• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 OatCPE

OatCPE

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

I got a bad NEWS to share.

1. Custom ROM with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) will naver come to Ampe A10/Sanei N10.
Only JB ROM that can install in Ampe A10/Sanei N10 is "CM10" but It have a problem with H/W decoder, you can't play hd in Ampe A10/Sanei N10 anymore.

Another Update for CM10 and AOKP will naver come too. Since "Christian Troy" declare in CM10 pagem that they (he and team) will naver continue develop any rom for Allwinner A10 anymore.

2. Stock ROM for Ampe A10/Sanei N10 may no any new update anymore. Since Ampe/Sanei launch NEW Ampe A10/Sanei N10 with quad-core edition.
New Ampe A10/Sanei N10 quad-core edition comewith new type of CPU and GPU. And come with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) Stock ROM.

#2 emilios

emilios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

yes i saw it to, its ok and i think that they give ine last good rom.
by the way the new a10 has 1.2 ghz cuadcire but about gpu i sde that it has the standard chipset mali400. also i see that some allwinner tablets out there are with 16 core gpu as mali400 MP4.
what aboyt it
by the way if the dont make a better rom for our one core a10 then next tablet would not be from them for sure

#3 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

I admit I made a huge mistake by ordering a single-core tablet... Multi-cores are so much more powerful by comparison.

by the way if the dont make a better rom for our one core a10 then next tablet would not be from them for sure

+1 if they don't make a jelly bean build for their older devices just because they're working on more powerful devices, then I definitely wouldn't buy their products again.

It's a shame that Christian Troy stopped working on A10. But maybe someone else will take his place, some day. :p

#4 cmx

cmx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Ahh man, wtf...
Wasted some money on the hope of a cheap tablet. They could at least release a stable and lag-free firmware for A10/N10.
Guess I learned my lesson...

#5 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

To add insult to injury, I just saw Ampe A10 quad-core for $209 which isn't much more than what I paid for my single-core. Sigh.

#6 emilios

emilios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

I admit I made a huge mistake by ordering a single-core tablet... Multi-cores are so much more powerful by comparison.

this exactly i said when i start work my tab , really , if it wasnt the apex launcher i will be 100% unhappy by my tab .
i should had took a multicore .
meaby for this reason they stop work on ot , cause it dosent worth is , i guess that a single core tablet to be good it need an awesome coding o compination to not be stoped by small tiny bags , that i guess .

#7 abuzaid

abuzaid

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

That is indeed bad news. I wish now that I have waited a bit before I bought mine. I was hoping to get a decent tablet but I am disappointed with the result. I also will refrain from buying their products again if they will not continue the support for the single core processors. Shame, really.

#8 druidroid

druidroid

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Ahh man, wtf...
Wasted some money on the hope of a cheap tablet. They could at least release a stable and lag-free firmware for A10/N10.
Guess I learned my lesson...

You are not alone, while I was awaiting delivery I found out about the QUAD [not really thinking about it], then realised the mistake!

In this market in particular, it probably is worth buy a GOOD MAKE 'second hand' from reputable dealer [after checked it is FLASHABLE and a developer is working on it!

Edited by druidroid, 30 September 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#9 jeanne085

jeanne085

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

You are not alone, while I was awaiting delivery I found out about the QUAD [not really thinking about it], then realised the mistake!

In this market in particular, it probably is worth buy a GOOD MAKE 'second hand' from reputable dealer [after checked it is FLASHABLE and a developer is working on it!

WOW I wish I understood just what it is you guys mean. It sounds like I didn't do enough research on this before I bought it. Though I still would not know what a dual core quad core & all that means. It sounds like the AMPE A10 was a bad purchase & I won't be able to get it to work smoothly? that is very upsetting.

#10 emilios

emilios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

till now 4.0.4 it remains beta :(

#11 ralsen82

ralsen82

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

This tablet had been a very bad choice... more than a cheap tablet it is an expensive digital picture frame ;-)

I will wait for a nexus 7 with 3g before I buy a tablet again ;-)

#12 K.M.

K.M.

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

I am a totally non technical person and just want to put forward a layman's thought. I am also disappointed like you people for having bought a single core sanei n10 without knowing that the quadcore will be out so soon. In the market there are gadgets available such as MK808, which have just the processing units, but not the input mechanism and the display. Is it possible in some way to attach them to the existing tablets with relatively older processors, make them use the touchscreen and display of the tablets, thus making the old tablet more powerful? Again, it is a non technical person's wishful thought.
I also want to know whether one can test different firmwares just by installing the firmware images onto the sd card and booting from that, instead of exposing the full tablet to the installation process.

#13 tamar

tamar

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

I new with my sanei n10 and android system.
Is there an apllication that I make a full backup and will be possible to
restore my device after total crashing.Is there a recommend free software like this?
Can I make "format" (like in windows),or "hard reset" (like in windows mobile)
and after that posible to reboot my device?
Thank you.

#14 Norteno del Sur

Norteno del Sur

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Ow... that its really bad news...
I never gonna buy an AMPE pad again... I learn my lesson. I really dont like it!
Im gonna go with ainol...

#15 gordan0810

gordan0810

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Hello,

just my thoughts,

I both my Sanei n10 single core in June this year. In that time there was no any rumor about quad core or even dual core (both existing now).

Overall I was satisfied with it, performance wise. I was more dissapointed with Android and its lagging and nonresponsive behavior. I am iPhone 4 user and never experienced lagging or unresponsive ui. I asked other of my friends having android phones (HTC and Samsung) and they confirmed to me that they are experiencing lagging.

Anyhow I was using it for HD video (mkv movies), reading books and some browsing during summer and it was more than positive.

Recently I found out for quad core, so luckily for me I was able to sold single core and now received quad core.
But, if I was not able to sold it, I will be happy with Sanei n10 single core. and never look for quad core. Linux for it will be huge plus, but did not found any.

Gordan

#16 suffix

suffix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Been thinking about trying to sell my A10 for like $100ish and buy a quad core, but I'm not sure if it's worth it? Sanei's quad core isn't very smooth I've read (not surprised). I've seen that quad cores can get up to 3-4 times better benchmark scores, but how does the overall performance compare? Should I focus on Tegra-based devices if I want to play games?

#17 Kingsman1

Kingsman1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Interestingly, I am preparing to buy a new tablet. I have had two Zenithink tablets. The one I am using now is the Upgraded C91, and been generally pleased with its performance. The OS has gone from Android 2.3 to perhaps 7 iterations of Ice Cream Sandwich besides the custom rom developments right here on Slatedroid. Am I angry that Zenithink isn't going to release Jellybean for this wonderful tablet-No! I'm a little disappointed, but not angry.

Unfortunately, due to tech innovation, I am getting ready to upgrade

I've looked at the Zenithink C94 as a replacement, then found the Ampe A10 Quad Core tablet. There are similarities, they both use the same multi-core CPU, that seems to be where the similarity ends. The Ampe appears to have a better screen, and higher battery charge as well as a metal back. I know what to expect from Zenithink as far as general construction, and tech support. This has me seriously prejudiced. I know that it will serve me well. However, I would like to gain a sense of familiarity with the Ampe since it seems to have some clear tech superiority over the Zenithink.

What is the build quality like? Are they shipping with Jellybean installed yet? Where can I look to find out what sort of after market support is available? I want to know why I should buy the Ampe A10 Quad Core instead of the Zenithink C94. I've not seen more than one in depth review of either tablet. Come on now, some of you have the Ampe A10 Quad Core tablet. Talk to me. The Ampe is almost a total unknown to me.
Model Number: Ampe A10 Quad Core Freescale i.MX6Q
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel version: 3.0.35-02345-g411d6f6-dirty
Build number: 13.4rc2 Ver 1.58b
Running under "CityAceE R1.5 Ver. A"

#18 heessie

heessie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

@kingsman1
The new ampe a10 quadcore, sanei n10 quadcore and the HiApad f10 quadcore are all the same. I own the Ampe a10 quad and it runs like a charm. Massive 3d games play without any glitches (yet).
It's very fast. Browser was fast in the beginning but wears off after a couple of weeks use. Guess a cache problem. Overall a great tablet but there are still glitches that irritate me.
#1: Most of the dealers sell them with android 4.1.......? Well they don't. they just want to lure into buying this tab. stock rom is 4.0.4!!!!!!!!
#2: After full charge of battery, power supply drops to 60% in less then an hour (not just my tablet, but every single tablet of this model, sanei, ampe or hiapad) percentages will vary per user.
#3: Spontanious blackout or reboots after charging battery.

I know that HiApad is the original manufacturer of this type/model tablet but they are very vague when to release jellybean for this tab. they say they have jellybean allready but they can't release because of freescale.
And that's where the explaining why not stops...... Radio silence at hiapad.

In short, if you want my opinion, i'd stay away from these quadcore models for now. At least untill they actually DO ship with jellybean and fixed the power management.

#19 fatal.lordes

fatal.lordes

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

To add to this, I've been looking at the Sanei N83 Dual Core 8" tablet. Again, everything seems really good, BUT the battery just chews through too fast. Have a friend who has one and they set brightness to 100% (daytime viewing) and turned everything else off (no wifi, no apps running, etc). Set the screen to not turn off until after 30 mins and kept it awake but single tap on screen, but battery drained from fully charged to zip in just over two hours!!! Imagine if you were actually doing something, you'd have to be constantly tethered to power cord! Not sure if the single core are the same - perhaps this is just the glitch with the dual as they are fairly new out and Sanei haven't fixed power management yet, but I wont be buying at that poor performance...

#20 ork67

ork67

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Hi there all ampe a10 single core owners,I have had my device since september 2012.
I to have thought about a dual core/quad core upgrade. If you have time read on:

I can see by reading through this topic a lot of unhappy single core users.
Well all i can say is i am very happy with my tab. I have this tab rooted with CWM Recovery in place running Sanei 404 upgrade released in november 2012
and i have not had a single glitch freezeup or crash other than the known problems.ie trying to type in stuff and selecting aps ect while charging.I always use Opera mini browser as secondary browser find it fast and good for down loads,put stock browser on Android in settings for IPlayers[BBC, ITV Player]this is for uk users ect.very little or no lag found with browsers with this set up. Prior to this i ran Christian Troys AOKP Rom [thank you]rooted with Tasselhofs root guide.
[thank you] All this was put together by following Suffix Installation guide for Ampe A10/SaneiN10 [thank you]
AOKP i found to be a great rom and i will revert back to it from time to time
However if you have not given the Sanei 404 upgrade a run give it a shot before you trash your Ampe A10 to the bin or secondhand land.I find it compares well with all the custom roms out there and the lagging issue seems to have been resolved somewhat!also battery life is acceptable even with wifi left on
As a footnote i went through all this rom switching and upgrading with my Zenithink C91 upgade and NATPC M009S upgrade, i am allso very happy with how they
have turned out.All information on these tabs and how to improve them can be found on Slatedroid Forums.Thank you for all your input people you have put some fun into my Chinese gadget adventure.
ZT282 c91 upgrade M3C91-1A :-ROM [try all as the mode takes ]:-CURRENT:- 0818 upgrade mod with 1.4ghz kernel [thank you Omaruhum]
NATPC M009S 7inch 8ghz upgrade:- stock rom