Cube U9GT5 Retina Screen!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 ivaa

ivaa

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

fyi: similar one has been discussed already here: http://www.slatedroi...-retina-tablet/

#22 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

I wouldn't recommend any 'retina screen' tablets to anyone, simply because:
1. High (really high) resolution = much less battery backup.
2. The high resolution will make the GPU work even harder; performance will go down (benchmarks confirm this; 'retina' tablets have an AnTuTu score of around 5900-6000 as opposed to 8300 for 1024x768 (9.7") and around 7900 for 1200x800 (10.1") tablets with the same chip.) - in simple terms, graphic intensive games won't run smooth.

Just my two cents. I don't own any retina screen tablets, views based on reading and experiences.

Sent from my LG Optimus One using Tapatalk 2

#23 doctorm

doctorm

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

i still not found any information if the new retina tables are really '' retina'' or just 1600 x 1200 display as it shows in some video in antutu test. So i suggest to be wait until we know what it is really happening.

#24 garlum

garlum

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Good points made there about performance. I'll hopefully get another chance to use a Pipo Max M1 again this weekend. I'll be able to assess whether it is the one to go for rather than spending extra on a super hi-res screen, which as you rightly say will require additional processing power and therefore battery juice. I use an iPhone 4S issued to me by my workplace and I've also briefly used an iPad 3. The "Retina" screen makes sense on the iPhone because it's really small and you need to fit much more in a tiny space, but I was less convinced on the iPad. It was very nice to look at but didn't seem to enhance productivity in the brief time I used it.

#25 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

a review on imp3 (in chinese) : screen comparison with the nexus 7

http://bbs.imp3.net/...796323-1-1.html

google translation : somewhat understandable

Advantage

retina + ips display
10000 mAh battery (now in charge, I play most of the day)
Said male mold, but pretty good work
.... Perhaps there are outstanding advantages, but one time I did not expect
Shortcoming
In HD mode, running memory was not enough, only a single task to run
In the process of using a huge heat
Button blunt
.... Perhaps highlights the shortcomings, but I also did not expect

Edited by bach0405, 13 October 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#26 avaris246

avaris246

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

It seems Pipo will be coming out with a Retina tablet too, so I would watch for that. Though, don't know when because they are not allowed to sell it yet because some exclusivity agreement with Apple or something like that. But, according to them it is A- grade IPS display. Basically the display is the Ipad 3 display, but rejected ones. Not A+ displays that Ipad uses. That is to keep cost down. So I am assuming all these retina displays are the same. Still should be decent quality though? Just not Apple standard according to Pipo.

Checkout a video interview with Pipo by Charbax here

Edited by avaris246, 13 October 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#27 aludal

aludal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCapitola, CA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'm collecting data, prices, availabilities and videos on these Chinese "Renitas", too: http://fineoils.blogspot.com
fineoils.blogspot.com or Fine Oils, I'm maroger there

#28 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Said male mold, but pretty good work
.... Perhaps there are outstanding advantages, but one time I did not expect
Shortcoming
In HD mode, running memory was not enough, only a single task to run
In the process of using a huge heat
Button blunt
.... Perhaps highlights the shortcomings, but I also did not expect

I think the tablet works in two modes; SD and HD, and that the tablet works for long hours with a single charge in SD mode?

#29 Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

A couple of bigger online sites have claimed to have these in stock according to the order pages.... yet I have not seen one person who actually has one (except the Pandawill y o u t u b e video) I ordered one too on the 14th from I p a d a l t e r n a t I v e. Yet I get no response from them when I ask if it is really in stock and if they send it from their store in England or just order one from another China seller and have it sent to the buyer... I am thinking the latter. This is my 3rd tablet I am having trouble getting a straight answer on... the other two G r e a t G a d g e t s and Ali E xpress seller U go0dbuy lied and said they had tablets in stock when they never did. If I could offer any advice... buy a tablet from a local store that has them in stock. The P ayPal and A li express refund processes are a nightmare. P ay pal took over 50 days to get my money back and A li express has taken over two weeks now. If and when I do get this mystical tablet (maybe around Christmas time) I will be sure to review it here.
thanks,
Charles

Edit : I just realized I padalternative is based in Taipei Taiwan after reading their "about us" page on their website. Their website is sort of misleading... it makes it look like they are based in England. Oh well hopefully they will have the great customer service they claim to have. Still no email back to let me know where my tablet is at :(

Edited by Widowmaker, 17 October 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#30 aludal

aludal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCapitola, CA

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

A couple of bigger online sites have claimed to have these in stock according to the order pages.... yet I have not seen one person who actually has one (except the Pandawill y o u t u b e video) I ordered one too on the 14th from I p a d a l t e r n a t I v e. Yet I get no response from them when I ask if it is really in stock and if they send it from their store in England or just order one from another China seller and have it sent to the buyer... I am thinking the latter. This is my 3rd tablet I am having trouble getting a straight answer on... the other two G r e a t G a d g e t s and Ali E xpress seller U go0dbuy lied and said they had tablets in stock when they never did. If I could offer any advice... buy a tablet from a local store that has them in stock. The P ayPal and A li express refund processes are a nightmare. P ay pal took over 50 days to get my money back and A li express has taken over two weeks now. If and when I do get this mystical tablet (maybe around Christmas time) I will be sure to review it here.
thanks,
Charles

Edit : I just realized I padalternative is based in Taipei Taiwan after reading their "about us" page on their website. Their website is sort of misleading... it makes it look like they are based in England. Oh well hopefully they will have the great customer service they claim to have. Still no email back to let me know where my tablet is at :(

Good info! But I'm afraid anybody can name a solid, reliable Chinese/Taiwanese store, and Cubes U9GT V didn't arrive to many of them, leave alone Europe, UK, or US. It's too early. Meanwhile, you can check the latest video I've found: http://fineoils.blogspot.com. I'm also of an opinion, that this Retina slate which has 1K wholesale price of $158 a pop should be sold below $200 with free shipping.

fineoils.blogspot.com or Fine Oils, I'm maroger there

#31 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

I might pass on the retina screens for now. Have a look here...

http://tabletrepubli...read.php?t=3021

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#32 Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

I might pass on the retina screens for now. Have a look here...

http://tabletrepubli...read.php?t=3021

Jez

I agree. I canceled my order with Ipadalternative. I dont want to be a Beta tester for first gen china retinal screens. After spending three months here and many hours reading all the problems with the china tabs available to me only via mail... and nowhere cheap to return for problems I have finally decided to bite the bullet and get the mackdaddy android tablet the Asus Transformer Prime Infinity tablet from my local Best Buy store. Yes its $200 more than these questionable HD tablets but it has a terrific following with great 5 star reviews and they have it in stock for REAL Yay! Unlike half these con-artist pyramid scheme china underground sellers. It will be a super HD tablet that actually works like it's supossed to. And it has a working HDMI output too. Off to the store now :)

#33 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Ramos W30HD with a 2GB RAM could be the minimal specs for a full HD display (1920 * 1200). But as it is written in tablet republic, it is better to wait at least the second production batch.

#34 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Ramos W30HD with a 2GB RAM could be the minimal specs for a full HD display (1920 * 1200). But as it is written in tablet republic, it is better to wait at least the second production batch.

Agreed bach, that's the one I am waiting for too.

Jez

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2