• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 lightake

lightake

SlateDroid Business Sellers

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

Ramos W30,the first tablet with Samsung's New Quad-core Application Processor,has been launched recently. With strong configuration, stylish appearance and low Official offer price, W30 has attracted the attention of many tablet players. Let’s see what we can find from the electromechanical circuit board diagram.

Posted Image
Ramos W30
We can read much information from mere a piece of PCB.
8 layers of PCB is applied to this PCB,which is rarely seen in Chinese Tablets.In theory,the more layers are,the higher cost is.For pursuing the stability of the device,the company takes great efforts on even the simplest Printing plate.We can see how much expectation you put in the W30.
Posted Image
Exynos 4412 processor with 2GB Samsung DDR3 RAM
Samsung Orion processor is well-known by the costumers because of the global hot sale of the Samsung i9100 (GALAXY SII). And what Ramos chooses is the one named Exynos 4412, which is a newer style of Exynos processor. Exynos 4412 processor has been applied in the three flagship products: Samsung i9300, Samsung Note II , and Samsung Note 10.1. So far as we know, the series of Samsung galaxy devices occupy the majority share in the Android system equipment .
Posted Image
Samsung Exynos 4412 is an quad-core processor with the 32nm process A9 architecture. Compare with Samsung Exynos 4410 dual-core processor, Exynos 4412 goes doubled performance boost out with saving 20% power consumption. Nominal the highest clocked at 1.5GHz ( Samsung Galaxy SIII clocked at 1.4GHz ) , the graphics processing chip Mali-400MP ( clocked at 440MHz ) support for 3D/2D graphics acceleration. The players became familiar with this CPU. You can find more details of this processor in Google.
Posted Image
Exynos 4412 support dual-channel LPDDR2 , We can find a total four of 2GB of Samsung DDR3 memory particles ( "RAM" ) on Ramos W30. Recognized with the Ramos engineering department , W30 high- equipped version will have 2GB of RAM , coupled with the high-speed channel Exynos 4412.
Posted Image
Samsung customized PMU and Yamaha Sound reduction and power amplifier chip

This Samsung customized high-end PMU chip comes together with Samsung Exynos products,around 10 pieces electrical inductance, is really stunning.It is a siganificant PMU chip for Ramos W30.

Posted Image
At the center of the picture,you can see a card reader and a Yamaha all-in-one chip beside it.Differs from the original Yamaha sound reduction chips used in some cellphones,this chip contains Digital-to-analog part and other stable functions and once was used by Samsung i9100.From these parts,we can guess some certain edition of W30 can make a call or something like that.
Posted Image
High-End Edition optional 3G module and stmicroelectronics charging management chip
On the corner of the circut board,there is a chip covered by a piece of white sheet on the surface of which we can see two-dimension codes.It is 3G module of Ramos W30.That means it is likely that high-end 3G edition W30 will launch in near future.
Posted Image
The silver chip at the corner of the circuit board comes from stmicroelectronics,and it can help tablet maintain the best charging state.
Posted Image
This is the last chip worth attaching importance on.It's a four-in-one integration chip,with wifi,bluetooth,FM,GPS functions combination.However;multi-function probably just equips in expensive editions.

All in all,the overall hardware of Ramos W30 can be summarized as:
The chips involving storage are from Samsung,so we can believe they can work well together with Exynos 4412 quad core processor.As to PMC,it's also customized for Exynos.Meanwhile,Yamaha sound reduction and power amplifier chip can offer brilliant music experience.Out of question,the chips of Ramos W30 based on the success of the original great brand the solution and make some far-reaching improvements at the same time.The whole chips can offer outstanding user experience to the customers.
Latest Android Mini PC -------->>> Click here
Wholesale Android Tablet PC ----------->>>>Click here
Cheap Smartphone--------->>>>>>>Click here

#2 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

available when?

october?

#3 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Should be coming out in October they say but date can always get pushed back.

Looks really good. Quad core CPU + quad core GPU. Very powerful. Samsung SoC + Samsung memory chips are very good quality products. 2 GB RAM.

Biggest negative is: missing Bluetooth

Very small negatives are: 1.5A charger (should be 2A), battery is very good size though not the largest capacity - other 10.1" tablets have 7200 mAh. ie. lose 400 mAh

I think Bluetooth is important to have though some people may not. Good for connecting devices or tethering to phone. Like Bluetooth GPS device, or OBD II unit, or keyboard, or speaker, etc.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#4 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

I want this one..

Sent from my LG Optimus One using Tapatalk 2

#5 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Should be coming out in October they say but date can always get pushed back.

Looks really good. Quad core CPU + quad core GPU. Very powerful. Samsung SoC + Samsung memory chips are very good quality products. 2 GB RAM.

Biggest negative is: missing Bluetooth

Very small negatives are: 1.5A charger (should be 2A), battery is very good size though not the largest capacity - other 10.1" tablets have 7200 mAh. ie. lose 400 mAh

I think Bluetooth is important to have though some people may not. Good for connecting devices or tethering to phone. Like Bluetooth GPS device, or OBD II unit, or keyboard, or speaker, etc.

A variant with Bluetooth and GPS is coming actually I think for an additional $20 (not bad). The price is looking to be a bit high ($300 - $320) as far as a China-Tab goes. The specs I have seen only show 1 Gb of ram :(. My other concern is that Ramos isn't particularly honest about battery capacity and that they will pair it with some abysmal battery so that you get 4 1/2 hours of use like all their other products.

I have noticed they tend to have middling build quality too unfortunately :(

Sorry to be a damper. It is exciting to see China Tabs get the Exynos Chipset line all the same.

Regards,

Roman

EDIT: For us, we will probably be sticking with carrying the RK3066 powered units for the time being, honestly it is currently the better value for the money as it is more kick than what most people need and the majority of RK3066 units come with Bluetooth. The RK3066 also packs a Quad-Core GPU (I am surprised that Samsung didn't do something more powerful for the GPU). This is totally the retailer in me speaking though and not the nerd lol :) who absolutely loves the idea of more processing power.

Cheers!

Edited by Roman2025, 12 September 2012 - 11:29 AM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#6 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

A variant with Bluetooth and GPS is coming actually I think for an additional $20 (not bad). The price is looking to be a bit high ($300 - $320) as far as a China-Tab goes.

I saw two sites saying it would sell for 1300 yuan ($205 USD) in China. Whether true or not I cannot say. Pre-order pricing is always on the high side so I like to wait for actual release to see the real price. If it does sell for $205 in China then it will sell for $20 more to rest of the world. Though, no Bluetooth is a downer.

In Oct. should see if this sells for $220 or $320. At $320, really pushing the price point and will have little interest. I and many others would pay $255 shipped but only with Bluetooth.

The 4.5 hours of use. Is that for 9.7 & 10.1" Ramos tablets? Because the 7 & 8" can only hold 5000 mAh max battery size and most come with 3600-4000 mAh. The 9.7 & 10.1 tablets get the 6800-8000 mAh batteries.

PS, if the price is close to RK3066 tablets then this will be a real winner. ie, $25 difference. Otherwise, very few people will care for it above $265.

PPS, if they add Bluetooth & GPS for another $20 then that will be very cool. Also, sometime pre-order price is very high and sometimes very low. That's why when it looks too high I never pre-order.

*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#7 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

I likely will not buy from this Chinese seller myself but they are saying the price will be $200.
http://www.ramos-tab...tooth-16gb.html

Not sure I trust buying from them though fairly sure others have without any problems.

Edit: some sellers over-price pre-orders. Best to wait for product release & 2-4 weeks competition to see the real price.

Edited by Nickos-V, 12 September 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#8 2323

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

I likely will not buy from this Chinese seller myself but they are saying the price will be $200.

Not sure I trust buying from them though fairly sure others have without any problems.

Edit: some sellers over-price pre-orders. Best to wait for product release & 2-4 weeks competition to see the real price.

I bought a tablet from them. They're good with responding to concerns as long as you're still in the 10 day PayPal agreement. Shipping is a bummer to US.

#9 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Supposed to come out with 4 models from what I just read.

1GB/16GB
2GB/32GB

The other two models will have GPS & 3G. I believe all of these will come with Bluetooth? Have to see actual specs from Ramos to confirm the details. Should know by mid-October or sooner.

Edited by Nickos-V, 12 September 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#10 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

impressive Anutu score dont you think ?

i think i am going to wait for my new tablet a little more

#11 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Yes, performance wise should be really strong. But, I was disappointed with the display. The black background did not seem dark enough to me.

With IPS, the images should look really good but still have to see why the black background looked too light in color. Also, I think I see a little screen bleed in that well lit room meaning the screen bleed will be worse in darker room.

Edit: need actual review to know more about the display and tablet.

Edited by Nickos-V, 13 September 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#12 Voliminal

Voliminal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Can't wait for reviews of this

#13 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

Fastcardtech claim to have stock, priced at USD 270

Sent from my LG Optimus One using Tapatalk 2

#14 sukanime

sukanime

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

i think i am going to wait for my new tablet a little more

Hmmm..... After watch that video, when Reading Manga xxxHOLIC ( Comic ), fliping the page is so heavy, i wonder... it's touch screen issue or CPU performance ...
I hope more review come, this interesting Tablet... I'am looking for bigger screen size for Reading my Manga colection...
I'am Waiting Kindle Fire HD 8,9" review too...
Ainol Novo7 Aurora I + Custom ROM CM9 = SoC Allwinner A10 SingleCore Cortex A8 + 1GB DDR3 + 7" IPS ( already sold it )
Ainol Novo7 Aurora II + Official ROM 0626 = SoC Amlogic 8726-MX DualCore Cortex A9 + 1GB DDR3 + 7" IPS ( using it now )
Asus Google Nexus 7 16GB WiFi + Official ROM Nakasi JWR66Y = SoC Tegra 3 Quad Core @1,2Ghz + 1GB DDR3 + 7" IPS Coring Glass ( using it now )

#15 theSAiNT

theSAiNT

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Yes, performance wise should be really strong. But, I was disappointed with the display. The black background did not seem dark enough to me.

With IPS, the images should look really good but still have to see why the black background looked too light in color. Also, I think I see a little screen bleed in that well lit room meaning the screen bleed will be worse in darker room.

Edit: need actual review to know more about the display and tablet.

I am really taken by the specs of this tablet but you're right, the screen bleed from that video is quite worrying.

LCD screens all suffer to some extent from bleeding but this seems too obvious. I guess we'll have to wait for reviewers to get hold of them.

#16 medisson

medisson

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

looking forward to this and wonder what the final price will be.

#17 theSAiNT

theSAiNT

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

A new video:
http://www.ramos.com.../index.html#W40

Looks like they've announced a few more models at China Sourcing Fair:
http://www.ramos.com.../evo/index.html

Also: http://mp3.zol.com.cn/325/3259333.html

Edited by theSAiNT, 12 October 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#18 Sanjib

Sanjib

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

looks like extreme disappointing!!..coming with a battery of 5400 mAH..that's certainly a deal breaker for a 10" tablet..as per latest product posting here

#19 wlf

wlf

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

looks like extreme disappointing!!..coming with a battery of 5400 mAH..that's certainly a deal breaker for a 10" tablet..as per latest product posting here

You can find other link who tell you others values! ;)

http://www.ramos-sal...stions.html?p=7

The above link the seller tell have 7200mAh and 10000mAh.
I think that probably Ramos W30 have 5400mAh *2, totally 10800mAh.

#20 Jagt Mirage

Jagt Mirage

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

ZOL is now showing 21 merchants selling this tablet for as low as $1250 yuan (~200 bucks). Yesterday when I was looking at it it was still showing as "coming soon".

http://detail.zol.co...dex334801.shtml

Too bad it doesn't have retina. Kinda of a waste of such a powerful processor IMHO. That and the battery. I'll pass.