why the navigation buttons and status bar at the bottom of the screen doesn't fade out to dots while playing videos? It starts to fade out but immediately comes back and repeats this many times while the video is playing. It's a bit distracting. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Magnitude

Magnitude

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hi!
Indeed I noticed the same annoyance.
So I tried several players : the best at this test is Google's one. The status bar is disappearing properly.
But it doesn't read "webm" codec... You have to make a choice !

:pardon:

#3 charos87

charos87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

There is an app that can help, i use GMD Gesture control and created a custom command to make the status bar disappear with a swipe down with three fingers. I can now play games and watch videos with true full screen :yahoo:
The reason they have done that though is because the tablet has no dedicated "back" hard button so the soft buttons must remain on the screen at all times also it reduces the actual resolution of the tablet to something like 976 x 720 i think! anyway hope this helps you guys!

#4 garlum

garlum

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for the info. I don't know about games but the no-fadeout issue was resolved with the Jellybean release from Onda, one of many niggles that the Jellybean release fixed!

Edited by garlum, 02 January 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#5 charos87

charos87

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

No probs! What is JB like for daily use? I'm still on ICS for compatibility with some apps and games! Has project butter made any difference to the fluidity of navigation? Cheers!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

#6 garlum

garlum

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

No probs! What is JB like for daily use? I'm still on ICS for compatibility with some apps and games! Has project butter made any difference to the fluidity of navigation? Cheers!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Overall it's a little slicker though not massively. But the biggest plus for me was the flash player in web browsing is far slicker and robust. I think they ditched the hardware based decoder which means no blocks of adverts covering the navigation bar on certain web pages, plus it's much quicker loading and scrolling through web pages as a result. The JB upgrade was worth it just for this alone.