Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hello friends,

I have read in some sites about the specs of the Pipo M1 Tab with battery capacity 8000 mah and standby time is 420 hrs!!. Is it really stand for 420 hrs and the working hours is 6 to 7 hrs? If anyone using it, please clarify it.

thanks

I would honestly put the standby time as closer to maybe 5 days max? So about 120 hours or so? Working time of 6 to 7 hours is pretty accurate.

Regards,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#42 DJ Baro

DJ Baro

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

If you are playing games, working time is max. 3 h. For web browsing and other "low processing power" applications, maybe 5 h. And also I have noticed, when on ac-plug, the unit is not charging if you are using it at the same time. It has to be on stand-by to charge (approx 2 h).

#43 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

If you are playing games, working time is max. 3 h. For web browsing and other "low processing power" applications, maybe 5 h. And also I have noticed, when on ac-plug, the unit is not charging if you are using it at the same time. It has to be on stand-by to charge (approx 2 h).

Depends on the type of games you are playing I guess, I would honestly put it closer to 5 hours regardless but it just depends, there are a lot of variables. You have the full fledged device, not an OEM version, correct?

If you are gaming at half-brightness with WiFi off (perfectly reasonable) then I would guess you would get 5 hours with a fairly intense game (NOVA 3 for example). If you are running max brightness, WiFi on, volume maxed and you have other apps going in the background then I could definitely see shrinking your battery life down to 3 hours. In my experience, it takes a lot of work to get less than 4 hours of battery life on one of these units.

Web browsing at half-brightness you should easily be able to get 6 hours.

As a side note, I recommend people NEVER use their device while actually charging, it is horrible for the battery :(.

A lot of the above is me "shooting from the hip" based on my general experience. I will do some formal tests and report back.

Regards,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#44 DJ Baro

DJ Baro

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Depends on the type of games you are playing I guess, I would honestly put it closer to 5 hours regardless but it just depends, there are a lot of variables. You have the full fledged device, not an OEM version, correct?

If you are gaming at half-brightness with WiFi off (perfectly reasonable) then I would guess you would get 5 hours with a fairly intense game (NOVA 3 for example). If you are running max brightness, WiFi on, volume maxed and you have other apps going in the background then I could definitely see shrinking your battery life down to 3 hours. In my experience, it takes a lot of work to get less than 4 hours of battery life on one of these units.

Web browsing at half-brightness you should easily be able to get 6 hours.

As a side note, I recommend people NEVER use their device while actually charging, it is horrible for the battery :(.

A lot of the above is me "shooting from the hip" based on my general experience. I will do some formal tests and report back.

Regards,

Roman

I agree with you. But how to teach all this tricks my 6 years old child? :) I am using "original" version, since it came in original packing, and also it has Pipo sign on the back (not printed, but glued). I also think, and based on my experience with android devices, that it all depends on how well battery calibrated is. I admit - I haven't completely emptied my Pipo since yesterday. Because correct percentage dropping depends on statistics that calculate in the background. Yesterday, last 10 percent lasted I hour of heavy usage. But first 15 percent (from 100 - 85) dropped in 10 minutes.

And by the way, one question? How to get into the real task manager? To empty ram. I sweep all the applications often, but still I see not a lot of RAM is available in the settings.

Regards,

Gregor

#45 DJ Baro

DJ Baro

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

Can I flash this ROM over rooted 4.0.4? My friend ordered one and got it with 4.0.4. - rooted. Thank you for your answer!

#46 dangerousp

dangerousp

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Can I flash this ROM over rooted 4.0.4? My friend ordered one and got it with 4.0.4. - rooted. Thank you for your answer!

that's no problem if device is the same.

#47 theSAiNT

theSAiNT

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks to Roman for your posting your insight. I would appreciate if you could address some questions.

I've narrowed my buying decision down to the Pipo M1 and Yuandao N90-II. My primary use for a tablet is reading articles and comics so I am attracted to the better screen of the N90-II. Would you recommend it for this?

My main concern is firmware. I understand these are chinese tablets so I will have to root and flash them to get full english functionality. Is the M1 a lot better in this regard?

Thank you in advance.

Two further questions:

1) What do you think of the power button of the N90-II being on the back next to the camera?
2) Do you have any experience with the Gemei G9T?

#48 Bluenut

Bluenut

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hello,

I'm planning to purchase either the Pipo M1 or the Yuando N101, too.

My decision is going to be based on the screen-quality and aspect ratio, because
I mainly want to use it to present images on trade fairs(I'm selling image licenses).
I know that I would go best with the high resolution of an Ipad 3, but I don't want to
effort it.

On the one hand, there is the Yuando with the brighter 16:9 display with higher pixel density.
But I'm hesitating to buy it, because when I present my pictures, they're always a mixture
between portrait and landscape with different aspect ratios. So obviously a more
quadratic ratio would be advantagous.

So I'm really hung up with the decision and I hope that some of you guys can tell me their
thoughts about this problem.

AH, NOT TO FORGET: Is there a gallery App that uses the full 800 pixel of vertical resolution
of the Yuando?

Thank you for your opinions

with regards from germany, bluenut

Edited by Bluenut, 20 September 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#49 weareone

weareone

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

I noticed on the web that PIPO MAX 2 9.7 inch is out . Please share your view about PIPO MAX 2. Does it have better audio speaker quality and camera ?

Thanks,
Weareone

Edited by weareone, 21 September 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#50 GAB

GAB

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Dear Roman
I read all your posts for both tablet and i was not able to decide ,maybe you can make things more clear to us.
You can easly can becaome a profesional in terms of tablet review:)

Is PIPO has better faster web browsing including flash support ?
I/O : who has better support for SD cards USD disk NTFS or FAT32?
Stabilty: who more stable in general and games.
Wifi: after JB is pipo still have an issue?
Screen:I like you prefer 3:4 but still have to ask is N101 ii is much better ? can you say it has same quality like Ipad2?
Firmware: you already stated that pipo JB wins here is noticeable for normal user or it's small thing that make the big difference.?
Battery: who has better power mangement ? I really hate to have 50% that after 15 minutes get 3 mintue remaining time

so far I had
acho c908 that was nice but not fast enough, Dropad,Momo 15.
And I'mI still looking for the best android tablet that will replace my IPad..
Thanks

#51 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Thanks to Roman for your posting your insight. I would appreciate if you could address some questions.

I've narrowed my buying decision down to the Pipo M1 and Yuandao N90-II. My primary use for a tablet is reading articles and comics so I am attracted to the better screen of the N90-II. Would you recommend it for this?

My main concern is firmware. I understand these are chinese tablets so I will have to root and flash them to get full english functionality. Is the M1 a lot better in this regard?

Thank you in advance.

Two further questions:

1) What do you think of the power button of the N90-II being on the back next to the camera?
2) Do you have any experience with the Gemei G9T?

I finally decided that we are going to sell the N90 II. I have been using it for about a month now and really fallen for it. It has some advantages of the M1 that can't be denied however I would still recommend the M1 for certain buyers. It is a great tab though.

1) I actually like the power button location, I never accidentally hit it and it looks cool.

2) I don't :(. I actually haven't used any Gemei devices.

If you are worried about firmware, I am to :). Yuandao's track record isn't the best with firmware. That being said, the JB that is currently on it (while not quite as featured as what is in the M1) is quite stable and good once you modify it appropriately. We will be releasing custom roms for the device once we start selling it. I am downloading the most up-to-date firmware today for modding. The download is PAINFULLY SLOW though.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#52 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

I agree with you. But how to teach all this tricks my 6 years old child? :) I am using "original" version, since it came in original packing, and also it has Pipo sign on the back (not printed, but glued). I also think, and based on my experience with android devices, that it all depends on how well battery calibrated is. I admit - I haven't completely emptied my Pipo since yesterday. Because correct percentage dropping depends on statistics that calculate in the background. Yesterday, last 10 percent lasted I hour of heavy usage. But first 15 percent (from 100 - 85) dropped in 10 minutes.

And by the way, one question? How to get into the real task manager? To empty ram. I sweep all the applications often, but still I see not a lot of RAM is available in the settings.

Regards,

Gregor

Battery Meter on the PiPo is particularly, annoyingly inaccurate :(, agreed.

The new units I noticed actually are coming with 8000 mAh batteries instead of 7800 mAh.

You would need to download a third party app manager. See if advanced Task Killer is JB compatible yet :).

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#53 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

I noticed on the web that PIPO MAX 2 9.7 inch is out . Please share your view about PIPO MAX 2. Does it have better audio speaker quality and camera ?

Thanks,
Weareone

No idea :(. I haven't used it and I am debating on whether or not we will carry it. Believe it or not there usually isn't a large market for tablets with 3G as it drives the cost up so much.

The design looks sturdy, but it also looks heavy and fat :(. Will have to wait to make a final verdict.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#54 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Dear Roman
I read all your posts for both tablet and i was not able to decide ,maybe you can make things more clear to us.
You can easly can becaome a profesional in terms of tablet review:)

Is PIPO has better faster web browsing including flash support ?
I/O : who has better support for SD cards USD disk NTFS or FAT32?
Stabilty: who more stable in general and games.
Wifi: after JB is pipo still have an issue?
Screen:I like you prefer 3:4 but still have to ask is N101 ii is much better ? can you say it has same quality like Ipad2?
Firmware: you already stated that pipo JB wins here is noticeable for normal user or it's small thing that make the big difference.?
Battery: who has better power mangement ? I really hate to have 50% that after 15 minutes get 3 mintue remaining time

so far I had
acho c908 that was nice but not fast enough, Dropad,Momo 15.
And I'mI still looking for the best android tablet that will replace my IPad..
Thanks

Neither unit "technically" actually has flash support. Shocker I know... Blame Google :). They dropped flash all together in Jelly Bean. Google it if you don't believe me. That being said, I sideload Flash for ICS into our JB firmwares and it works fine on both units. It really won't matter in another year I don't think though except for a slim margin of the population that absolutely needs it for something or another.

Stability: Same - both are very stable - N101 II had some Touch Screen issues related to firmware.

I/O: they have the same ports and slots, I have heard the PiPo is having some SD card issues but that the problems are most likely related to JB. I haven't tested the MicroSD card slot much on the N90 II or N101 II.

WiFi: Definite win for the N90 II. PiPo has very good WiFi but the N90 II is one of the best tablets I have ever used in this regard. N101 II is about the same as the PiPo M1.

Screen: N90 II has a brighter screen than both the N101 II and the PiPo M1. N101 II has a slightly clearer screen due to a higher PPI. But, yes, the 4:3 Aspect Ratio is MUCH more handy in my opinion no to mention comfortable to hold an use.

Firmware: PiPo all the way in that regard. The N101 II firmware still has issues although I haven't looked at the newest stuff so perhaps they worked things out. I am getting the newest N90 II firmware now, what I am currently running though was/is stable and fast once I modded it.

Battery: The Yuandao's do win out here but I haven't done a formal test. It might just be a placebo because the battery meter is accurate on the N90 II and not on the M1. Of all three devices, the N90 II seems to have the best battery. The N101 II battery meter also tends to be innacurrate and as mentioned above the M1 battery meter tends to be this way to however the N101 II seems to last quite a while. I think the Yuandao screens are a newer IPS tech with lower power consumption, that is my guess at least.

Build Quality: PiPo Max M1 - much sturdier and the metal back doesn't scratch up and the N101 II isn't as sturdy as it looks although both make you feel a bit more confident than the plastic rear panel on the N90 II.

Design: N90 II - Plastic rear panel does make it super light-weight and it is very very thin and comfortable to hold

Speaker: N90 II or N101 II both have a nice loud speaker

Port Access: PiPo M1 - Ports are so much easier to get to.

Cameras: In typical chinese fashion, they all suck.

The N101 II on our current firmware is not a unit I can fully endorse because of the touch panel issues. Basically multi-touch jitters constantly. Single Touch is fine. I have discussed this at length on Vondroid. I haven't used the latest firmware builds for the unit though, so if the issue is fixed and you get an N101 II that was properly quality checked then you get a great device.

I think we are going to replace the N101 II maybe with the Sanei N10 Quad-Core in our current line-up. I don't have any experience with Sanei so I am hoping they have better Quality Control then Yuandao.

We are going to start selling the N90 II most likely today.

Regards,

Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 25 September 2012 - 09:13 AM.

-Ayn Rand

#55 GAB

GAB

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Neither unit "technically" actually has flash support. Shocker I know... Blame Google :). They dropped flash all together in Jelly Bean. Google it if you don't believe me. That being said, I sideload Flash for ICS into our JB firmwares and it works fine on both units. It really won't matter in another year I don't think though except for a slim margin of the population that absolutely needs it for something or another.

Stability: Same - both are very stable - N101 II had some Touch Screen issues related to firmware.

I/O: they have the same ports and slots, I have heard the PiPo is having some SD card issues but that the problems are most likely related to JB. I haven't tested the MicroSD card slot much on the N90 II or N101 II.

WiFi: Definite win for the N90 II. PiPo has very good WiFi but the N90 II is one of the best tablets I have ever used in this regard. N101 II is about the same as the PiPo M1.

Screen: N90 II has a brighter screen than both the N101 II and the PiPo M1. N101 II has a slightly clearer screen due to a higher PPI. But, yes, the 4:3 Aspect Ratio is MUCH more handy in my opinion no to mention comfortable to hold an use.

Firmware: PiPo all the way in that regard. The N101 II firmware still has issues although I haven't looked at the newest stuff so perhaps they worked things out. I am getting the newest N90 II firmware now, what I am currently running though was/is stable and fast once I modded it.

Battery: The Yuandao's do win out here but I haven't done a formal test. It might just be a placebo because the battery meter is accurate on the N90 II and not on the M1. Of all three devices, the N90 II seems to have the best battery. The N101 II battery meter also tends to be innacurrate and as mentioned above the M1 battery meter tends to be this way to however the N101 II seems to last quite a while. I think the Yuandao screens are a newer IPS tech with lower power consumption, that is my guess at least.

Build Quality: PiPo Max M1 - much sturdier and the metal back doesn't scratch up and the N101 II isn't as sturdy as it looks although both make you feel a bit more confident than the plastic rear panel on the N90 II.

Design: N90 II - Plastic rear panel does make it super light-weight and it is very very thin and comfortable to hold

Speaker: N90 II or N101 II both have a nice loud speaker

Port Access: PiPo M1 - Ports are so much easier to get to.

Cameras: In typical chinese fashion, they all suck.

The N101 II on our current firmware is not a unit I can fully endorse because of the touch panel issues. Basically multi-touch jitters constantly. Single Touch is fine. I have discussed this at length on Vondroid. I haven't used the latest firmware builds for the unit though, so if the issue is fixed and you get an N101 II that was properly quality checked then you get a great device.

I think we are going to replace the N101 II maybe with the Sanei N10 Quad-Core in our current line-up. I don't have any experience with Sanei so I am hoping they have better Quality Control then Yuandao.

We are going to start selling the N90 II most likely today.

Regards,

Roman

I order PIPO M1 because:
a) screen 3:4 form factor.
B) better JB firmware and offcurse your FW :).
c) built and QC looks fine.

if N101 II had beter firmware i think it is a better option .
I hope this time I'll keep this tablet ...

#56 tulik23

tulik23

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

I order PIPO M1 because:
a) screen 3:4 form factor.
B) better JB firmware and offcurse your FW :).
c) built and QC looks fine.

if N101 II had beter firmware i think it is a better option .
I hope this time I'll keep this tablet ...

Hi

any firmware updates for the N101 II ?
or still go for the M1 (even if the speakers are in the back ??)
i didnt saw the sansi ...it didnt passed you tests ?

thanks