Pipo M1 vs M2 vs M3 vs M8

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 stanton

stanton

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Could anyone tell me the VISIBLE screen sizes of the M2 and M3 please ?
ie ?mm x ?mm

Anyone ?

#42 ottogiugno

ottogiugno

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Anyone ?

M3 is 217x136 mm

Edited by ottogiugno, 29 October 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#43 invu2day

invu2day

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

M1 and M2 = 197mm x 148mm
M3 = 217mm x 136mm

Viewable screen areas

#44 stanton

stanton

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thanks fellas :good: :clapping:

#45 jprizal

jprizal

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

so guys, which one is a good buy? m1 or m3? don't want the 3g capable tab since my daughter already has a cellphone...btw, does this tablet able to play games found at friv.com?

#46 akkamannen

akkamannen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I like the M2 version without the 3G. In which store I can buy it in good price;

banggod.com has a nice price... http://www.banggood....et-p-52681.html $212.99, incl free shipping... anywhere cheaper?

Edited by akkamannen, 03 November 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#47 Motawa

Motawa

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

are there custo roms for the m2?

#48 leangrowth

leangrowth

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

@Tablet_Collector,

First off, thanks for your many posts. I have been reading various threads on the Pipo M2 and M3 an have found your comments really helpful.

I am looking to buy the Pipo M3 or the M2. My final decision will hinge on two issues.

First is the sound. This is actually the most important element for me (I need the sound to fill a room, which my Playbook just manages). You noted in one of your posts that the M2 is louder than the M3. Could you provide a sense of how much loader? e.g. is it 10% or 50% loader? And if you could possibly provide some insight into how loud they are relative to the Playbook, that would be a bonus.

Second is the battery (sound only matters as long as the battery holds out!). I believe both units have the same battery capacity, but I imagine the M3 does not last as long given the larger/higher res screen. Has this been your experience? And if there is a difference, did you find it to be significant?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

#49 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Hi leangrowth,

I'm glad you found the reviews useful.

In terms of sound volume although it's been a while since I owned a Playbook I would say that the Mix M2 is louder. Compared to the Movie M3 I would say the Mix M2 is 40% louder.

I have found the battery life to be very good on both the M2 and M3 but it does seem to last longer on the M2. I have the M2 set to just below half brightness whereas the M3 is set nearer to 3/4 brightness which might make a difference.

I get 2 to 3 days use from the M2 with mixed usage (Web pages, Tapatalk, youtube, email, games, etc). Mostly the volume is turned down as I don't need it that loud all the time. I tend to use it for 2 to 3 hours a day.

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#50 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

has anyone else heard of bad build quality with the latest pipo m2's. i was planning buying one from ingadget last week but they withdrew it from there website i emailed and asked why and they said that there last batch was terrible build quality has anyone recieved a m2 in past week or soo with bad build quality as i still plan on buying this tablet.
regards
reece

#51 Daost

Daost

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Hmmm, that's a bit strange they said that because when I discussed with them by email in October they told me the reliability of the M2 was great, build quality a step up from M1, also better screen, better speakers. I understood that the supply of PiPo M2s has been low recently, maybe they weren't able to stock it any longer? They did say at that time that the M3 had some problems though. Another UK supplier is TNT which seems to be quite reliable according to other people reports and it's owner is also active on these forums.

Also regarding the PiPo M2 vs M3 an important factor for me is the screen ratio, M3 being 3:2 is a no-no for me. I think 4:3 is more versatile and useful all around.

#52 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

yes when i spoke previously with them they said it was exelent build quality but in ther latest batch they said they wernt good. yes im the same i would much rather 4.3 also hence i want the m2 3g as i thought it was a decent tablet. i have spoke with a member of tnt uk but ther also having trouble stocking m2 distribution seems to be a big problem

#53 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Reading reading....

As far as TNT goes, we are having a hard time getting M3s in for the us site and M2s and M3s for the UK site. Pipo is really screwy right now because I think the entire country I suffering from a shortage of IPS screens :-( .

So, right now the wait for an M3 is a bit up in the air. Our primary supplier is also dogmatic about quality control and has cancelled two stock orders now where they have gotten units from PiPo and the promptly sent them back... for which I am very thankful.

I am speculating that Pipo might be stretching and using some lower grade IPS panels in order to fill orders. That being said, our middleman trade company has done a good job of sorting out the junk and the recent order of stock I received of M3s looked great when I QCd them.

Sent from a coffee shop on my N90 II using Tapatalk 2 ;-)
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#54 leangrowth

leangrowth

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi folks,

So I am looking to pick up the m2; the wifi version as I understand the 3g is 2100mhz and therefore won't work in NA. Let me know if i am wrong!

I am considering obtaining it from http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/265-forum-rules/. But I have a couple questions. They have screen shots, which is great (see http://bit.ly/TRMAne). But according to the AnTuTu Tester the cpu is running only 503MHZ, and the total internal rom is about 1gb (its supposed to be 16gb). As I am no expert, I wanted to touch base with you folks to see if there might be a reason for these readings or if I am just misinterpreting the numbers!

Thx.

#55 Hoops71

Hoops71

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

Im in the same boat as many of you guys.Shopped around various UK sellers and both M3's and M2's seem to be out of stock.Also Im a bit on the fence as which Pipo tab to buy,was initialy going to buy the M3,but it seems a bit 'clunky' compared to the M2,so decided on the M2...until I read the above post complaining about quality issues with it.Great forum btw.

#56 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

buy from tnt they do there own quality checks before they send them out i ordered from them and am just waiting for it to arrive they are also uk based

#57 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

banggod.com has a nice price... http://www.banggood....et-p-52681.html $212.99, incl free shipping... anywhere cheaper?

I got same question, where to buy it?
Is banggood any good, has anyone shopped there? I don't want to buy a bad batch, returning it would cost me too much also there is no point buying something defective from factory.
I would like to buy from tnt but I don't think they ship to AU.

#58 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

i finally decided to buy the m2 max 3G in view of lighter weight, better speakers and battery life and the availability of TNT rom version 1 for the 3G version.Ordered one from an indian reseller(http://dealsononline...ute=common/home) for approximately $315(rs 17,590) including shipping and leather case.So far the experience with dealaonline has been great.

thanks magicina/roman for the help and guidance u gave.

wanted to buy from uk TNT(pipo m3 3G was my first choice) but unavailability,logistics and circumstances prevented me from getting my first tab from them.magician was magnanimous to ask me to buy from elsehwere looking at nonavailability and high shipping costs from uk and promptly cancelled my paypal authorisation.My thumbs up for TNT.Would definitely recommend TNT to order and buy ur tablets from..

Special thanks to jez(tablet collector) for his great reviews and comments....it helped me make a choice

Edited by mkh, 17 November 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#59 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

i finally decided to buy the m2 max 3G in view of lighter weight, better speakers and battery life and the availability of TNT rom version 1 for the 3G version.Ordered one from an indian reseller(www.dealsonline.com) for approximately $315(rs 17,590) including shipping and leather case.So far the experience with delasonline has been great.

Can I ask why dealsonline while you could buy from other sites and cheaper?

Edit: I just checked dealsonline and the browser redirected to Isleut it looks like scam to me!

Edited by tablino, 17 November 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#60 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

sorry that link was wrong..i just updated it..

was not sure of ordering from spemall ..was not confident..

1 spemall pipo m2 3G cost $268 plus $20 dollar shipping(aramex)plus 12 dollar case so total around 300 $
2 they told me no customs duty with aramex..but i was not sure about aramex shipping delivery or customs( india customs duty is around 15-20% of declard value..and if DHL surely customs wil put duty irrespective of declared value.. so for 250$ it wll be additional tax of around 2500rs($50) minimum @10%)...spemall did not offer DHL
3 did not want to order from elijah/aliexpress bec of reviews
4 ipadalternative seemed good but customer service not like TNT
3 dealsonline has got repair and service centre at kolkatta india and offer one year warranty with 7 day return (kolkatta) if problems on arrival ..so that what made me go for them.Had a friend who had a good experience with them.

so though price wise dealsonline was roughly RS 3ooo ($60) costlier than ordering from chinese sites..offers me peace of mind..

if anyone ordered from any chinese sites to india..pl feel free to share shipping, customs and customer care experiences
overall i still feel TNT is the best..tho again a tad costlier if you want to ship from uk to india..

wil update this post once i get my m2 by tuesday..keeping my fingers crossed for now..shall give u feedback about this dealsonline deal!!

Edited by mkh, 17 November 2012 - 01:33 AM.