164 replies to this topic

#121 Behzadx

Behzadx

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAghan boy

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

@Behzadx:
I see. If it can be detected by Moborobo ti should be detected by RKBatch Tool, it shows something in the display when detected, if not all boxes are gray.

Did you go to bootloader mode in your tablet before flashing? I did last time I upgraded using Android Terminal: su, restart bootloader. There are other ways to enter bootloader mode by combination of power & volume + keys,etc. but I never tried any of those yet.

I hope I'm helping, not confusing you.

Thank you dear friend.
My problem solved with help you.
I used ABD command and go to BOOT-LOADER.this method is work.
but i tried with (POWER + VOLUME UP) but this not working for me.
and now RKBatch detect my device.

Attached Files

#122 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

No big deal. You're welcome. :D
  • Behzadx likes this
| Hyundai Hold X | 16GB | No Bluetooth |

#123 Behzadx

Behzadx

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAghan boy

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hi guy
I got install CWM in my tablet
its work without problem.
My tablet is HYUNDAI HOLD X 8G (Without bluetooth)
Android version : 4.1.1
Kernel version : 3.0.8+
I rooted devices with ZhuoDaShi.
Install BusyBox 6.5 Pro.
and Install CWM with this method.
http://androtab.info

thanks fun_ & geoRG77

#124 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Nice to know that you have made big progress with flashing your Hold X.

Which CWM ROM have you installed? Is it better than the stock ROM (pre-installed in the tablet)?

#125 Behzadx

Behzadx

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAghan boy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

no I don't install anything.
i tested backup and recovery.it's work.
i want to install Ubuntu on my tablet.

#126 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Oh okay. Please share in this forum when you're done. Should be interesting to run Linux in our Hold X!

#127 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

... but i tried with (POWER + VOLUME UP) but this not working for me.
and now RKBatch detect my device.

Turns out that the easiest way to get into bootloader mode is through volume up (+) ...
  • Power off/shutdown tablet totally (not sleep mode) by power off hardware button or shutdown application.
  • While power off, press & hold volume up (+) hardware button. Tablet is now in bootloader mode.
  • Do not release volume up (+) button, connect USB cable to tablet & PC/Notebook.
  • When you hear the USB device detected in your PC/Notebook you are ready to flash. Launch RKBatch Tool & verify if tablet is connected & detected.
The procedure is useful if you don't have the Android Terminal installed and cant run: su, boot bootloader (tablet must be rooted) like when my WiFi is dead & can't download-install.

Edited by rockhold_x, 10 February 2013 - 08:09 PM.

• Behzadx likes this

#128 The Incinerator

The Incinerator

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Two things I wanna share....

The Hyundai Tablet (Non Bluetooth Version) never reaches its full battery charge up to 100%. It stops at 81% or max 90%. How do I get around this problem?

Secondly,if I charge the TAB even when its shutdown,it will power up and boot in Android as soon as I plug in the power cable. Is it Normal?

#129 gerstavros

gerstavros

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Two things I wanna share....

The Hyundai Tablet (Non Bluetooth Version) never reaches its full battery charge up to 100%. It stops at 81% or max 90%. How do I get around this problem?

Secondly,if I charge the TAB even when its shutdown,it will power up and boot in Android as soon as I plug in the power cable. Is it Normal?

1. Callibrate battery stats
2. It's normall on every rk3066

#130 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

@The Incinerator:
  • My Hold X charges full at 100% no issue like yours.
  • It does power up when charged while shutdown. It also restarts instead of power off when battery charger is plugged in. Both are not issues for me.

#131 Behzadx

Behzadx

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAghan boy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Turns out that the easiest way to get into bootloader mode is through volume up (+) ...

• Power off/shutdown tablet totally (not sleep mode) by power off hardware button or shutdown application.
  • While power off, press & hold volume up (+) hardware button. Tablet is now in bootloader mode.
  • Do not release volume up (+) button, connect USB cable to tablet & PC/Notebook.
  • When you hear the USB device detected in your PC/Notebook you are ready to flash. Launch RKBatch Tool & verify if tablet is connected & detected.
The procedure is useful if you don't have the Android Terminal installed and cant run: su, boot bootloader (tablet must be rooted) like when my WiFi is dead & can't download-install.

thank you again.
you say true.its work.i tried go to Boot-loader form wrong way.
Shutdown tablet.press POWER Button + VOLUME UP and release both and connect USB cable.
and is not work.(devices detected but not install with any driver)
i use your method and its working for me.
Linux UBUNTU released for RK3066 cheapset.(But is not official)
its work on "MK802 III" devices with dualboot.(a tv box dangle with android system and hardware very smiler with hold x)
And installation methods are available on this site (RK802 forum)
i think this work on my device with a little change on recovery file.
I'm working on it , Perhaps succeed.

Edited by Behzadx, 11 February 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#132 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Good luck Behzadx!
Let us know when you have succeeded in installing Linux in Hold X.

#133 The Incinerator

The Incinerator

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Thanks , gerstavros & rockhold_x......I would calibrate the battery and check.

#134 The Incinerator

The Incinerator

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

No matter what the X700 wont charge beyond 41% !!! It shows charging in the tool bar but it does not and the charge keeps going down even with the adpter plugged in!!!. Battery calibration software wont do anything as it says "Charge till 100%". But the tab wont ever reach 100%. What to do?

#135 kosta

kosta

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

Hi guys!

i joined this site cause i also have hold x and a big battery problem with it.

my battery charges up to 100% normally, and it gives me round 2-5 hrs of use, depending what i'm doing, and i think that's fine. the problem is battery drain when tablet is locked, and its HUGE drain. it goes from 100% to flat 0 just through one night. it drives me nuts, and this cant be normal.

when i look in settings/battery it shows full blue line on Wake, doest it mean that device is always wake, and if is why it's doing it. i tried few apps to force sleep, but its no use. blue line is always there.

another thing, i think that rkbatchtool doesnt work on win 8, cause no matter what i do, it doesnt recognize my tablet, and device manager says that drivers are up to date. windows can see tablet normally, moroboro works fine, i tried root with chinese app and superoneclick, i have root access.

method i used to get new firmware is through micro sd card and power-vol+ buttons. but there are no improvements, battery life on standby is crap. i like performance of this tablet, but i feel i'll smash it into wall if i can't work this battery thing up soon.

pls help and give me some solution, would cmw work on this tablet, and would it solve my issues?

#136 The Incinerator

The Incinerator

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

I bought my TAB from Merimobiles, I have forwarded them a mail regarding the battery problem. I want to see the resolution.Lets hope for the best. I will try a different charger too.Even Im having the drain problem as yours from 40% to 1% in one night!

#137 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

No matter what the X700 wont charge beyond 41% !!! It shows charging in the tool bar but it does not and the charge keeps going down even with the adpter plugged in!!!. Battery calibration software wont do anything as it says "Charge till 100%". But the tab wont ever reach 100%. What to do?

It's either the charger or the battery, but you may try gerstavros suggestion to calibrate/delete battery stats first before proceeding with any replacement.

I found this link, but haven't tried it yet. It also requires charging to 100% but just assume that 40% is your 1oo%.

Edited by rockhold_x, 15 February 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#138 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

.... the problem is battery drain when tablet is locked, and its HUGE drain. it goes from 100% to flat 0 just through one night. it drives me nuts, and this cant be normal.

.....Even Im having the drain problem as yours from 40% to 1% in one night!

I used to have huge battery drain problem before due to tablet 'waking up' intermittently. Hold X will be very warm in the morning & battery is drained. Found out that SD card is causing the problem of intermittent 'wake up' problem. But, the real problem is one with the apps I installed, unfortunately I flashed the device & was not able to find which one is causing the issue.

After flash, I reinstalled only the apps I needed & I can now insert & use SD card without any problem. My normal tablet usage is also from 2 - hours depending on what I'm using it for. Continuous internet browsing gives me 4 hrs 20 min battery life.

Btw, my Hold X is 16Gb no-bluetooth with November 2012 firmware from Brodi's firmware page.

Edited by rockhold_x, 15 February 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#139 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

another thing, i think that rkbatchtool doesnt work on win 8, cause no matter what i do, it doesnt recognize my tablet, and device manager says that drivers are up to date. windows can see tablet normally, moroboro works fine, i tried root with chinese app and superoneclick, i have root access.

pls help and give me some solution, would cmw work on this tablet, and would it solve my issues?

RKBatchtool works fine with Windows 8. I already flashed twice successfully using it under Windows 8. I heard rooting by Zhuodashi app is not reliable so I used "Root by Bin4ry" (please try to Google as I can't upload). works perfectly fine for me. Your tablet must be in bootloader mode in order to be 'seen' by RKBatchTool. Follow Brodi's procedure in Firmware thread or simply power off tablet, press & hold volume + button & don't release until after you have connected your tablet to PC/notebook via USB.

I'm not aware of a CWM customized ROM for Hold X and even if there is, it's version is probably ICS not Jellybean. Share with us if you find one.

#140 rockhold_x

rockhold_x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAsia Pacific

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hold X issues:
Other than the above issues for Hold X, there is also weak WiFi reception. Some RK3066 users of other brands (Pipo M3 in SLD forum) have successfully solved the issue by opening the tablet & replacement of built-in WiFi antenna with those models found in Notebooks (Tyco, I think). Not advisable for the non-techie inclined.

There is also a 'sleep of death' issue where tablet will not power on after it goes to standby ('sleep'). In my case,a screen power off widget is the source of the problem. Uninstalled the widget & everything is now back to normal.