Hyundai Hold X DualCore 7" IPS Tablet

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#41 stanley.android

stanley.android

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Have you seen or made any imrovements since you rooted the tablet?
And do you know anthing about the firmware on Hyundai's page mentioned above?

I did make any important improvements, because I have no idea what I have to do with root access.
And I have no information about firmware on its website and can't download it. But with root I have deleted some of odd applications and now wants to get it back. But I can't without firmware reflashing. :-(

#42 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

I have used Windows 7 and that version of SuperOneClick - SuperOneClick_WD90II_JB4.1.zip You may download it from here http://4pda.ru/forum...opic&tid=359410
Also yesterday we successfully use SuperOneClick_WD90II_JB4.1.zip on my friend laptop with Ubuntu 12.10 + Mono

And you are completely right! I connect headphones and have hear bloody damn clicks on left channel! And my bluetooth headphones disconnecting/reconnecting with click too. I think we should write about that issue to Hyundai Digital.

Thank you, I'll try those later tonight.

And thanks for confirming I'm not alone with sound problems. It's a bity Hyundai have such issues with otherwise nice tablet. When and where did you order you unit? I got mine from Tinydeal on 29th of October. And they even send me 8gb model instead of 16gb I ordered.

#43 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

you could have taken a picture of the internals for the community..also there is a tutorial around here to improve the wifi for A7HD..it would have been nice to see the differences between HoldX and A7HD..

Ok, here's the pic i promised. I wrote on it where some of the components are positioned

Hyundai Hold X inside

#44 stanley.android

stanley.android

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

When and where did you order you unit? I got mine from Tinydeal on 29th of October. And they even send me 8gb model instead of 16gb I ordered.

LOL! Same shop and very same date! And I received 8Gb instead of 16Gb model. I have open discuss in PayPal about wrong model.

#45 stanley.android

stanley.android

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

And they even send me 8gb model instead of 16gb I ordered.

And I think you SHOULD make report about it on tinydeal Hold X product webpage. Tinydeal MUST make compensation for us for wrong model or something like that!

#46 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

And I think you SHOULD make report about it on tinydeal Hold X product webpage. Tinydeal MUST make compensation for us for wrong model or something like that!

Yes, I should make a complaint but I just don't bother. And I can't even send the tablet back because I opened it and void the warranty. Luckily the monetary loss was low.

So I was thinking using this as long as I get that Nexus 7 (maybe as soon as next week) and then I'll give this to my kids for playing Angry Birds :)

Edited by Moolok, 10 November 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#47 vertigojames

vertigojames

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hello,

Please help me.
I had a Hyundai HoldX 8Gb, but I have a problem.
The charging is not working properly. And the battery indicator incorrectly shows the battery power.
The tablet is discharged ( leastwise according the battery indicator) when the charger is connected. And I disconnected the charger, and the 0% battery power goes to 100%...

What's the problem, and what could be a solution?

#48 OrioniS_PM

OrioniS_PM

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

A few pros

+ 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
+ Really stylish design and full aluminium back plate with good quality of work
+ Play store and Google account work out-of-the-box
+ Bluetooth

A few cons

- Bad sound quality from headphone jack (sound have a weird background noise)
- Bad wifi reception, it drops 20-40% even after few meters if theres a door or a wall between router and tablet
- Chinese bloatware (although they have kept it to minimum)

Hi All

I have the same problem regarding Bluetooth: I need it for serial connection with other peripherals. Only tablet with a bit of power (RK3066) and "good" quality is this Hyundai Hold X, Novo7 Fire/Flame got issues with sound (same here), but X has stronger CPU/GPU...

I think WiFi reception problems on X is due to metal casing as opposite to plastic like on others or simple bad firmware (any other choice as for modding this tablet?) and sound quality on headphone socket probably due to RF interference and metal casing again... I would love to take one apart ;-)... I will...Maybe.

Is there any other RK3066 7" tablet with reasonable QC and ok firmware (or custom firmware) with Bluetooth??

Regards

#49 gerstavros

gerstavros

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi All

I have the same problem regarding Bluetooth: I need it for serial connection with other peripherals. Only tablet with a bit of power (RK3066) and "good" quality is this Hyundai Hold X, Novo7 Fire/Flame got issues with sound (same here), but X has stronger CPU/GPU...

I think WiFi reception problems on X is due to metal casing as opposite to plastic like on others or simple bad firmware (any other choice as for modding this tablet?) and sound quality on headphone socket probably due to RF interference and metal casing again... I would love to take one apart ;-)... I will...Maybe.

Is there any other RK3066 7" tablet with reasonable QC and ok firmware (or custom firmware) with Bluetooth??

Regards

what exactly is the problem with bluetooth? I bought one and i need it for connecting to bluetooth devices for tranfering documents. Will i have any problem? Also, how can we mod the wifi antenna?

#50 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

i just bought one ,, from tinydeals, i have bought many flashlights and stuff from them with no problems ,, we will see, i made a bold message to make sure mine is 16 gb , lol i said it in chinese, and im american, lol i will let u know when i get it and how it goes, i love the size overall is my main reasoning for this one over the rest, the next one i wouldve gotten was the ployer momo7 but it is a bit on the iffy side from what i read on getting too hot and last thing i need is a exploding tablet with my kid arrggghhh

#51 Damian1978

Damian1978

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Hi,

I have the 16 gig version of the Hold X coming today. New firmware came out on 29/11/12 (www.hyundai-digital.cn).

I can't get the link to ever work. It looks like its version 11.17. Can anyone download it or share it?

#52 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

Damian where did u buy from? and let us know how it is and how things are working please , thanks and i hope u get a good one ;)

#53 Damian1978

Damian1978

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hi,

Got mine off a Chinese ########### seller. It has turned up, courtesy of FedEx, but not seen it yet. Does have a sticker on it saying officially opened by FedEx. Hope they didn't touch the tablet. Guess this means I may get a Customs bill??

#54 Damian1978

Damian1978

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hmmm, can we not say E b A Y?
  • gerstavros likes this

#55 Damian1978

Damian1978

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Well its safely arrived in one piece. Seller has included a UK travel adaptor for the Chinese power supply. Also has part English manual.

Box says 4.1 and 16gig so hoping its all ok. Only made on 22/11/12 too!

Just letting it come up to room temperature first as its cold!

#56 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

oh boy, sounds great so far, i wish for u it is awesome and works great , i wait impatiently for your pictures and replies, you should do a small video of it running and stuff i have a couple of tablets to run it against ,, mine still has no shipping confirmation, they guaranteed me i would get before xmas ,, fingers crossed

#57 Damian1978

Damian1978

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Had a quick play.

Defo full Play Store which on its regular firmware is 1 up against my Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II. Plus next to it, it looks quite large and dated.

Have left it charging at the mo but very promising. Audio via my Grado iGrado phones is pretty good. The audio via Ainols standard firmware was awful. Too much interferance.

So, looking good at the mo. Not sure if its got a glass screen? But the filter/protector will have to come off, its creased!

Firmware seems to be from 07/11/12
  • gerstavros likes this

#58 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

which one looks quite large and dated, i was hoping the x would be smaller form and nicer to look at and hold ? thanks for your replies makes me smile :yahoo:

#59 Damian1978

Damian1978

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

The Ainol looks more dated with larger frame and rounded edges :-)
  • madi05 likes this

#60 madi05

madi05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

come on now u have it a day and i know u have played with it by now, whats the verdict my friend? pics side by side to your others? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users