Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

yes, I can not agree more~~

#42 Tango One

Tango One

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Is there any way we can urge ainol to release the newer source. Maybe some of our Chinese speaking members can give ainol a poke :-)

#43 aloznat

aloznat

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Seconded, Tango One! As far as I know, Feiyu is the one with the source code - I'm fairly sure Ainol doesn't do much post-release development, otherwise they'd appear to actually care about their customers. (Gasp!)
Anyone have Feiyu's contact information?

#44 fards

fards

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

sorry been away for far too long..

I've only just noticed that there's new source code (released end of November) On amlogics server..

taking a look now.

lets see if it fixes some errors, I've tried building the ainol stuff before and it messed my screen up completely.

GIthub for source codes.

My github collection

If you feel like donating, then Thank You! but don't stress either way.

#45 fards

fards

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

It appears (without testing it) that the nand issues are patched, certainly the bad blocks testing seems a lot more rigorous and valid.

However without the updated customer section its going to be a serious uphill struggle to get this working.

I guess could work out the patches from one to the other, and see if can reverse them into the existing /customer we have.but that isn't going to be fun!

need ainol to release updated code.

even if it is just the /customer folder..

they could easily do this for every device.. it's only a few KBs !

Edited by fards, 18 December 2012 - 05:11 PM.

GIthub for source codes.

My github collection

#46 Tango One

Tango One

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Fards maybe we should start a thread on there official forum in the English section. If you start the thread (mainly because I haven't a clue what the customer folder is) we could support you.

Edit cheers fard see the thread you created
http://bbs.ainol.com...74&extra=page=1

Trying to post but they don't make it easy for us non Chinese people.

Edited by Tango One, 20 December 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#47 Tango One

Tango One

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Even using Google translator I can't seem to post on it. Does anyone have there official email for ainol
?

#48 fards

fards

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

the customer folder contains specific patches for our hardware.

have a look at my github for example.

https://github.com/f...nol_fire_kernel there's a specific /customer folder
GIthub for source codes.

My github collection

#49 Tango One

Tango One

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Cheers Fards

#50 amenra

amenra

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

Anyone has idea how to compile those sources for different types of screen? To be more specific - the sources are configured for Chimei (QM) touchscreen by default, and i want to configure it for Tianma ™ touchscreen. Is it requires any additional steps to do?

#51 chrrh

chrrh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hi amenra,

the sources from 10.2012 are only for QM. Since then there was no upgrade for the sources.

But in bbs.ainol.com there is an announcement, that updated sources will be available soon. (only a few days)
Hopefully this includes all fixes and TM/QM regressions.

Kindest regards,
chrrh...

#52 amenra

amenra

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

Hi amenra,

the sources from 10.2012 are only for QM. Since then there was no upgrade for the sources.

But in bbs.ainol.com there is an announcement, that updated sources will be available soon. (only a few days)
Hopefully this includes all fixes and TM/QM regressions.

Kindest regards,
chrrh...

Hi chrrh,
Thank you for your reply. I hope that the guys from Ainol are keeping their promises.
Could you just post here a link to the announcement you mentioned? I didn't success to find it.
By the way, those sources do contain some files for 2 configurations of touchscreen:
in directory - <amlogic-source>/device/amlogic/g06refe4/custom/ there are u-boot-qm.bin and u-boot-tm.bin.
And if you rename the required for you touchscreen to u-boot.bin and replace the existing one,
and after that compile those sources and flush it to device - it seems the tablet is booting normally and most things are working properly (WI-FI, Bluetooth),
but it has a lot of bugs like : brightness of screen is failing to restore after sleep mode, root is no more working and etc.
So I wanted to be sure if it's buggy sources or I'm missing something.

Sincerely yours,
amenra

#53 chrrh

chrrh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

The Problem with the old sources is, that there were some bugs in it which resulted in defective devices. Nobody released the source with the fixes. So it might be, that you brick your fire with a selfcompiled kernel. That is the reason all Roms from Christian troy use precompiled kernels direct from ainol or from feiyu.
Hopefully the new sources will contain all fixes and then it will be possible to start fixing the few remaining bugs by ourselves.

Kindest regards,
Chrrh...

#54 amenra

amenra

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

The Problem with the old sources is, that there were some bugs in it which resulted in defective devices. Nobody released the source with the fixes. So it might be, that you brick your fire with a selfcompiled kernel. That is the reason all Roms from Christian troy use precompiled kernels direct from ainol or from feiyu.
Hopefully the new sources will contain all fixes and then it will be possible to start fixing the few remaining bugs by ourselves.

Kindest regards,
Chrrh...

Yeah, It's mine concerns too.
Although the ROM I created from sources 10.2012 for QM touchscreens is working fine, and I had have no problems with it.
Just can you tell me where did you see the announcement about updated sources on bb.ainol.com? I can't find it.

Sincerely yours,
amenra

#55 chrrh

chrrh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

This is the thread I had seen: http://translate.goo...mdisplay&fid=62

But no sources till now :(

#56 amenra

amenra

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

Guys, I found on git the following sources:
https://github.com/s...c_common_meson6

Pay attention to the fact that this git was updated a month ago, so it pretty fresh. There is also /customer folder with configuration files for different boards based on amlogic chip. Can someone take a look on it and verify that it's useful for Ainol Fire? I do see 'board-m6g06-e4.c' and 'board-m6g06-e4.h' files in /customer/boards, but I'm not sure about it.
Maybe it's possible to use those files with newer sources :
common-2012-11-20 (do not mistake with ainol-e4-fire-20120822.tgz). You can find it on https://github.com/n...ommon-3.0.8.git

Any volunteers?.. :rolleyes: I'll do it by myself, but later. Busy for now on another project. I appreciate if someone will try to compile before I do.

P.S. Also if you'll run search over github with word 'amlogic' there are another one interesting link with source for kernel 3.0.50 :

https://github.com/n...ogic-common.git

#57 Skelton

Skelton

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Guys, I found on git the following sources:
https://github.com/s...c_common_meson6

Pay attention to the fact that this git was updated a month ago, so it pretty fresh. There is also /customer folder with configuration files for different boards based on amlogic chip. Can someone take a look on it and verify that it's useful for Ainol Fire? I do see 'board-m6g06-e4.c' and 'board-m6g06-e4.h' files in /customer/boards, but I'm not sure about it.
Maybe it's possible to use those files with newer sources :
common-2012-11-20 (do not mistake with ainol-e4-fire-20120822.tgz). You can find it on https://github.com/n...ommon-3.0.8.git

Any volunteers?.. :rolleyes: I'll do it by myself, but later. Busy for now on another project. I appreciate if someone will try to compile before I do.

P.S. Also if you'll run search over github with word 'amlogic' there are another one interesting link with source for kernel 3.0.50 :

https://github.com/n...ogic-common.git

AmenRa, that github code is not complete, I have still not uploaded everything, didn't find the time. I'll send you my tarball for the device this code is from (it's a handheld gaming tablet Amlogc-mx), no idea if can be used in the fire or not or if it includes all drivers needed by Fire (screen, wifi, etc). You'll have to give it a try. When I get home I'll send you the files. It's 4.1.1 code.

Christian Troy, if you need this tarball let me know, maybe there is something you can use for your amlogic roms, it would be fine to have a CM10 in this gaming device (I tried making one compiling from scracth from your github sources, but not succeded at all)

#58 amenra

amenra

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

AmenRa, that github code is not complete, I have still not uploaded everything, didn't find the time. I'll send you my tarball for the device this code is from (it's a handheld gaming tablet Amlogc-mx), no idea if can be used in the fire or not or if it includes all drivers needed by Fire (screen, wifi, etc). You'll have to give it a try. When I get home I'll send you the files. It's 4.1.1 code.

Christian Troy, if you need this tarball let me know, maybe there is something you can use for your amlogic roms, it would be fine to have a CM10 in this gaming device (I tried making one compiling from scracth from your github sources, but not succeded at all)

Skelton, thanx for reply. I think I'll give it a try anyway later.
I succeed to compile official sources (ainol-e4-fire-20120822.tgz) both for QM and TM screens, and most things are working fine (WIFI, Bluetooth etc.).
There is only one thing that is bothering me - both cameras are showing green screen and I have no idea why. I tried every solution I found on the internet:
* It's not the camera cable issue, because if I'm flashing "official" ROM made by Feiyu instead of my ROM on the same tablet - both cameras are working fine. :angry:
* I tried to take libcamera_client.so, libcameraservice.so and camera.amlogic.so from Feiyu's ROM (all together and one by one) and install it on my custom ROM - without success.
* I tried to change original camera application from Android to other applications like UCam - same green screen on both cameras.
* I tried to play with zoom buttons, switch between rare and front camera, record video in camera application - still green screens on preview and black square as result of taking pictures. :unsure:

I even don't known who's fault is it - is it drivers in kernel or libraries from Android? :pardon:
I compared results of dmesg and adb logcat on a moment when I'm starting the camera applications on both ROMs (mine and Feiyu's) - they are looking the same!!
It's not so critical for me that both cameras will work, but it's driving me crazy! :angry: Don't know what else to try.

That is why I'm keep searching for newer sources. But it seems that there will be no more updated sources for Fire. Ainol and Feiyu itself focused on newer tablet models like Venus, Hero. You can see that Fire's branch on official Ainol forum haven't updated for a few months.
So this forum the only my hope to beat chinese buggy sources :p .

Edited by amenra, 01 May 2013 - 05:52 AM.

#59 fly-away

fly-away

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

Skelton, thanx for reply. I think I'll give it a try anyway later.
I succeed to compile official sources (ainol-e4-fire-20120822.tgz) both for QM and TM screens, and most things are working fine (WIFI, Bluetooth etc.).

Could you please give some howto links and advices about building novo 7 fire kernel for newbies?

Edited by fly-away, 06 June 2013 - 03:22 AM.

#60 amenra

amenra

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

Could you please give some howto links and advices about building novo 7 fire kernel for newbies?

Hi, fly-away. Here some file with instructions how-to compile Ainol Fire sources that I made for me. I hope it will help you too:https://docs.google....XRqcVExeUk/edit

P.S. By default after compilation done you'll get Ainol Fire rom for QM screen. It a little bit tricky how-to compile those sources for TM screen. B) Good luck! :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users