• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#1 jeffteo

jeffteo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Anyone have any experience to share on the MOMO11.
www.pandawill.com/ployer-momo11-speed-rk3066-tablet-pc-android-41-97-inch-ips-screen-16gb-bluetooth-hdmi-dual-camera-p66286.html
Specs almost the same as other RK3066. This is a 9.7" screen and a 4:3 aspect screen at 1024 x 768.
I am sending my Cube U30GT for a refund and am considering a replacement instead.
If this is good, I will get this then.

Sent from my U30GT-H using Tapatalk 2

#2 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Yes strange how this one seems to have been overlooked.

The A10 version was one of the must have tablets due to their excellent firmware and build quality. This also seems to have been a long time coming to market so presumably they took their time to get it right.

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#3 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

This one's gonna be a killer.. probably the scene's gonna be the same like the A10 times when Ployer was a major manufacturer and most other companies were selling OEM Ployer under different brand names.

#4 jeffteo

jeffteo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

MOMO11 vs PIPO M1, which will you get?

My previous experience with the early version of the MOMO8 before the A10 had not been very good. The A8 one I think. It can't charge the batt to 100% and the batt died within a few months of use. Wifi is a pain too.

#5 Ogri

Ogri

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

I think it is interesting that GTR Electronics (the UK Ployer agent) are anticipating the Momo11 Speed as being fully ready for market around the end of September. They (GTR Electronics) don't sell them until they are ready (they have already built up a well deserved reputation for looking after their customers).

http://www.gtrelectr...omo11-speed.php

As long as there are no hardware changes between now and then (and it may be relevant that GTR aren't listing current or anticipated specs), then you should be able to get the good firmware and update when it is available.

I know they hit a problem with the Momo8 Speed, as pre-orders anticipated for release the end of August were also put back to the end of September:

"A small batch of Momo8 Speeds have been released in the Chinese Market. Testing has uncovered an issue which requires fixing before general release. Original end of Aug release date has now moved to end of Sept to allow revised testing of product."

I must admit I like their approach, and I like what I have seen of their products (the last few months I have set a few up mainly for family, and what I saw was good).

Remember, RK3066 is still a relatively new chipset, and it always takes time to work out the bugs and firm up the drivers, bios, etc., with new hardware. This is why as a computer builder, I never buy a chipset or CPU until it has been released for at least 6 months, to give it a chance to get all the bugs worked out. It's a policy that has served me well, and I don't like my customers paying a premium to be beta testers.

Is it a gamble on there being hardware changes in the very near future? That's the real issue, I suspect. If there's no panic, I'd personally keep an eye on what that GTR site is saying about deliveries, because I suspect this tablet is worth waiting for (and if I get a 9.7" RK3066 device at any point, this Momo11 Speed is the one I'm looking at as top of the list).

Coincident as well of course, might be the release of Android 4.1 JB at about the same time, which obviously will have its own preliminary issues, and maybe they are just making sure they have all the t's crossed and i's dotted, before ramping up production (and the comment on GTR about the Momo8 speed being issued with 4.1.1 JB seems very pertinent "Google Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 to be confirmed, fallback will be ICS 4.0.4 OS").

PS. I don't think it is insignificant that Ployer haven't announced an imminent 7" tablet with the RK3066 chipset as yet.

Edited by Ogri, 30 August 2012 - 02:11 AM.

#6 rsocon

rsocon

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Looking at the Pandwill websites pictures, and Ployers website I'd guess the new Yarvik and Sumvision RK3066 tablets are based on this.

I recently got the Yarvik one, http://www.yarvik.co...ts_97/TAB9-200/

So far seems good, quick to use and websites load much faster than the single core tablet I had.

#7 yash3339

yash3339

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

MOMO11 vs PIPO M1, which will you get?

My previous experience with the early version of the MOMO8 before the A10 had not been very good. The A8 one I think. It can't charge the batt to 100% and the batt died within a few months of use. Wifi is a pain too.

You got a bad one maybe, Ployer is good quality. But at the moment I'd say Pipo over the MOMO11 speed, because it's been a while since it was launched and there's JB already :)

#8 rsocon

rsocon

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Seems the Ployer also has an update to Jelly Bean.

http://www.pandawill...JB-4-1-firmware

#9 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Seems the Ployer also has an update to Jelly Bean.

http://www.pandawill...JB-4-1-firmware

Wonder if it would work on the Yarvik? I was looking at the Yarvik on Ebuyer. They have £10 off at the moment. How is battery life?

Jez

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#10 MOMO11SpeedUK

MOMO11SpeedUK

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

I've updated my MOMO11 Speed to JellyBean, but to be honest I've not used it enough since to notice if battery if lasting longer or less than when on ICS.

#11 rsocon

rsocon

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Can anyone with this tablet let me know how much internal space is available for apps?

I have the Yarvik TAB9-200 which I think is based on this and only have 504mb, be interesting to know if its the same on the Ployer, with ICS and Jelly Bean if people know of any changes.

Cheers.

#12 MOMO11SpeedUK

MOMO11SpeedUK

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

Can anyone with this tablet let me know how much internal space is available for apps?

I have the Yarvik TAB9-200 which I think is based on this and only have 504mb, be interesting to know if its the same on the Ployer, with ICS and Jelly Bean if people know of any changes.

Cheers.

I have 1.17GB Internal (then 12.99GB NAND) on a 16GB running JellyBean.

Attached Files

#13 rsocon

rsocon

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for that.

Not sure if my tablet is based on the Ployer one, but if it is hopefully will get an update to 4.1.1 and more app space.

Thanks.

#14 MOMO11SpeedUK

MOMO11SpeedUK

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for that.

Not sure if my tablet is based on the Ployer one, but if it is hopefully will get an update to 4.1.1 and more app space.

Thanks.

No problem... just sorry that I didn't check before I updated it (for my own curiosity too - see if the update altered the partitions)

#15 rsocon

rsocon

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Seems ployer now have a MOMO11 Second Edition out.

http://en.ployer.cn/...etail.php?id=16

Cant work out which one the Yarvik is based on now, either way both Ployer tablets state that the app space is increased to 1.2G so it seems this issue has been resolved.

#16 rsocon

rsocon

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Interested to know if anyone with the new Ployer Tablets have had any luck getting into the e3 recovery?

The Yarvik isn't easy, you seem to have to hold V- & Power for 5 sec, then wait for splash screen, then V- and Power for 5 seconds again.

Once you see the dead droid, press V+ and power and then you get to the recovery.

Not sure if this is standard on all RK3066 tablets?

#17 Jumikael

Jumikael

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

On pandawill forum, they told "You will need Rockchip flasher 1.5 (for RK3066 tablets) to install the firmware, push Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time to put the MOMO11speed tablet in flash mode." Still didn't work for me (I wanted to install the jellybean firmware) - momo not recognized for the moment on win xp :(

Edit : and yes, it's really a great tablet, way better (and lighter) than the cube u20gt I have, but I have only these 504mo for installing apk. That's why I'd really like to install Jellybean, and try to get more space.

Edit2 : if anybody knows how to install the rockchip drivers I'm interested !

Edited by Jumikael, 27 September 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#18 rsocon

rsocon

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

I don't have the MOMO11, mine's a Yarvik.

I think you need to press the Volume+ and hold, then plug the usb cable in. Your computer should then try to load the drivers. If that doesn't work try the Volume - button.

With the download you should have a folder with the windows drivers.

#19 Jumikael

Jumikael

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Thanks to you I understood how to put the momo11 speed into recovery mode ! After pressing vol+ & power together,with the tablet off, it boots, and then all we need to do is to use the Rockchip_Batch_Tool.
But I still have problems with drivers : my tablet isn't recognized, although it installed once the ADB drivers, but I wasn't in recovery mode at this time :-(
I have the drivers files though but I really don't know what to do with it. They are .sys files for win7, or .dll for xp. Should I put them somewhere ?

Edited by Jumikael, 28 September 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#20 MOMO11SpeedUK

MOMO11SpeedUK

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Thanks to you I understood how to put the momo11 speed into recovery mode ! After pressing vol+ & power together,with the tablet off, it boots, and then all we need to do is to use the Rockchip_Batch_Tool.
But I still have problems with drivers : my tablet isn't recognized, although it installed once the ADB drivers, but I wasn't in recovery mode at this time :-(
I have the drivers files though but I really don't know what to do with it. They are .sys files for win7, or .dll for xp. Should I put them somewhere ?

I haven't used XP in a while but if you're struggling with the drivers you'll probably need to 'force' them whilst in flash mode.
Go to Device Manager on your PC then connect USB lead to MOMO11, press and hold both Vol+ and Power buttons (you should hear a device found sound on your PC and see a 'problem' device icon).
Right Click on that icon and add drivers via properties. (It might take a few times as you'll need to do all this with the Vol+ & Power buttons still pressed).
If it doesn't work the first go then you don't need to boot and power off the tablet - just hold the Vol+ & Power buttons again to put it back into flash mode.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users