Gtab keeps locking up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ol' Jim hisself

Ol' Jim hisself

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

EVERY time I turn off the screen, my gtab freezes. I then have to wait a few days for the battery to go down, plug it in and reboot. This started happening on 5.2, and continues on 5.3. Any suggestions other than drilling a DRH?

#2 The_Jeff

The_Jeff

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Next time it happens hit your reset and post a logcat for the devs to look at. Pull the log first thing. the need for drilling a hole shouldn't be necessary, its been running stable on a lot of different machines.
try reinstalling, factory wipe repartition 4096 then 2024 then wipe dalvik and cache then install, wipe dalvik again and when you first boot let it bake for AT LEAST 30 minutes, an hour or two is best though.
Forever a loyal member of team Flashback, the non OC club.

#3 The_Jeff

The_Jeff

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Also, try softlocker from the play store. it'll hurt your battery life, but it might help!
Forever a loyal member of team Flashback, the non OC club.

#4 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Since this is not a MOD/ROM...

Topic moved from development sub-forum as per this thread: READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!! - [UPDATED 5/23/2011]

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

:drinks:
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#5 Ol' Jim hisself

Ol' Jim hisself

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Since this is not a MOD/ROM...

Topic moved from development sub-forum as per this thread: READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!! - [UPDATED 5/23/2011]

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

:drinks:

This was in the appropriate sub-forum as it only started to be a problem after I installed DRH Jellybean alpha 5.2!

#6 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

This was in the appropriate sub-forum as it only started to be a problem after I installed DRH Jellybean alpha 5.2!

Are you challenging the posting requirements that have been in place since the creation of the g-Tab forums? Or - Is there a problem with your ability to read? If not, Please click the link I posted above and read again.

It begins with this:

[This area is for Developers to post their MODS/ROMS.

This is not the correct section for posting general questions.
If you have a question about a MOD or ROM please post it in the thread for that ROM or MOD.

ONLY DEVELOPERS are allowed to create Threads in this section.

Now I have more questions for you ...

Do you have developer member status?

Is there some reason you are unable to seek help/ask your questions in the ROM thread?
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers