Android Tablets Forum banner

Official new AML FW 0921

85K views 221 replies 66 participants last post by  MihaiOzarinschi 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
looking good:
void brush firmware may cause write a very small chance of touch failure touch FW update and can not fix bugs updated power management IC to drive, resolving possible 100 % of capacity problems and are not allowed to charge and discharge electricity bug
touchscreen bug solved?

hopefully they'll release the source of this fw/rom.

#3 ·
Citing from Google's translation:
Code:
<br />
Relative to previous 08xx version of the firmware AML, the main part of the update should be:<br />
<br />
Avoid brush firmware may cause write a very small chance of touch failure touch FW update and can not be repaired bug<br />
2, updated power management IC driver, address not allowed to bug may appear 100% capacity and charge-discharge power<br />
Bluetooth driver update<br />
4, wifi standby policy-related driver updates<br />
<br />
In fact, 0907 above points closed beta has been<br />
<br />
0921 major update in 0907 on the basis of (AML issued some updates):<br />
<br />
1. HDMI audio compatible<br />
2 upgrade finished first adjust the backlight did not respond<br />
3. Accelerate the standby wake speed <br />
The first item seems to be the critical one, but the translation is gibberish. MStrans' version reads

Code:
<br />
1, to avoid brushing the firmware may cause minimal chances to touch invalid write touch FW update and cannot fix bug<br />
2, updated power management IC-driven solution 100% power problems may occur and the charging and discharging power be allowed to bug<br />
3, Bluetooth driver updated<br />
4, WiFi standby policy-driven update<br />
<br />
Several points above 0907 Beta has already been<br />
<br />
At 0921, based on major updates (AML part of updated content):<br />
<br />
1. compatible HDMI audio problem<br />
2. adjust the backlighting for the finished the first time did not respond<br />
3. speed up wake on standby<br />
This is still somewhat Greek to me (the introductory text is delicious!), but together it sounds like to issue causing the TS to be fried has been addressed.
No word about "pop"s and mosquitoes though...

What puzzles me is the size of the package(s) - 189MB is almost twice the size of a normal firmware!
Unfortunately I can get only about 10KB/s from baidu
so there'll be no quick analysis RSN.
All I can see after about 8MB each:
The small file contains a "USB burning tool" (rar, probably exe; and doc) which supposedly will replace the instructions for the "rescue" image (0822)?
I'll stop the download when the small file is complete, and restart later (got to commute now)

#4 ·
I think there is no solution for the pop
PS: Some players have been PM I said the key problem of the sonic boom, and this fact, before a variety of machine variety firmware has appeared, and not specific to the AML program, in AML no perfect solution firmware based on personal recommendations in the set - three "key sound, vibration like sound inside uncheck, then the machine inside several input method set inside a clicking sound and vibration feedback are shut down after more than 90% reduction in daily use sonic boom of personal analysis and vibration or audio amplifier connected to an instant signal may pass specific ways relevant

#5 ·
This is still somewhat Greek to me (the introductory text is delicious!), but together it sounds like to issue causing the TS to be fried has been addressed.
No word about "pop"s and mosquitoes though...

What puzzles me is the size of the package(s) - 189MB is almost twice the size of a normal firmware!
Unfortunately I can get only about 10KB/s from baidu
so there'll be no quick analysis RSN.
All I can see after about 8MB each:
The small file contains a "USB burning tool" (rar, probably exe; and doc) which supposedly will replace the instructions for the "rescue" image (0822)?
I'll stop the download when the small file is complete, and restart later (got to commute now)
[/quote]

seems like the new burning tool is much like samsung's odin...
in help menu u can change the language... then it appears to be simpler to understand what's going on. Also seems like there's a need for a special driver in the 8mb pack so we need to install it. (plug once ->click device poupthingy-> choose location... )

about the post... i dont understand what he said about 0924... and i really want to know.

#7 ·
it looks like 0924 firmware is on its way as well
Still no ing ... So daily tired has day avoid night Shang Forum are, because worried to has on Xia not to, however because today received has 0924 AML upload finishing of 0921 version test firmware and contains has new of machine brush tools, so first made out to hope delicacy of players see 's, however good message is should acquired most late Friday we here of check on thoroughly end has, should on will recovery normal has time every day Shang Forum care has

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone who can translate the Chinese DOC to plain English? (There's a mention of POWER + HOME buttons in there... does this mean that in addition to the well-known POWER + VOLUME combos there's another one yet unknown?)
---Edit: Google translated doc attached---

Here's the file list of the big rar:
Code:
<br />
Archive /srv/lib/Software/Ainol/Fire/Ainol/烈焰0921机刷固件.rar<br />
<br />
Pathname/Comment<br />
                  Size   Packed Ratio  Date   Time     Attr      CRC   Meth Ver<br />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />
 ....0921..ˢ../config_progress.xml<br />
                  1419      492  34% 21-09-12 14:00  .....A.   4BA5EEAB m3g 2.9<br />
 ....0921..ˢ../patch_ainol_e4.zip<br />
              92437001 91543605  99% 10-08-12 10:57  .....A.   CFF64013 m3g 2.9<br />
 ....0921..ˢ../u-boot-orig.bin<br />
                500608   190706  38% 20-09-12 18:51  .....A.   5D6C76E8 m3g 2.9<br />
 ....0921..ˢ../uImage_usb_burning<br />
               4002649  4002649 100% 20-09-12 14:15  .....A.   873F88FF m0g 2.9<br />
 ....0921..ˢ../update_qimei.zip<br />
              105342507 102824848  97% 21-09-12 11:09  .....A.   95DFB2F0 m3g 2.9<br />
 ....0921..ˢ../usb_spl.bin<br />
                 18456    11979  64% 20-09-12 18:51  .....A.   0AFF5D38 m3g 2.9<br />
 ....0921..ˢ..<br />
                     0        0   0% 24-09-12 18:31  .D.....   00000000 m0  2.0<br />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />
    7        202302640 198574279  98%<br />
"update_qimei.zip" is the firmware part, let's see whether there's space left on my disk to unpack it...
"uImage_ucb_burning" seems to be a (recovery-type) kernel for, well the name already tells us...
"patch_ainol_e4.zip" contains some more apps and libs (but GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter is still missing, as are some of the /etc/permissions files, a lot of work left for people like Feiyu and Pat)

config_progress.xml:
Code:
<br />
<progress_configs><br />
        <command sn="0" path="usb_spl.bin" address="0xd9000000" run="true">load spl</command><br />
        <command sn="1" path="u-boot-orig.bin" address="0x8f800000" run="true">load uboot</command><br />
        <command sn="2" >crc 0x8f800000 size value</command><br />
        <command sn="3" >run 0x8f800000</command><br />
        <command sn="4">set_chgcur 0</command><br />
        <command sn="5">video dev bl_off</command><br />
        <command sn="6">video dev disable</command><br />
        <command sn="7">sf probe 2</command><br />
        <command sn="8">sf erase 0 100000</command><br />
        <command sn="9">nand erase 4000000</command><br />
        <command sn="10">defenv</command><br />
        <command sn="11">setenv bootargs ${bootargs} a9_clk_max=600000000</command><br />
        <command sn="12" cmd="setenv recovery_command --usb_burning" address="0x82000000">load addr</command><br />
        <command sn="13">cmd_in_mem 0x82000000</command><br />
        <command sn="14">save</command><br />
        <command sn="15" path="uImage_usb_burning" address="0x82000000" run="false">load uimage</command><br />
        <command sn="16" >crc 0x82000000 size value</command><br />
        <command sn="17">bootm 0x82000000</command><br />
        <command sn="18">wipe_data</command><br />
        <command sn="19">wipe_cache</command><br />
        <command sn="20" count="150">update:update_qimei.zip</command><br />
        <command sn="21" count="150">update:patch_ainol_e4.zip</command><br />
        <command sn="22">copy_media</command><br />
        <command sn="23">shutdown</command><br />
</progress_configs><br />
- that's the order of actions to be performed, with all the components and their locations in memory!

All in all a very interesting set of files...

Attachments

#15 ·
But possible to translate from off inol site
Ainol NOVO7 flames 0907 firmware Software category: firmware drivers Published: 2012.09.24
Software Size: 189.43 MB
Software version:
Applicable products: NOVO7 flames Operating system: Win98/Me, Win2000, Win2003, the Win2008, WinXP, Vista, Windows 7
Software Language: Simplified Chinese Views: 100
Downloads: 187

Note: before upgrade
1, before upgrading to ensure that the machine has more than 40% of the electricity or USB charger
2, prepare a 2G/1G TF card
3, the user is ready to TF card please formatted FAT32 format
4, the to Aino official website to download the latest firmware package, after extracting a few files
5, unzip the file copy to the formatted TF card

This version firmware major improvements:
A pop-up menu in the status bar added automatically adjust the backlight
2. AXP to use the new driver
3. Wifi standby policy update
4 Bluetooth headset cause video playback card
5. TP reset control
6 flash shutdown when the flash
7. Improve the sound put the largest native plug headphones loud enough
8. Brightness adjusted to a value of 255
9 improve Gsensor reaction insensitive
10. Improve the machine is shut down after plugging in the charger without charging icon

Upgrade steps
1, TF card into the machine TF card slot
2, while holding down the power button and noise reduction key to enter the upgrade mode
3 upgrade screen
See Download firmware the package upgrade method document

#17 ·
I've had a look through a Google translation of the burning tool doc - looks like something AMLogic provide to their systems integrators to flash the BIOS onto non-volatile RAM on the production line. I would strongly suspect that failing to follow the procedure with 100% diligence would result in a severely bricked tablet! I'm not doing anything with that until we have a properly translated English version of the document, and probably an official relase of the firmware rather than some leaked beta thrown up onto a forum by a user.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
the 0907 is the official update, looking at it, flashed using the usual procedure.

the 0921 is a beta (is it straight from amlogic?) using the lowlevel tools, changes from the 0907 version appear to be better backlight control, faster wakeup, and hdmi fixes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.