Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi All,

SmartQ T20 Android4.1 V2.0 released!

check the link below.

http://www.smartdevi...09/25-1743.html

Edited by Toprak, 25 September 2012 - 04:55 PM.

• CBAbingdonUK likes this

#2 Skelton

Skelton

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

I will give it a try. Maybe it's time to start thinking on a JB custom rom.

#3 Toprak

Toprak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

I will give it a try. Maybe it's time to start thinking on a JB custom rom.

that would be nice.

I'm also testing the new rom.

The hdmi out works now fine
I found (i think ) the OTA but this is in chinees
streaming works fine also streaming HD content but the same problem still occurs if you forward the movie or go back in the time audio and video is out of sync
I will try some games later

#4 CBAbingdonUK

CBAbingdonUK

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAbingdon UK

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

Please can you check if they have fixed the issue with not being able to install apps purchased from the play store?
Thank you

Chris
Cowon Q5
Incredible S
SmartQ T20

#5 Skelton

Skelton

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

I can download my purchase with google play. Ar first Google play gave me some trouble, but just deleted and re-added my account and now everything works fine.

#6 CharlesMouse

CharlesMouse

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Excellent!
Thanks for the head's up. I must have a play over the weekend...

Possibly a dumb question:
Does anyone know of a (reasonably simple) way to do an upgrade install with SmartQ ROMs instead of a wipe-install?
My JB v1 install has been rather customised to my liking and out of sheer lazyness it would be nice not to have to do the whole reinstall form backups / refiddle with bits 'n bobs thing again.

#7 Toprak

Toprak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Excellent!
Thanks for the head's up. I must have a play over the weekend...

Possibly a dumb question:
Does anyone know of a (reasonably simple) way to do an upgrade install with SmartQ ROMs instead of a wipe-install?
My JB v1 install has been rather customised to my liking and out of sheer lazyness it would be nice not to have to do the whole reinstall form backups / refiddle with bits 'n bobs thing again.

D3BA has a nice Install Guide

follow the Install Guide without steps 2 + 3.
Be aware during upgrade something can go wrong make sure you have full BACKUP!

http://www.slatedroi...om-rom-d3bamod/

#8 Toprak

Toprak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

nice feature

SmartQ brings OTA firmrware upgrades to your tablet

SmartQ is continuously keeping their OMAP4 tablets up to date with frequent firmware updates, most of their latest models have already got Jelly Bean sweetness. Latest firmware will now support OTA (Over The Air) upgrades so you dont need to waste time downloading on PC, unpacking to SD card and running the Chinese recovery menu. You still need to use the old upgrade method to get the OTA function on your tablet, but after that is done its all wireless.

The first models to get the OTA feature along with lost of other improvements is SmartQ S7, T20 and Ten3

Changes and new features: T20

Further reduce system power consumption.
Increase OTA firmware upgrade function.
Increasing the status bar is hidden, long press the power button to select.
Increased the APP2SD functions, allowing applications to install to the SD card.
Increase the shutdown alarm clock function.
Increase the stopwatch, countdown function.
Add starter set function.
Lock screen weather information to increase the Chinese weather service of the Central Meteorological Station.
Reduce the minimum brightness of the screen can be adjusted.
Adjust some of the pre-installed software.
Bug fixes:

To enhance the stability of the USB OTG interface peripherals plug.
Enhance the HDMI output compatibility.
Optimizing refresh mechanism of the MTP.
Optimize root authorization support.
Fix VPN / PPTP protocol support.
Other problems are corrected.

I've upgraded my tablet with old upgrade methode to 4.1.1 and with OTA to v2.1 Build 120929.094746

unfortunately OTA section is in Chinese and not translated yet.

sources:
http://smartdevices....09/25-1743.html
http://tabletrepubli...ablet-2877.html

Edited by Toprak, 05 October 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#9 CharlesMouse

CharlesMouse

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Thank you...
...and thank you for the added info.

#10 CharlesMouse

CharlesMouse

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hmm,
It seems a waste to open a new thread for a related (possibly dim) question. Here on slatedroid there's a post translating CWM 5.x for SmartQ devices (thank you!)...

...apart from Titanium my favorite backup method is to use CWM's built-in nandroid backup. Now, having already upgraded with the JB v1.0 ROM I've got CWM 6.0.1.1 as part of the deal.
The new CWM would seem to have changed parts of it's menu structure and I no-longer know how to perform a nandroid backup as I don't read Chinese characters. A bit of googling seems to suggest that the SmartQ CWM 6.0.1.1 menu is not structured the same as the English langage versions I've seen as following those hasn't worked for me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

#11 KaDee

KaDee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hmm,
It seems a waste to open a new thread for a related (possibly dim) question. Here on slatedroid there's a post translating CWM 5.x for SmartQ devices (thank you!)...

...apart from Titanium my favorite backup method is to use CWM's built-in nandroid backup. Now, having already upgraded with the JB v1.0 ROM I've got CWM 6.0.1.1 as part of the deal.
The new CWM would seem to have changed parts of it's menu structure and I no-longer know how to perform a nandroid backup as I don't read Chinese characters. A bit of googling seems to suggest that the SmartQ CWM 6.0.1.1 menu is not structured the same as the English langage versions I've seen as following those hasn't worked for me.

Thank you!

I'm afraid I cannot help you, but I want to add that ROM Manager does not recognize the installed CWM either. Is that merely because it is a chinese version?

Back on topic: I installed the Android4.1 v2.1 via OTA and that worked like a charm. It also solved my problems connecting my Bluetooth headset...

Cheers.

#12 Maff

Maff

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Still can't see loads of stuff in the Market/Play Store same as v1.0

Also, I use Chameleon Launcher, but it's not displaying right, after speaking with their tech support they are saying it's because of the DPI of the tablet, the app is seeing the tablet as smaller than 7"!

#13 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hmm,

Thank you!

Here you go.

http://tabletrepubli...ated]-2037.html

#14 maciaveli

maciaveli

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

Hi there. I have upgraded my T20 to the latest update coming from D3B's previous custom firmware.Problem is my camera keeps crashing. More specifically i keep getting a Unfortunately "cameraOMAP4 has stopped" message. have tried installing other camera software but everyone keeps crashing. would appreciate anyone suggesting something.thanks

#15 CBAbingdonUK

CBAbingdonUK

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAbingdon UK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hi there. I have upgraded my T20 to the latest update coming from D3B's previous custom firmware.Problem is my camera keeps crashing. More specifically i keep getting a Unfortunately "cameraOMAP4 has stopped" message. have tried installing other camera software but everyone keeps crashing. would appreciate anyone suggesting something.thanks

I'm on V2.2 after following OTA updates and the camera works fine (I came from D3B's firmware). I've also been able to connect the the web via A USB/ Rj45 connector http://www.amazon.co...ils_o04_s00_i00

Edited by CBAbingdonUK, 07 December 2012 - 07:21 AM.

Cowon Q5
Incredible S
SmartQ T20

#16 maciaveli

maciaveli

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

I'm on V2.2 after following OTA updates and the camera works fine (I came from D3B's firmware). I've also been able to connect the the web via A USB/ Rj45 connector http://www.amazon.co...ils_o04_s00_i00

thanks but that doesnt help me very much.i am still having that problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users