Cube U23GT and U23GT-S FIRMWARE DIFFERENT HARDWARE

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#21 hsmaheen

hsmaheen

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Has any of you actually got the tablet if so please post a review of the tablet.

Am really confused between going for this and the yuandao n80 dual core. Would be a great help if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance
  • Maverik18 likes this

#22 hsmaheen

hsmaheen

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Do any one of you actually have this tab? if so please post a review or even better a video review ;)

#23 mikele79

mikele79

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

The site cubetablet.com told me that the speakers is the same of u20gt.if it is true ,excellent

#24 metaman1

metaman1

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Here is a review

Edited by metaman1, 09 October 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#25 anton51

anton51

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

I was set to order this Cube 23gt but I decided to order a Pipo max m1 instead, based on Darckrickpr's comments. I still like the idea of the 8" size, but they need to get the battery life a bit better for my taste.

#26 anton51

anton51

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Regarding the Window N80, it doesn't have the rockchip 3066, its the older rk2918. According to the specs on merimobils it has 2 X 3000 mah battery, which sounds good in theory but compared to the other three tabs on the chart it has the worst battery performance. I think long battery life is not just about the size of the battery, just look at how long the Google Nexus can last on its 4325 battery. If the Cube u23gt can live up to its claim of improved battery performance by running cooler/more efficiently then it could be a great little tablet. We just need someone to actually get one and post a detailed review.

#27 hsmaheen

hsmaheen

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Regarding the Window N80, it doesn't have the rockchip 3066, its the older rk2918. According to the specs on merimobils it has 2 X 3000 mah battery, which sounds good in theory but compared to the other three tabs on the chart it has the worst battery performance. I think long battery life is not just about the size of the battery, just look at how long the Google Nexus can last on its 4325 battery. If the Cube u23gt can live up to its claim of improved battery performance by running cooler/more efficiently then it could be a great little tablet. We just need someone to actually get one and post a detailed review.

Well what you are talking about is Window n80 deluxe edition, Google for Window n80 dual core it has rk3066 and 5000 mAh battery and everything else the cube u23gt has.

Only thing I don't like about the Window n80 dual core is that it has three capacitive touch buttons on one of its sides.

Edited by hsmaheen, 10 October 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#28 anton51

anton51

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Well what you are talking about is Window n80 deluxe edition, Google for Window n80 dual core it has rk3066 and 5000 mAh battery and everything else the cube u23gt has.

Only thing I don't like about the Window n80 dual core is that it has three capacitive touch buttons on one of its sides.

Oh, yes you are right. I agree, the three buttons on the side don't quite look right.

#29 mikele79

mikele79

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

hi guys,here there is a custom rom to try : http://www.arctablet...dated-20120926/

#30 gordomorbido

gordomorbido

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

English is not my first language i don't use it very much so please forgive my many mistakes.

I have got this tablet NOT IPS screen that is for sure but not a bad deal for just 125-130 US $.

I have bought it just for resell so i did not touch it too much, very nice speakers, that i can tell, do not have much experience with this devices, so if you want me to run any kind of test, tell me what do you want me to do and i will do it and post the results.

One thing i noticed from the begining, it heats up too fast but i dont take that as a problem, i read the same thing about ainol tablets.

I will try that custom rom thank you.

#31 mikele79

mikele79

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

English is not my first language i don't use it very much so please forgive my many mistakes.

I have got this tablet NOT IPS screen that is for sure but not a bad deal for just 125-130 US $.

I have bought it just for resell so i did not touch it too much, very nice speakers, that i can tell, do not have much experience with this devices, so if you want me to run any kind of test, tell me what do you want me to do and i will do it and post the results.

One thing i noticed from the begining, it heats up too fast but i dont take that as a problem, i read the same thing about ainol tablets.

I will try that custom rom thank you.

Hello.If you try the rom by arctablet.com let me know if it works well.the thickness of the tablet is ultra thin? It really is 10.2 mm?It is as good as tablet?
the battery is good?
Thanks a lot

#32 mikele79

mikele79

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

I ordered this cube.
let me know if you find custom rom
thanks

#33 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

You can try my generickmod it is for cube u20gt based on pipo rom flashed via clockwork recovery and is like a base work with many ics tablet rk3066 im now working on another based n90 and rockx firm all them are ics no jellybean on the cube u23gt or u20gt since the ics kernel they have doent work with jellybean :(

Sent from my HTC VIVID using Tapatalk 2
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#34 gordomorbido

gordomorbido

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hello.If you try the rom by arctablet.com let me know if it works well.the thickness of the tablet is ultra thin? It really is 10.2 mm?It is as good as tablet?
the battery is good?
Thanks a lot

Yes, is that thin, i can´t say about the battery, i was fighting with the Pipo U1 this days (i have received this two at the same time)

I can´t say what is happening with the cube, it´s suppose to have the same chip as the Pipo, but i tried to flash the rom with RKtool and it didn´t recognize the device...while RKtool can recognize the pipo so i don´t know what the problem is....

#35 mikele79

mikele79

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yes, is that thin, i can´t say about the battery, i was fighting with the Pipo U1 this days (i have received this two at the same time)

I can´t say what is happening with the cube, it´s suppose to have the same chip as the Pipo, but i tried to flash the rom with RKtool and it didn´t recognize the device...while RKtool can recognize the pipo so i don´t know what the problem is....

try changing the usb cable that they send along with the tablet is not good.
if you use that.

#36 gordomorbido

gordomorbido

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

try changing the usb cable that they send along with the tablet is not good.
if you use that.

I already try three....

The thing is Moborobo don´t have any problem to recognize the tablet....any ideas?

I did exactly the same steps with the Pipo, shut it down push Volume + and connect it to the pc, Rktool reacts immediately with the Pipo but wont do a *freaking thing with the Cube.....and i already check the volume + button and it works so i have no clue...

UPDATE: Forget everything Pipo U1 will get into flash mode just holding volume + and connecting it to the pc, that is enough for the Rk tool to recognize it, but i read in FMA with cube you have to hold volume + and power for two seconds to get into flash mode, that worked, but i am not sure about the rom, i don´t know if i am understanding it cause the google translation is bad but it seems that in the cube forum people are complaining about the 1.0.3 firmware, i have 1.0.2 and works fine.

Is it possible to install CWM recovery in this device to make a backup before flashing this rom? @darkrickpr do you think i can grab the CWM from your generickmod u20gt topic and install it in this device?

Edited by gordomorbido, 14 October 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#37 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

For the u23gt to load bootloader is powrr tablet off and no usb connecte to it and press and hold -volume and connect the usb cable to the table pc should regoniz and instaal drivers

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#38 gordomorbido

gordomorbido

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

You can try my generickmod it is for cube u20gt based on pipo rom flashed via clockwork recovery and is like a base work with many ics tablet rk3066 im now working on another based n90 and rockx firm all them are ics no jellybean on the cube u23gt or u20gt since the ics kernel they have doent work with jellybean :(

So, do you think i could install Finless CWM in this cube u23gt? Sorry about the question but i don't know if this recovery can be installed in any tablet or should be moddified to work on a different model.

#39 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

Not any recovery but the one is made for the rk3066 chipset so should work with your table i have post a link on my generick mod finles clickwork recover but you will need to get extrack the parameter file from a firmware made for you cube u23gt using wendal tool since i have run th u23firmware on my u20gt could send it.

Edited by darkrickpr, 15 October 2012 - 06:37 AM.

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#40 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

Can you try youtube on ur cube u23 gt and see if theres no buffering problem lag play video cuz for me it work but it just for 1 minute playing the video then need to buffer again it doent load the complete video as it should be.i dont have this kind of problem on my phone its load the video complete and i made another rom based on yuandao n90 4.0.4 and it doent hapend that

Edited by darkrickpr, 15 October 2012 - 12:48 PM.

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE