• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 eusonlito

eusonlito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

On the battery charging aspect, I picked up a really cheap microprocessor controlled microUSB 2 amp charger off 'that auction site' (under £4 including postage if I remember right), sold as suitable for a Nexus 7 (by a seller with a huge number of sales and a good reputation score).

It definitely seems to prevent any risk of over charging, as the most it will let the battery get to, is a 99% charge.

I don't let the battery get too low at the moment (30% ish for a bit, due to it having run down too far when in transit, but after the weekend I'll start letting it discharge progressively more until it gets to an automatic switch off), and using the Teclast P85 (which charges through the USB port) with it plugged in, doesn't get anything heated up (everything, including the charger, stays nice and cool - I don't do any graphics intensive gaming with it though).

I think an intelligent charger like this might be a good investment to keep the batteries in good condition for a long time (available for dedicated charging ports as well, as I have one for my Nokia phone, which can also charge through the USB port as well as the charge port).

Can you post a link about the charger?

Thanks!

#22 Ogri

Ogri

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Can you post a link about the charger?

Thanks!

Ahhhh darn, the forum software won't allow links. Have to search for - Mains Charger For Asus Google Nexus 7 - and the seller with over 280,000 feedback. £3.99 including delivery.

Sorry, did try. :(

Edited by Ogri, 06 September 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#23 Jagt Mirage

Jagt Mirage

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Has anybody tried using a NTFS formatted removable HD via OTG on either of these tablets? does it work?

#24 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

Its a tossup. The firmware on the pipo is soooo much better. But the form factor of the n101 is more game friendly. That being said, most newer titles have no issue with the 4:3 pipo form factor.

This was in response to the question about game support.

Also, if you want better game support stick with ICS for another month or so.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Roman2025, 07 September 2012 - 12:36 AM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#25 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Ahhhh darn, the forum software won't allow links. Have to search for - Mains Charger For Asus Google Nexus 7 - and the seller with over 280,000 feedback. £3.99 including delivery.

Sorry, did try. :(

Search for item id 380465324269

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#26 gashinshotan

gashinshotan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

All of em

I'm about to order a slate, and really can't find much info regarding google play/ app support. Which of these (or the other RK3066 tablets) offer best out-of-the box or easy to fix app support, meaning so most apps you download work without having to do big softwaremods?

#27 Gnox

Gnox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

Search for item id 380465324269

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i'm confused - my pipo doesn't charge via any of the microusb ports. how would this charger be of any use?

Sent from my M1 using Tapatalk 2
Pipo M1 Max - JB 4.1.1

#28 eusonlito

eusonlito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

i'm confused - my pipo doesn't charge via any of the microusb ports. how would this charger be of any use?

Sent from my M1 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, PiPO MAX-M1 can not be charged by USB from PC... http://www.slatedroi...post__p__406788 but allow charge by USB from AC?

Edited by eusonlito, 07 September 2012 - 03:58 AM.

#29 grays

grays

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Just received my Pipo M1 today. Impressed so far apart from the keyboard. What is going on with that? Anyway that was solved by installing JB keyboard.

Seems very responsive and fast compared to my Elf and Onda Vi40. Screen is lovely I have to say, no issues there. Seems very well built.

Roman any idea on timescale for your firmware?

Thanks

#30 grays

grays

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hi Roman, I've tried the RKbatchtool guide you had listed on your site just to get the drivers installed in anticipation :-) of your firmware.

Upshot is I tried on two win7 PC's, 32 and 64 bit, and followed your procedure but in both cases it said the driver failed to install. Hitting the rest button and minus key didnt actually do anything except restart the tablet. I had to enable USB debugging before the tablet was recognised by Device Manager.

The tablet is not shown as unkown device in your description but listed as M1.

The error message is after the failed installation is...

“Rk30 device the device cannot start (code 10)"

Any ideas?

UPDATE!!

I held onto the minus key for a few seconds after I released the reset and lone behold I had the message that the RK30 Drivers were successfully installed. RKBatchtools showed a connected device as well.

Its a bit of a faff installing things this way. You would think the developers would just have a simple boot and install from SD card method.

I've also found my charger does not work. The tip is about 3mm to short to fully engage the DC port. Luckly my Onda Vi40 charger works, while I contact the seller and try to get a replacement. I may also be able to trim off some of the moulded black plastic insulation to "lengthen" the charger tip.

Edited by grays, 08 September 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#31 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

On the battery charging aspect, I picked up a really cheap microprocessor controlled microUSB 2 amp charger off 'that auction site' (under £4 including postage if I remember right), sold as suitable for a Nexus 7 (by a seller with a huge number of sales and a good reputation score).

It definitely seems to prevent any risk of over charging, as the most it will let the battery get to, is a 99% charge.

I don't let the battery get too low at the moment (30% ish for a bit, due to it having run down too far when in transit, but after the weekend I'll start letting it discharge progressively more until it gets to an automatic switch off), and using the Teclast P85 (which charges through the USB port) with it plugged in, doesn't get anything heated up (everything, including the charger, stays nice and cool - I don't do any graphics intensive gaming with it though).

I think an intelligent charger like this might be a good investment to keep the batteries in good condition for a long time (available for dedicated charging ports as well, as I have one for my Nokia phone, which can also charge through the USB port as well as the charge port).

Could you give a link?

And thanks Roman for clearing my concepts. :)

Sent from my LG Optimus One using Tapatalk 2

#32 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Just received my Pipo M1 today. Impressed so far apart from the keyboard. What is going on with that? Anyway that was solved by installing JB keyboard.

Seems very responsive and fast compared to my Elf and Onda Vi40. Screen is lovely I have to say, no issues there. Seems very well built.

Roman any idea on timescale for your firmware?

Thanks

Its done, I just need to upload it.
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#33 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

You can go here: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support and then "firmware" and then "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" to get the firmware now.

It isn't pre-rooted but the build.prop is already switched so it is ready to go as far as market and apps are concerned.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#34 DJ Baro

DJ Baro

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

You can go here: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/support and then "firmware" and then "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" to get the firmware now.

It isn't pre-rooted but the build.prop is already switched so it is ready to go as far as market and apps are concerned.

Regards,

Roman

Hello Roman!

First let me say, that your posts here at Slatedroit were very useful and helpful for me to decide to buy Pipo Max M1. And it was great decision. It really is a good tablet
and working and playing with it is really fun.

I've been android user for a couple of years now and have been flashing all kinds of devices (mostly phones) with no problems. But since I have installed a lot of apps and
games for my son in 14 days of using Pipo I want to know if flashing your boosted and customised rom will wipe the device?

Thank you for your work and answer!

Greetings from Slovenia (Europe).

#35 jimzephyr

jimzephyr

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Hello Roman!

First let me say, that your posts here at Slatedroit were very useful and helpful for me to decide to buy Pipo Max M1. And it was great decision. It really is a good tablet
and working and playing with it is really fun.

I've been android user for a couple of years now and have been flashing all kinds of devices (mostly phones) with no problems. But since I have installed a lot of apps and
games for my son in 14 days of using Pipo I want to know if flashing your boosted and customised rom will wipe the device?

Thank you for your work and answer!

Greetings from Slovenia (Europe).

Yes, it will wipe the device, so do the necessary backups.
Thanks Roman for the good work.
Cheers.

#36 DJ Baro

DJ Baro

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

Yes, it will wipe the device, so do the necessary backups.
Thanks Roman for the good work.
Cheers.

I can't get the device into firmware update mode. When I plug USB cable in USB port on the device the computer recognizes it, like it did when I first connected it and than
I can turn on USB storage. When I press and hold volume - and then press reset the device reboots and comes back asking me to turn the usb storage on!? No download or firmware
update mode is turned on.

Thank you for your help!

#37 Oligark

Oligark

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

Hi Roman!

Another question if you don't mind: you recommend the same FW you made for both n101 II and m1? (The one downloadable from your site). Is there any improvement on the n101 II? Did it get smoother with your costum FW?

best regards

#38 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hi Roman!

Another question if you don't mind: you recommend the same FW you made for both n101 II and m1? (The one downloadable from your site). Is there any improvement on the n101 II? Did it get smoother with your costum FW?

best regards

N101 II still has touchscreen problems unfortunately but it is a bit smoother as I did dump all the chinese apps and the build.prop is modded.

-Ayn Rand

#39 DJ Baro

DJ Baro

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

I managed to flash it on another computer. So the problem was there. Now It really is a silk smooth performer. 10x Roman for a great ROM.

#40 shijo

shijo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationQatar

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hello friends,

I have read in some sites about the specs of the Pipo M1 Tab with battery capacity 8000 mah and standby time is 420 hrs!!. Is it really stand for 420 hrs and the working hours is 6 to 7 hrs? If anyone using it, please clarify it.

thanks