#41 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Cheers fuser,

I had a look around the xda forums but no luck, suppose i'll just have to roll back to stock rom.
Is there any way of finding out what stock ROM to install for my model - Obviously forgot to note my original before I installed soulgem!!

SN A novo7crystal121008G06667

Yes there is a compatibility thread for determining your batch number and which ROM's work for it. You have the same batch as me so you would need the 0928 stock firmware.

So are you saying that this app you want to run works on the stock firmware? If it does, you might just need to edit your build.prop to the right region to get the app functional again. You can use build.prop Editor to look at and edit your build prop but I'm not sure exactly what you would need to change because I'm not in your region and don't have that app. There is a bunch of info in the build.prop on your region though, so it would be worth a shot.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#42 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Received new crystal today 121208 and the root patch doesn't appear to work.

The process runs as per instructions without error message but just doesnt appear to give root at the end of it.

How are you testing to see if your device is rooted or not?
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#43 starkler

starkler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

ES File explorer doesn't allow higher level access with the up button. if you can suggest a better
test I am happy to try that and report back

#44 ljlj

ljlj

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Have you enabled root functions in settings -> root settings in es? You have to tick them all. Did you get supersu?

Edited by ljlj, 23 December 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#45 Tzul

Tzul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

ES File explorer doesn't allow higher level access with the up button. if you can suggest a better

As ljlj wrote, you can go to the settings and change that.
Or you can simply touch the "Favorites" button in ES File Explorers and pick "Phone" or "/" there to get to the root directory.

Edited by Tzul, 23 December 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#46 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

To determine if you are rooted download the Android Terminal Emulator, open it and type in SU. If it responds with a # sign then you are rooted.

If you go into your app drawer you should see the superSU app if that is what soulfier used, if not it would probably be the superuser app. In settings you may have to enable the app.

If you are rooted and ES isn't working for you, try ASTRO file manager. I find it to be way better and ES never gave me root access on any device I've used it on.

#47 starkler

starkler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I'm pleased to report that yes this does in fact give root on my latest batch crystal (and I didnt know what i was doing.)
Thanks guys

Edited by starkler, 23 December 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#48 Pasan

Pasan

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

The root works fine on batch 2 Crytals. And ES Explorer does support root browsing, you just have to enable it from the settings.

#49 121208

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Received new crystal today 121208 and the root patch doesn't appear to work.

The process runs as per instructions without error message but just doesnt appear to give root at the end of it.

same, anyone have an answer for 121208?

#50 Miziel

Miziel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

So finally is it possible to root 121208?
Motorola Defy &
Ainol Crystal 121208

#51 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

It should work exactly the same for 121208. Rooting adds a SU binary, Superuser.apk and then sets the permissions for them. When you type "su" into the terminal do you not get "#" back or is the zip failing to even flash?

#52 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

So finally is it possible to root 121208?

It most definately is. My boys have one each of these and I successfully rooted both.

#53 Miziel

Miziel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

I've already rooted my too ;) Forgot to write here :)
Motorola Defy &
Ainol Crystal 121208

#54 lior007

lior007

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

By installing this package you will have Root privileges on your Ainol Crystal tablet.

• Download the Crystal_Root.zip and copy it to a microSD card (do NOT extract it)
  • Charge up the battery in your Crystal, Power Off and remove the charger cable.
  • Insert the microSD card into your Crystal
  • Press and hold the Volume- and the Power button at the same time until the green droid appears
  • In the recovery you can move with the Volume- button, you can select with Power or Volume+
  • Select the apply update from EXT option
  • Select the Crystal_Root.zip, this will install the package
  • Wait for the update to finish
  • Select reboot system now

I've made the process
How can you know for sure ROOT permissions available

#55 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Download Terminal Emulator app, type in "SU" and see if it responds with "#" for root.

#56 mrjepara

mrjepara

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

By installing this package you will have Root privileges on your Ainol Crystal tablet.

• Download the Crystal_Root.zip and copy it to a microSD card (do NOT extract it)
  • Charge up the battery in your Crystal, Power Off and remove the charger cable.
  • Insert the microSD card into your Crystal
  • Press and hold the Volume- and the Power button at the same time until the green droid appears
  • In the recovery you can move with the Volume- button, you can select with Power or Volume+
  • Select the apply update from EXT option
  • Select the Crystal_Root.zip, this will install the package
  • Wait for the update to finish
  • Select reboot system now

I have aionol novo 7 crystal
I had stuck at start up
I tried to follow the steps above, but after the android logo remains stuck and there is no any response.
Please advise

Thanks Very Much

#57 Pratyush Crys

Pratyush Crys

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationKanpur

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hey if anyone hates the SuperSU app (probably got the habit of Superuser app :p) then u can flash my ZIP provided. all r tested by me and working 1000%!

Links removed by Moderator

#58 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Hey if anyone hates the SuperSU app (probably got the habit of Superuser app :p) then u can flash my ZIP provided. all r tested by me and working 1000%!

Links removed be Moderator

Remove your superuser elite zip! It's an you have to pay for it!

Edited by Reimar, 14 January 2013 - 04:20 AM.
Links from quote rmoved

Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Ainol Novo Crystal 7 (batch 2/ 121108)
Pipo M8

#59 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Hey if anyone hates the SuperSU app (probably got the habit of Superuser app ) then u can flash my ZIP provided. all r tested by me and working 1000%!

You have to play by the rules!
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Ainol Novo Crystal 7 (batch 2/ 121108)
Pipo M8

#60 SaSuKe

SaSuKe

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

anyone rooted 121208