• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Well I found "build.prop Editor" worked fine - available free on the Playstore

On the Fire tab installed "Bluetooth GPS" and tested on two older Samsung android phones (GT5670 and i5500) a program called "GPS over BT" both free and available on Playstore.

Working fine just need the build prop edit as per OP and enable mock GPS provider.

Which ever BT GPS app I try to install from playstore I always seem to get This app is incompatible with your MID Novo7Fire. - is this true or can I get around it?

#42 Steve8x8

Steve8x8

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

Chris, which rom are you using?

#43 mapomme

mapomme

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Which ever BT GPS app I try to install from playstore I always seem to get This app is incompatible with your MID Novo7Fire. - is this true or can I get around it?

chris,
I had the same problem with rom 815
930 and 1031 work fine

#44 pypardo

pypardo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hi all,
here BT/GPS works fine with latest Flambe.
software used is "bluetooth gps provider"

Regards
pierre

#45 fire2012

fire2012

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Which GPS device are you using ? Can you put Flambe 15e or 15f on your tablet ? Try following the instructions in my post (#40) on this thread.

#46 Mazarin07

Mazarin07

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Hi!

I was able to put my Ainol Novo7 fire running feiyu 1030qm on work. Thanks for the info!

"build.prop Editor" and "Bluetooth GPS" by Googoo Android really helped.

Edited by Mazarin07, 06 December 2012 - 05:21 AM.

Best regards: Mazarin07
Ainol Novo 7 Fire
Want to update your firmware? (Instructions here.) First of all: make a backup of your stock firmware, and write down its version name/number (QM or TM?).
AML Flash tool user guide. (Not enough? Click here.)
Here is how to check your system details. Modify the language settings, if you have Chinese after the update.

#47 Steve8x8

Steve8x8

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

I'm back to CM10.1, after a short trip into Paranoid land. Not having access to the SDcard was one of the killers for me :(
Did the full walk, starting with (flashing, and booting into) Feiyu 0130, then put TWRP's recovery onto the card next to 10.1 0202, gapps, and comp qm 1.3.1 - and indeed I'm happy now.

It took me a while to discover that there are shortcuts into Developer Settings which work *without* the 7-clicks trick.
This way I was able to disable USB debugging when first connecting the tablet to my desktop, and - even more important - I can now use my BT GPS mouse again.
All without opening "Pandora's Box" again (I had to reflash due to one wrong setting there...)!

For those interested, here's what I did:

Don't worry about "gps.enable=false" in build.prop.
Install BlueGPS4Droid (BlueGps for short, from sourceforge, I'm using 1.2.5), *and* GoogooAndroid's "Bluetooth GPS".
BlueGps is supposed to support SiRF chips, and can enable additional NMEA sentences.
Switch on your GPS mouse (mine's a Motorola T805).
Enable Bluetooth on the tablet, and pair it with the mouse ("0000" worked for me).
Start BlueGps, select the GPS, and start it.
--> If you get an error that "Mock locations" aren't enabled:
Start Bluetooth GPS, do *not* connect, but tick "Enable Mock GPS Provider"
This will (once) give you access to the hidden Developer Settings -> switch "Mock location" on.
OPTIONAL: Connect, swipe left twice, check NMEA debug output. Disconnect.
Leave BT GPS.
Back in BlueGps:
OPTIONAL: Enable SiRF options if your mouse supports them - WARNING: this can break your GPS mouse in rare occasions!
Start GPS.
OPTIONAL: Enable track recording (if you're into NMEA).
Run GPS Status, and wait for a GPS fix (some mice have LEDs to indicate they're "locked" to GPS).
I don't know yet why there is no information about satellite positions etc. in GPS Status - in NMEA everything is there.
Use your favourite application.
Don't forget to Stop GPS (there's an icon in the notification bar as long as the service is running) and disable BT when you're done.

Next: try to get a multi-partition USB storage device to mount and unmount properly...