Elocity A7-004 for 74.98 shipped with free case

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gedi223

gedi223

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

1saleaday has dropped the price from 99.99 to 69.99 add 4.99 shipping and the tablet is better than the cheap chi tablets.

I already own 2 and really wish some developers would pick this up and port ICS.

As with all deal sites, the sale is only good for 09/04 or until sold out.

Edited by gedi223, 04 September 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#2 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

Solid tablet IMO for turning into a XBMC TV server when the app is available (won't be that long) I used mine for Vevo, Youtube and Netflix streaming via the full size HDMI socket, always good quality on a 40" plasma. The only issues are the port covers can be annoying, no hardware volume buttons and a finicky on/off button and the occasional reluctance to wake from sleep. Shame the firmware never went past 2.2 and that devs did not pick it up as the hardware is solid.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#3 dalauder

dalauder

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

I just picked up a second A7+ for the $75 deal. I'm still waiting on my first that should be here in the mail any day (mailed to my Mom in Cali then to me in Guam). I figure there's no potential for loss at $75 when I have several friends interested in "fake" iPads for their young children.

dryster, you mentioned that GAPPS wasn't running on this tablet yet? http://www.slatedroi...are-for-the-a7/

Are Amazon Apps, SlideMe, or anything similar working? I'm sorry if this has been addressed in a previous post. It would be simpler if the A7+ had its own section in the forum from the A7. I suppose I could always manually download .apk's and install them.

The point I'm trying to get at is whether development/modding of the A7+ has been slow due to a lack of devices? If so, I could donate one device. Or is it merely what you stated in the previous forum, that is pretty much, "If it's not broken, don't fix it"?

I'm looking to get Dolphin HD, Netflix, & Kindle running on this tablet. Beyond that, it's really just games to see what it can do and other ways to waste time.

Edited by dalauder, 04 September 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#4 dalauder

dalauder

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

UPDATE: I've got GAPPS, Dolphin HD, Netflix, Kindle, Hulu, Skype, Amazon Apps, Dropbox, Google Drive, and everything else I want running on this.

I've tried it with a USB hub and simultaneously used keyboard and USB mouse input (must use basic mouse as my G500 draws too much power). Skype, and maybe some otheres, I needed trial and error to find the correct apk files for install as the current offering is for Gingerbread and higher only.

I've got a couple extra I'm either gonna give to friends or make some money on craigslist with.