243 replies to this topic

#21 fards

fards

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

can either of you post dmesg and logcat from boot?

lets see whats happening. Posted Image
GIthub for source codes.

My github collection

If you feel like donating, then Thank You! but don't stress either way.

#22 AndrewDB

AndrewDB

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationThe Hague, Netherlands

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

No touchscreen and no way to enable adb... tough call getting a dmesg/logcat! Ainol decided to use a miniUSB socket and they don't supply an adapter for standard USB, so there's no way to use a USB hub/mouse/keyboard.
Honestly, I am so disappointed with it that I don't even want to touch the thing anymore, just ship it back to China and don't waste more time and money on it right now.
:nea:
Just to compare, my Elf II cost me almost half as much as the Fire and I have had zero problems with it until now. However, I do intend to buy another Fire... in 6 months time, when all the bugs have been ironed out! :blink:

Edited by AndrewDB, 04 September 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#23 JediCote

JediCote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

UGH <_< My heart broke a little bit when I saw this thread. I really hope Im one of the lucky one's that doesn't have to deal with this. The trouble of having to send it back might turn me off of buying another Chinese tablet :(

#24 mmaacc

mmaacc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

I am little bit scary. I will power off my Ainol Fire and i will not power on until it will resoved. I have a number NOVO7FIRE20120816G004532. I recivied my tablet yesterday and did not use it too much because i read this forum.

Interesting, I have the 4533 unit, from Spemall. Works so far, please give notice when yours die, if :p. Crossing fingers.

Edited by mmaacc, 04 September 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#25 JediCote

JediCote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Does anyone have contact with Ainol? Or can we contact the company directly and request an official statement ? I must say I am too afraid to use my Fire (which I am expecting to arrive soon).

Do you believe there can be a proper recall like the big names do ?

I agree with you. We need a official statement.

As a company it is surprising they haven't yet :angry:

#26 MichaelChou

MichaelChou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationBeijing, China

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

can either of you post dmesg and logcat from boot?

lets see whats happening. Posted Image

Attached Files

#27 fards

fards

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Cheers Michael

I noticed this in my elf kernel

-----

<4>[ 7.142749@0] axp_cfg_board->pmu_init_chgvol=4200000mV not right! use default 4200mV

------

yup same in yours

<4>[ 4.049607@1] SD/MMC initialization started......
<4>[ 4.452083@1] axp_cfg_board->pmu_init_chgvol=4200000mV not right! use default 4200mV
<4>[ 4.456744@1] amvdec_viuin module init

I need to check exactly what that is trying to fry, but it suggests there's a slight power issue, unless it is picked up by the constraints somewhere.
GIthub for source codes.

My github collection

If you feel like donating, then Thank You! but don't stress either way.

#28 Voxyn2307

Voxyn2307

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

pmu_init_chgvol is said to be the variable for "setting initial charing target voltage". The options are 4100/4150/4200/4360 mV.
I don't know what this char(g)ing target voltage means but it seems to be the load voltage for the battery and does not have
much to do with the IC of the touchscreen. Maybe the IC supply voltage is based on this and gets the voltage peaks from the wrong
default value.

#29 N3000

N3000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Knowing this... just when i managed to have it shipped yesterday... not sure too if i will power this thing on...

I don't understand anything to what you are saying but i hope you will find the cause and that it can be fixed by a firmware.

#30 N3000

N3000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

http://ainolstore.co...ouchscreen-bug/

View PostTerry1989, on 28 August 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:
Ainol, touch panel supplier and AML just confirmed that there is a bug in previous firmware touch drivers, which may cause touch failure. We have received four reports from forum members. The bug couldn't be fixed by firmware updating and recovery card.

Reason of the bug is found. Coming AML official firmware will fix the bug as well as some other bugs. New firmware will be released after testing.

So... a firmware will correct this... it seems...

#31 Geodex

Geodex

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

http://ainolstore.com/forums/topic/391-ainol-7-fire-touchscreen-bug/

I was about to start flooding their Facebook page and attack terry on their forums the moment I get on a computer.

You see Ainol got problems but I'm happy they at least try to solve them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • dekay84 likes this

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ainol Aurora II/ Pipo Max M1/ Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

#32 AndrewDB

AndrewDB

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

http://ainolstore.com/forums/topic/391-ainol-7-fire-touchscreen-bug/

Well, as you can see Ainol has been "working" on this firmware upgrade for more than a week now, and still nothing. To be honest I don't think this flaw can be fixed in firmware, it seems to be a hardware design flaw and the only "fix" would be to issue a recall on all Fire units sold until now.

Edited by AndrewDB, 05 September 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#33 jogermech

jogermech

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Really I didn't understand this announsement:
First it is said that

The bug couldn't be fixed by firmware updating and recovery card.

But then

Coming AML official firmware will fix the bug

Can anyone comment what was real idea of this message?

#34 hazard_puppet

hazard_puppet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

should i buy fire or not? currently im in the preorder list in my country, and i have pay a small amount of money as a deposit..

reading this thread makes my heart blew away! i sold my elf 2 for this! :(

#35 AndrewDB

AndrewDB

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

What the first part means is that once the touchscreen has stopped working, it's no use upgrading the firmware because it won't solve the problem: the touchscreen chip is fried for good.

The second part means they are trying to write a firmware that will prevent the Fire from frying its own touchscreen chip i.e. an improved AXP power controller kernel driver with proper safeguards, to avoid any voltage spikes to the touchscreen chip.

Since they have been working on this issue for at least two weeks now and have not yet published a firmware that fixes this issue, I am guessing that it can't really be solved with a firmware upgrade, it will probably require adding some voltage clamping diodes in some parts of the Fire power circuit. But that's just an educated guess on my part.

So Ainol should issue a recall, because eventually all the Fires shipped without the improved, redesigned mainboard could fail, sooner or later. Mine took just three days to fail... :(

Edited by AndrewDB, 05 September 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#36 MichaelChou

MichaelChou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationBeijing, China

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

First it is said that

But then

It means that the already affected devices cannot be fixed by firmware, but the new firmware will fix this bug so that other devices will not be affected in the future.

#37 jogermech

jogermech

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

So, no hardware changes expected?
I thought that it may be some IC own firmware, that cannot be changed by software upgrade.

#38 Retardo

Retardo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Interesting, I have the 4533 unit, from Spemall. Works so far, please give notice when yours die, if :p. Crossing fingers.

Hmmm... isn't that just a very long GMT date string? Mine is also from August 16,so far no broken touch.

#39 AndrewDB

AndrewDB

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

I have posted a request for instructions on shipping back my Fire for repairs, on the official Ainol BBS, international section:
http://bbs.ainol.com...64&extra=page=1

#40 Geodex

Geodex

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

Ainol has actually done some recall from some sellers I have contacted and the sellers know there is a problem with the tablets if you talk to them personally.

You can't find 1 single store in China that have stock of the Fire currently. They are expected to receive them from next week onward.

Thinking they are reflashing new roms or changing a hardware for the new batches.

Makes you wonder how they never found this problem if they even tested the hardware in the first place.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ainol Aurora II/ Pipo Max M1/ Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1