• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

My M2 and M3 have just arrived. They both have flat batteries so I will need to charge for a few hours before I can do anything useful.
I had a quick look at the M3 and the CPU is running at 252Mhz 100% of the time so no wonder it seems slow!
I'll see if I can find a solution using Antutu CPU Master (once charged and rooted).

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#22 spamnco

spamnco

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Could you telle us what are the major flaws of these tablets?
Thanks in advance.

#23 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Could you telle us what are the major flaws of these tablets?
Thanks in advance.

See here regarding the M3 --> http://www.slatedroi...ovie-m3-issues/

The M1 is great apart from low speaker volume (but not too bad). I cannot fault the M2 as yet.

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 08 October 2012 - 05:50 PM.

My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#24 BlueAardvark

BlueAardvark

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

My M1 has quite low speaker volume and compared poorly with an iphone in both quality and volume when I was checking the same site as a friend yesterday. However it's easy to connect speakers through the OTG and sound jack so I do that at home.

Shame about the M3 being rubbish for both of you. I had thought from my Pipo M1 that Pipo was manufacturing quality products. Seems sad that they are willing to trash their reputation.

Did you get the 3G M2 Jezzer? If so is it only 2100 and how does it connect?

Edited by BlueAardvark, 08 October 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#25 invu2day

invu2day

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Hi Jez,

Now you have the M1 and M2 how would you describe the phyical differences other than the design in hand?

Is one noticably lighter than the other?

The M2 is supposed to be a little bit smaller in width and height but also a bit thicker. Does this make any noticable difference in hand?

Also the build finish compared to the M1 and M3?

#26 spamnco

spamnco

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

I am very interested in a comparison between the M1 & M2 too. It seems that the M2 solves the sound quality issue of the M1 but does it carry different problems? A flawless Chinese tablet is something I never saw so far (the onda vi40 being quite perfect IMO but was lacking the BT support).

#27 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

@invu2day and spamnco

The M2 seems slightly smaller than the M1 but hardly noticeable. The M2 is noticeably lighter than the M1 though.
I weighed them both:

M1: 650g
M2: 590g

You can certainly feel the difference in the hand. Other than that the screen is definitely brighter on the M2.
I will post some photos later but I have a lot on today so it might not be until this evening.

One strange thing is that the M2 like the M3 uses Mini-USB connectors rather than Micro-USB connectors on the M1.
It doesn't really make much difference in fact I find the Mini connectors more sturdy than the micro ones.

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 09 October 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#28 GodDamnedPaparazzi

GodDamnedPaparazzi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Excellent info sir! :good:

I'm loving my M1 so far; it's done everything I need it to, though think I'll consider upgrading to get the better sound of the M2 or M3(and lighter weight of the M2 - bonus!) at some point in the near future; if they check out after early testing / tweaking.

The sound's actually acceptable to me on the M1, but if there's the chance of getting that something a little bit better... :rolleyes:

GDP.
Currently Owned: Pipo Max M1 running TNT JB V2

Previously Owned: Window N101+

#29 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Excellent info sir! :good:

I'm loving my M1 so far; it's done everything I need it to, though think I'll consider upgrading to get the better sound of the M2 or M3(and lighter weight of the M2 - bonus!) at some point in the near future; if they check out after early testing / tweaking.

The sound's actually acceptable to me on the M1, but if there's the chance of getting that something a little bit better... :rolleyes:

GDP.

Hi GDP,

Glad you are liking the M1. Mine has been excellent too....it's just that when you find one that's just that little bit better it's hard to ignore, lol. :rolleyes:
Got my eye on a retina display tab too, although I'm not sure the RK3066 is up to the job. May be better to wait for RK31xx or RK32xx or Samsung Exynos based one.

Jez

#30 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Uninstall Antute on your M3. The tablet will speed up significantly. I mentioned this on the other thread. Very odd issue. I installed antutu and my M3 came to a crawl. As soon as it was gone, tablet is very quick again.

Hope this helps,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#31 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

anybody has the 3G version of this tablet?

Does it let you do phone calls?

#32 newbytotabs

newbytotabs

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hi
Sorry for my ignorance, but I am still not 100%sure of the main differences between the M1 and M2.
Can you please explain ?

#33 GodDamnedPaparazzi

GodDamnedPaparazzi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

In a nutshell: M1 has 1 speaker on the right hand side and refined custom firmware. M2 has dual speakers left and right (forward facing), cfw is still in the works. :)

In a little more detail: speakers on the M2 are also louder and screen is brighter. M2 has options for 3G and non-; M1 is only non-.

I'd say it's worth reading Jezzer's review to get an idea how each stacks up against the other (as he owns both); the info above is pretty much the Cliff notes version of that.

My $0.02.....if you can wait a week or two; do. The M2 has the potential to be the 'perfect'-ish 9.7" Chinese tab; IF the right developers get onboard to create custom ROMs. If you are in a rush to get a tab, the M1 is a great buy if you don't mind the single speaker. I absolutely love my M1, but if I was a buyer now; I'd try to hang on just a few more days to see what happens!........ :good:

GDP.

Edited by GodDamnedPaparazzi, 14 October 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#34 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Well said gdp and thanks for the mention :)

Newbytotabs, You can see my initial impressions here:

http://www.slatedroi...ial-Impressions

Jez

#35 GodDamnedPaparazzi

GodDamnedPaparazzi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

No probs Jez :good:

GDP.

#36 minibeats

minibeats

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Can someone confirm the battery size of the m2? I've read is 3500 but that seems crazy small to me, seeing as it's the same size as the m1 screen wise, and the m1 had an 8000 mah battery. I just can't see how a9 7 inch screen can run for a while on such a small Battery.

#37 spamnco

spamnco

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Can someone confirm the battery size of the m2? I've read is 3500 but that seems crazy small to me, seeing as it's the same size as the m1 screen wise, and the m1 had an 8000 mah battery. I just can't see how a9 7 inch screen can run for a while on such a small Battery.

it's 3500 x 2 which means 7000 mah and from what I read it is as good as the Max M1.

#38 minibeats

minibeats

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

Does anyone know why the M3 is cheaper than the M2? Other than the size, they seem exactly the same in specs (Wifi only version of both). Also, sing as the firm factor is the only major difference that I can see, does that mean firmware for the M3 is likely to also work on the M2?

#39 stanton

stanton

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Could anyone tell me the VISIBLE screen sizes of the M2 and M3 please ?
ie ?mm x ?mm

Edited by stanton, 24 October 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#40 Giannis20vt

Giannis20vt

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

I like the M2 version without the 3G. In which store I can buy it in good price;

Edited by Giannis20vt, 24 October 2012 - 11:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users