dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

I thought I'd throw a photo up of the remote I'm currently using:

Attached File  IMG_1117.JPG   167.2KB   37 downloads

This is the iPazzPort Model KP-810-10A and cost $24 : it has it's own RF receiver and I use it for my x86 based XBMC setup and for an Android tablet controlling unit for a Samsung based a816 I have that has a bad touchscreen.

Overall I'm very pleased with it, this is the unit with the built in li-po battery that charges via the mini USB port, lasts a long time on a charge. There are clones of this item on the auction site that take AA batteries, however, they are thicker and the touchpad is more recessed.

I will be posting some pictures of an interesting project on the a816 as it progresses.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#2 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

yikes i think i do have the bad knock off of that keyboard
its not terrible,but it aint great either
Are you lost, Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/slatedroid
C8+/Hp Touchpad/Galaxy Tab/
http://androidtabletfirmware.net

#3 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

I think they are very resourceful and we don't really know what is or isn't a clone anyway. The device I have works well, size is about right although my sausage fingers would like something slightly bigger.

In the interests of science I have ordered a device from a company called Hanson Technology, it is a qwerty remote that doubles as a keypad, the variant I ordered is the Feltouch Classic.

http://www.hanson-te...-Classic-en.pdf

Which looks like it may be very useful.

I will do a little review when it arrives.

Oh, I will also do a review on one of their TV boxes, the AML8726-M based Surbox 701 which has both HDMI and VGA output : again, I'm waiting for the postman on both those items.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#4 Tanzanite

Tanzanite

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTanzania

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

I think they are very resourceful and we don't really know what is or isn't a clone anyway. The device I have works well, size is about right although my sausage fingers would like something slightly bigger.

lol I have the iPazzPort BT keyboard as well with an Android 4 TV stick and it works for me even though I agree that it is no for big boys :unsure:
If it weren't for Edson we'd be using our tablets by candlelight

#5 AC Slater

AC Slater

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

A friend of mine has a Boxee Box with remote.
I have the Mele F10: http://www.mele.cn/products/show/4.htm .
It's quite similar to the Boxee Remote, with a keyboard on the one side, multimedia keys on the order, and then adds the airmouse-function.

Also checkout
- Rii Mini
- Measy RC11 & RC12
- Lenovo N9501 & N9502

There's quite some video's (reviews) on YouTube as well, if you're keen on finding out more...
To buy 'em I suggest looking 'em up via www.chinaprices.us or www.aliexpress.com .
MyTablets: PiPO Max-M8 Pro & M7 Pro 3G | Ainol Novo7 Elf II (cracked screen), Fire & Novo10 Hero II (dead) | Archos 101IT G8 (weird lines on screen)
MySmartphones: Jiayu G4T Adv | FAEA F2 | Neomobile N002 (N02-M)
MyAndroidTV: MINIX NEO X5 | Mele F10
MyGaming devices: Archos GamePad | OUYA
Previously owned: Jiayu G2 & G3 | Neomobile N003 | HTC Desire Z | FNF ifive X2 | Ainol Novo7 Aurora II | Hyundai A7HD
Proud other gear: ASUS N56VZ laptop | Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 & LX-7 camera's | Earson ER-151 BT speaker | Brainwavz HM9 headphone | BOSE QC15
Soon: -
Interested in: powerful tablets (8.9"/9.4") & smartphones (≤ 5.0")
My blogposts:
Buying from Taobao / Tmall (directly from manufacturers, thru an agent) <<

#6 Cardfire

Cardfire

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Has anyone found any recent, great apps for remote controlling the Android sticks my Gf's GS3 couldn't use the rockchip remote app with my UG007. Thought I'd ask around.

Also, has anyone tried b,use tooth remotes with a USB BT dongle or a TV Stick tht has BT baked in?

#7 furio

furio

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I thought I'd throw a photo up of the remote I'm currently using:

Attached File  IMG_1117.JPG   167.2KB   37 downloads

This is the iPazzPort Model KP-810-10A and cost $24 : it has it's own RF receiver and I use it for my x86 based XBMC setup and for an Android tablet controlling unit for a Samsung based a816 I have that has a bad touchscreen.

Overall I'm very pleased with it, this is the unit with the built in li-po battery that charges via the mini USB port, lasts a long time on a charge. There are clones of this item on the auction site that take AA batteries, however, they are thicker and the touchpad is more recessed.

I will be posting some pictures of an interesting project on the a816 as it progresses.

they are great i wanna chuck the air remote in the bin !

#8 johnnyblades

johnnyblades

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

looks like a new Rikomagic remote is on the way:
MK702 II

http://rikomagic.en....c_MK702_II.html