Android Tablets Forum banner

The battery life myth

12K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  darkvader_09 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Ya know,

I found out kinda the hard way that no matter the rating on your battery, it's how you use your tablet that determines how well your battery functions. If you use your tablet day and night, your tablet will never fully charge, and eventually will only hold a minimum change. To rectify this, get Juice Defender and follow the directions. In the last 48 hours I've been able to reclaim a significant percentage of my battery life.

#7 ·
What I have noticed personally is that the products made quality and not quanity have a much larger battery life. As if your not only paying $500 for a iPad but also for a 10 hour battery. My Pandigital only cost $75 and its battery lasts about 4 or 5 hours max while I'm trying t play games or look things on the internet. I'm not sure where my Pandigital is made, most likely an Asian country, but I know that the battery life is kind of annoying at times.

#8 ·
That's true! About the iPad!! But it's also true that you didn't get on the iPad:
  • USB connector
  • SD/TF Card Reader
which also leads to longer use of Battery because of lesser power consumption!

#11 ·
To talk about the battery life we have to take into consideration the hardware, the software and the activity or process we perform on our tab. The activity or process is the standard that we use to evaluate the hardware-software integration.
A great recent example of the importance of software integration in battery life is the update the nexus 7 is receiving now, which increases the battery life between 12-25% more (from 8 hours to 10 on the official specs page).
I think the Chinese tabs have great hardware, but the software lacks the development and integration that we find in "brand" products. This doesn't seem to be changing in the near future because we se Chinese manufacturers "randomly" changing soc's in every next line of tabs (from allwinner, to amlogic, later actions, to rockchip, omap, and so on). I think that if Chinese tab manufacturers stood up to a soc's line and get involved in at least the planning of that soc sharing the experiences they had with the last line, they would integrate better and easier the hardware and the software. They only need to do a better work developing business relationships.
Well, I've ended a little off topic... XD Sorry. XD

Enviado desde mi NookColor usando Tapatalk 2

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is a hard call to make -
one can obviously go by the rated battery capacity -
and if all things were equal then the larger the capacity (obviously - if it's an honest rating) then the longer the battery life.

But as we know not everything is equal -
there are hardware differences -
some may be better designed to conserve battery life -
then there are also Apps that help that as well.

Then there is the actual usage - some apps/functions use more battery than others...

eg: I have have an older Android phone only 2.2 froyo - and a mere 1500mAh battery -

My last usage to 0% - was 11 days 9 hours -
so from that it would be tremendous battery life -
however that's simply because that phone is on standby most of the time, and I even put it into airplane mode when idle....
whereas for most people it is rated to last about a day's usage.

Vincent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.