164 replies to this topic

#21 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

I suppose you tried the method below.
http://tabletrepubli...-core-2491.html

If doesn't work, here's what another member did additionally. You can see his post on the page above.

"Installed Superuser then and access grant provided. Working now"

Yes, that is one of the methods I tried.

Biggest problem with this tablet seems to be that none of the usual tools (Moborobo, ZhuDaShi, SuperOneClick) can't identify the device (i.e. those programs can't "see" the tablet). It simply doesn't show on anywhere.

I'm baffled.

#22 TayfunRaider

TayfunRaider

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

What about the Superuser thingy? Did you try that?

#23 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

What about the Superuser thingy? Did you try that?

Superuser requires that the device is already rooted.

The above mentioned member who used Superuser had already rooted his tablet (the same way I was trying) but only after using Superuser he managed to finish the job. I can't even get started :(

#24 TayfunRaider

TayfunRaider

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hmm. What could be the problem? Some people have managed to root, but others haven't.

A few cons

- Bad sound quality from headphone jack (sound have a weird background noise)
- Bad wifi reception, it drops 20-40% even after few meters if theres a door or a wall between router and tablet
- Chinese bloatware (although they have kept it to minimum)

Is it possible for the above problems to be fixed with a firmware upgrade btw?

#25 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Yes but until Hyundai releases new ROM you're stuck with those issues. A custom rom however can semi-fix those issues though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by WAI, 05 November 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#26 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

Is it possible for the above problems to be fixed with a firmware upgrade btw?

Unfortunately the headphone jack problem is most likely mechanical. It must be a bad soldering job or lousy connection. The left channel has a steady hum on the background. When I pump up the volume it drowns the hum but I don't want to blow my eardrums by doing that.

I managed to find a temporary solution to the bad wifi reception. I made one of those cardboard-tinfoil parabolic reflectors for my router Parabolic reflector for wifi antenna Works nice, it gives about 10-15% boost.

And about Bluetooth... it works kinda funky too. There is a lot of disconnecting/reconnecting with my BT-headset (which btw works just fine with my Android phone). It's a pity my unit have these hardware/software problems with sound: it makes this tablet useless for music and movies. Luckily it works just fine for reading (comics, ebooks) and surfing the web.

Yes but until Hyundai releases new ROM you're stuck with those issues. A custom rom however can semi-fix those issues though

Actually there might be some software update on www.hyundai-digital.cn site but I can't access the page. It might have been taken down or something. Here's the link if somebody wishes to try: Hyundai X700 update?

#27 boofman

boofman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

I believe the Hold X and A7HD have the same chassis / body..if so, a relocation of the wifi antenna inside the case could also work..the same mod to our A7HD improved our wifi about 30%..

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2

#28 boofman

boofman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Also you could try to download Superuser App, to see if the tablet came rooted from the manufacturer..our A7HDs came rooted but did not have Superuser out of the box..

#29 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

I believe the Hold X and A7HD have the same chassis / body..if so, a relocation of the wifi antenna inside the case could also work..the same mod to our A7HD improved our wifi about 30%..

I might consider disasembling my unit and fixing the antenna. I could also take a look at the headphone jack while doing it.

Also you could try to download Superuser App, to see if the tablet came rooted from the manufacturer..our A7HDs came rooted but did not have Superuser out of the box..

I tried that (and Root checker too). Unfortunately with stock ROM the root access is denied.

#30 TayfunRaider

TayfunRaider

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Yes, Moolok. I believe the latest firmware is that one.

Published on 18.10.2012 as seen on the page below. The second link there.

http://www.hyundai-d...d.asp?ClassID=1

Do your tablets show any date firmware related?

Edited by TayfunRaider, 06 November 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#31 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

Published on 18.10.2012 as seen on the page below. The second link there.

http://www.hyundai-d...d.asp?ClassID=1

Do your tablets show any date firmware related?

I don't have the tablet on me a.t.m. I'll check it when I get to home but if memory serves me rigth the FW date was 17.10.2012. But I'll look into it later.

That download page keeps 404 on me :(

EDIT: remebered right: Kernel version Wed Oct 17.

Edited by Moolok, 06 November 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#32 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

I recently bought the Hyundai Hold X (X700) 7" tablet.

I noticed there's a software update on your web page http://www.hyundai-d...p?Meter=1&ID=75

Unfortunately that page keep giving me 404 error. Is the page offline? And when will the update be awailable? Is there an alternative page to download this?

I'd also like to point you that at least on my device there seems to be some problem with Bluetooth. The BT connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Maybe it's some software bug you could look upon next update?

I send the message above to service@hyundai-digital.cn. We shall see if and what they'll answer will be :)

#33 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Yep, here is the same thing :s I'm trying to root my teclast P85 rk3066 using different methods, but the problem is tablet seems not recognized by my windows when I connect it :/
Window fails to install ADB interface :/ problem probably device missing ADB drivers :s

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I read above post from another thread and this is exactly my problem with Hyundai too. My Windows 8 is missing ADB drivers which is why Windows (and Moborobo etc) doesn't recognize my tablet on debugging mode. Without debugging Windows recognises tablet as external storage just fine. I tried to find drivers, even some generic ADB USB drivers, but no luck. Is there some generic RK3066 ADB drivers..?

Any advice? Somebody mentioned trying to install ADB drivers by pressing volume and power button but how is this procedure executed?

#34 stanley.android

stanley.android

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Today I get rooted my Hyundai Hold X easily. There is slightly modified version of SuperOneClick application I fount on 4pda forum. If root procedure still complicated for someone I can upload that version for you.

And I have a question. I am crazy about one damp problem. The problem is sound. When I working on Hold X i listen very silent noises from its audio. And quiet "clicks". When I did not touch anything audio system make quied "click" sound and silence appears. But when i press something I listen another "click" and silent noise for some of time. Did someone has same problem?

#35 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Today I get rooted my Hyundai Hold X easily. There is slightly modified version of SuperOneClick application I fount on 4pda forum. If root procedure still complicated for someone I can upload that version for you.

And I have a question. I am crazy about one damp problem. The problem is sound. When I working on Hold X i listen very silent noises from its audio. And quiet "clicks". When I did not touch anything audio system make quied "click" sound and silence appears. But when i press something I listen another "click" and silent noise for some of time. Did someone has same problem?

Please, that would be great if you'd upload it :)

By the way, are you using which Windows? XP, Vista, 7 or 8?

Are you using bluetooth headphones? Because with BT headphones my Hold X keeps disconnecting/reconnecting which I hear as click, then silence and another click and then sound. With wired headphones I have some hum issues on left channel.

Edited by Moolok, 08 November 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#36 TayfunRaider

TayfunRaider

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Have you seen or made any imrovements since you rooted the tablet?
And do you know anthing about the firmware on Hyundai's page mentioned above?

#37 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Today I opened my Hyundai in hopes I could do something for the wifi antenna and headphone jack.

It was incredibly dumb thing to do :D Seriously, don't do it.

The wifi antenna was this tiny wire with piece of copper at the end of it. And it was placed pretty decently so I think it just is too tiny for the job. Next I tried to see if there was something wrong with the headphone jack. Well, it looked ok: nothing loose or hanging or shorting and soldering was ok too. So it must be defective or something.

So far so good (considering). Problem was putting the thing back together. The metallic backplate was just pressed in place with a touch of stickytape at the short ends. Of course the sticky stuff didn't stick so well anymore so I got not-so-bright idea of using superglue. That was stupid of me in hindsight. I think the vapors from glue wreck havoc inside the tablet since the buttons (power, volume, home) doesn't respond so well anymore. And I still had to put some electric tape to stop the case from opening at the seams.

All in all, heed my cautionary tale.

Nom de plume "I'm gonna get me Nexus 7 come december"

Edited by Moolok, 08 November 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#38 boofman

boofman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

you could have taken a picture of the internals for the community..also there is a tutorial around here to improve the wifi for A7HD..it would have been nice to see the differences between HoldX and A7HD..

#39 Moolok

Moolok

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

you could have taken a picture of the internals for the community..also there is a tutorial around here to improve the wifi for A7HD..it would have been nice to see the differences between HoldX and A7HD..

Sure! I actually took one pic of the insides. I'll try to upload it later.

#40 stanley.android

stanley.android

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Please, that would be great if you'd upload it :)

By the way, are you using which Windows? XP, Vista, 7 or 8?

Are you using bluetooth headphones? Because with BT headphones my Hold X keeps disconnecting/reconnecting which I hear as click, then silence and another click and then sound. With wired headphones I have some hum issues on left channel.

I have used Windows 7 and that version of SuperOneClick - SuperOneClick_WD90II_JB4.1.zip You may download it from here http://4pda.ru/forum...opic&tid=359410
Also yesterday we successfully use SuperOneClick_WD90II_JB4.1.zip on my friend laptop with Ubuntu 12.10 + Mono

And you are completely right! I connect headphones and have hear bloody damn clicks on left channel! And my bluetooth headphones disconnecting/reconnecting with click too. I think we should write about that issue to Hyundai Digital.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users