#21 AndrewDB

AndrewDB

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationThe Hague, Netherlands

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

You may want to add my link to your top post so that more people can see it.

Yes! Done.

#22 typer100

typer100

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Compiled JB. Repacked the images. Gonna flash after dinner. Will update in a few hours. I need to have my kids in bed to be able to pay attention to this.

Looks good though, only the wpa-supplicant needed help -- and that's because Ainol messed with their bcd drivers and tried to limit adhoc networking.

If this works, I'm where I am with the Aurora II and I need only fix Settings APK and few things my 11 year daughter reported to me as my alpha tester. :)

We should call Child Protective Services :)
Samsung Galaxy S

#23 dekay84

dekay84

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

im not sure about JB cause there's no Flash... am i wrong to prefer having flash on web browsing to not?

#24 IrishShea

IrishShea

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWaterford City, Ireland

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Woah! 2 gigs, I'll have to wait til I get broadband in, a 20gig HUB just won't cut it :L

#25 Dima_2005

Dima_2005

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

im not sure about JB cause there's no Flash... am i wrong to prefer having flash on web browsing to not?

Actually flash should work in JB, it's just not supported by Adobe. So you don't have to go cry about not working Flash.
I think that you should use an alternative browser like Firefox, as Chrome (standard in JB) doesn't support flash either.

#26 Pat Moss

Pat Moss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Actually flash should work in JB, it's just not supported by Adobe. So you don't have to go cry about not working Flash.
I think that you should use an alternative browser like Firefox, as Chrome (standard in JB) doesn't support flash either.

I'll side load Flash as a non-system app so it will be there. If we need to, we can adjust the build prop fingerprint to fool Adobe. It's a non issue really.
Pat Moss

Double Stuff ROM - NOVO Flambe ROM - NOVO Crystal ROM
Donate and support firmware development

IRC://chat.freenode.net/#ainovo

#27 FlyFrog

FlyFrog

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Compiled JB. Repacked the images. Gonna flash after dinner. Will update in a few hours. I need to have my kids in bed to be able to pay attention to this.

Looks good though, only the wpa-supplicant needed help -- and that's because Ainol messed with their bcd drivers and tried to limit adhoc networking.

If this works, I'm where I am with the Aurora II and I need only fix Settings APK and few things my 11 year daughter reported to me as my alpha tester. :)

Nice! Have you tried already?

Edited by FlyFrog, 03 September 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#28 dekay84

dekay84

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

I'll side load Flash as a non-system app so it will be there. If we need to, we can adjust the build prop fingerprint to fool Adobe. It's a non issue really.

Well thats re-assuring i hope it works :)
Dima- i was just saying that cause i have jb on my htc sensation (kang rom - xda) and i cant get flash to work i tried a lot of versions... and many browsers :(
if you know how to get flash working thats pure awesomeness i just thought id bring it up as a "ting".

#29 JediCote

JediCote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

Well thats re-assuring i hope it works :)
Dima- i was just saying that cause i have jb on my htc sensation (kang rom - xda) and i cant get flash to work i tried a lot of versions... and many browsers :(
if you know how to get flash working thats pure awesomeness i just thought id bring it up as a "ting".

Odd :unsure: I had Flash working on my CM10 flash for my SGS2X (Hercules).

#30 Dima_2005

Dima_2005

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Yeah, I don't have a JB phone or tablet (yet), but do know people with a nexus 7 having flash.
Just install the apk from the site, and use the built in browser or Firefox beta (or Dolphin)

Here's one example of how to:
http://www.howtogeek...y-bean-devices/

#31 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

i'm fetching these sources right now (thanks for the faster mirror) and I'll see if I can adapt my ELF2 CM9 and CM10 (but priority is on CM9, since once we get it fully working there moving to CM10 is easy peasy) like I did for Aurora2.

Eventually I'll need some testers, any volunteer?

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Allwinner A10 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP

tmF4C.png

#32 Mr. Splodge

Mr. Splodge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

Yeah why not.

#33 smurfiez

smurfiez

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Don't think this tablet is too good for testing atm, least not till they figure out what's frying the digitizers.

#34 Crihz

Crihz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

Buon giorno, Christian.

I wouldn't mind testing but indeed, the idea of messing up the hardware (didn't realize it was possible) makes me a little hesitant.
"We can all have fun with this device. It is cheap and awesome." - Pat Moss

#35 fards

fards

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

decided to grab the source, I'm presuming that it doesn't work built with anything other than the q1 2010 toolchain same as the elf?

interested to see what could be going on with the touchscreen driver, I'll upload to github the kernel etc as I go
GIthub for source codes.

My github collection

If you feel like donating, then Thank You! but don't stress either way.

#36 JediCote

JediCote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Don't think this tablet is too good for testing atm, least not till they figure out what's frying the digitizers.

There seems to be a pattern with the DC chargers. One guy said it died when he plugged it in with the wall charger.

#37 JediCote

JediCote

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

i'm fetching these sources right now (thanks for the faster mirror) and I'll see if I can adapt my ELF2 CM9 and CM10 (but priority is on CM9, since once we get it fully working there moving to CM10 is easy peasy) like I did for Aurora2.

Eventually I'll need some testers, any volunteer?

Throw it my way. Ill give her a shot. As long as you tell me how I need to flash it because CWM is not on my tablet and I have no clue how to get it on this thing.

#38 rnakpatel

rnakpatel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

Has there been any more development? Any luck with you builds Christian Troy?
I would be happy to be a tester :)

#39 tobyhund

tobyhund

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Has there been any more development? Any luck with you builds Christian Troy?
I would be happy to be a tester :)

Likewise. I am very keen to have CM running on my Flame. I can volunteer to test.

#40 acocalypso

acocalypso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

so with the kernel source it should be possible to run second OS (Dualboot) like ubuntu?
Do you like my work? Please Donate. donation keep me motivating to continue my projects.

Donte for coffee =)