• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#121 chepito

chepito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

My flame has hard bricked condition.... Couldn't startup when I press the power button, there is no battery indicator on the screen while I connect with original charger and USB charger, PC can't detect my flame.

Whether, this Unbrick Tool for Fire (complying with the tutors) can fix those issues???.... Anyone can solved this problems? Is there software or hardware in my Flame that must be fixed?

Same situation here. After an attempt to install Official AML Firmware 0201 using AML USB Burning Tool. Last operation was Erase NAND. My Flame become dead. Unbrick Tool not working for me.

#122 Shiino

Shiino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHide in Italy :P

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I could help with this please? :(

http://www.slatedroi...l-novo7-fire-s/
Novo 7Fire - Jelly Bean/4.1.2 - "Happy Festival" [Version Modded - By Mario44]

In play games on the rom: Need For Speed - Most Wanted, N.O.V.A 3, Wild Blood, Dead Trigger, Shadowgun, Mass Effect Infitrator, Dead Space, Aliens VS Depredator, Jetpack Joyride. [For the moment - I will continue testing]

#123 xer0backlash

xer0backlash

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

My flame has hard bricked condition.... Couldn't startup when I press the power button, there is no battery indicator on the screen while I connect with original charger and USB charger, PC can't detect my flame.

Whether, this Unbrick Tool for Fire (complying with the tutors) can fix those issues???.... Anyone can solved this problems? Is there software or hardware in my Flame that must be fixed?

My Flame has the similar problems. Mine has hardware problems and is impossible to unbrick even with unbricker and AML flash. I have to replace my motherboard (if I can find somewhere to buy one).

#124 BartAfterDark

BartAfterDark

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Same situation here. After an attempt to install Official AML Firmware 0201 using AML USB Burning Tool. Last operation was Erase NAND. My Flame become dead. Unbrick Tool not working for me.

I thought mine was toast too (wouldn't turn on) I tried to plugin and unplug the USB cable a couple of times... Then waited and tried the Power + VOL -. Then WorldCup showed up and I was able to re-flash 0201 with the burning tool :)

#125 KenMic

KenMic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

very helpful thread...thank you !

#126 Markwell

Markwell

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

I tried to write a 1GB micro SD card but, although when I press "restore" the process terminates succesfully, I cannot see anything in the SD card and the computer doesn't even recognise it's file system! Anyone?

#127 Markwell

Markwell

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Man, I did it!
Zipped back the downloaded files as Daiku said.
I have used the AML Flash tool and the 0921 firmware. The AML Flash Tool stuck at step 18, but I prepared a recovery SD card with the renamed files from 0921 ( you need: u-boot.bin and uImage_recovery), and managed to continue the process from my SD card. The starting screen was Chinese, but now I already knew how to sswitch to English (the first widget on the main screen is Settings, where you have to choose the 4th item from the third block, then push on the first icon).

Hallo, sorry can you explain how exactly did you solve the problem (step by step)? I'm too struck at step 18 and can't create a SD with USB Image Tool... :(

#128 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Did you guys run the USB Image Tool as an administrator? Although it's not exactly the same, the unbricking thread in my signature has helped people with the Ainol Fire before. It's pretty thorough. You just need to use different files but the steps are basically the same.
  • Markwell likes this
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#129 Markwell

Markwell

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

Did you guys run the USB Image Tool as an administrator? Although it's not exactly the same, the unbricking thread in my signature has helped people with the Ainol Fire before. It's pretty thorough. You just need to use different files but the steps are basically the same.

Let's try :3

Thank you!

#130 Markwell

Markwell

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

I did it!!!! YOU HAVE TO RUN USB Image Tool AS AN ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!!! Then create the SD card, plug it into the tablet and let it restore the firmware (I didn't have to press any button). When it finishes to restore, wipe everything and reboot the system.

Please add to the notes in the first post that "The Program USB Image Tool has to be run as an Administrator". It would be of great help to the many of us with a bricked device!

BTW thank you, Fuser-invent.

Best Regards.

Edited by Markwell, 01 March 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#131 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

I did it!!!! YOU HAVE TO RUN USB Image Tool AS AN ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!!! Then create the SD card, plug it into the tablet and let it restore the firmware (I didn't have to press any button). When it finishes to restore, wipe everything and reboot the system.

Please add to the notes in the first post that "The Program USB Image Tool has to be run as an Administrator". It would be of great help to the many of us with a bricked device!

BTW thank you, Fuser-invent.

Best Regards.

No problem. There is a Crystal Unbricking Guide in my signature if anyone else has problems. 90% of it applies to the Fire as well, just the files you need to use are different. Its very thorough and well worth the read if you get stuck or need some help.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#132 Billcnz

Billcnz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

One more thing to be aware of is that if your tablet was working perfectly fine the last time you used it and now nothing happens when you push the power button (long or short, with or without vol-) maybe just a faint click, it may just be that something has caused the battery to drain below the minimum level required to turn it on. In this case even plugging in the charger may not immediately allow starting, you may need to charge it for some time before normal operation can be resumed, but try this before resorting to unbricking tools.

#133 Aly Kirmani

Aly Kirmani

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

This is the unbrick tool for NOVO 7 FIRE. Unless you have a corrupt system and can't boot to recovery mode, you won't need it.
This tool is released by fan group of FIRE.

Original post: http://bbs.ainol.com...a=page=1&page=1

There are five links. From top to bottom:
1. The image file.
2. Tutorial in MS Word format. (Seems the same as NOVO7 Mars)
3. Tool to write image to sd card. To make a sd card cpapble of unbricking, special partition format is required.
4. Restore sd card back to normal partiion format for normal usage.
5. A script missing in the image file. Just put it to sd card after writing image file to sd card.

Some notes:
1. Put the prepared sd card in FIRE. Hold Vol minus button and put power on. The unbricking process will start.
2. sd card below 2gb is recommended. Large sd card may have compatible issues.
3. After unbricked, if it's not needed any moer, use the program in link 4 to restore sd card back to normal.

I have Ainol Nova 7 Flame, I had update this on 4.2 Jelly Bean unofficially. I did not found Play store on it so i was try to back ICS 4.0 but i think i was update wrong file first, Now my tablet is not coming on not even Battery sign. I am totally sucked.
Please help me.
I have change charger and data cable but i cannot any sign of data cable.

I had try to unbrick from USB tutorial but i cannot see recovery section when pressing power button and vol-
Help me please

#134 Aly Kirmani

Aly Kirmani

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

@aprendroid

Brick = "the tablet doesn't boot anymore because you have done something to its firmware"

Unbrick = "flash a complete fresh version of the firmware, thus returning the tablet to a bootable state or its factory state"

Some devices, once bricked, can't be returned to their factory settings, or only by opening the device and having access to special pins or connector.

Ainol tablets are much easier to unbrick because all you need in general is to boot from the SD card, where you will have previously copied a given set of files that contains the fresh complete version of the tablet's firmware. Then usually an automated process will overwrite the flash in your tablet with a fresh version of the firmware, thus "unbricking" it.

I have Ainol Nova 7 Flame i had install Jelly Bean 4.1 then update to Jelly Bean 4.2 but on 4.2 Play store gone and also my Graphics, So i decided to go back on ICS and try to install its firmware but after restarting my tablet is not coming on. I do not know why. Its not even showing Battery Icon.

I am totally Fade up to do with USB tools and other things which i helped from this forum but still not coming on

Help me Please :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nea: :nea: :nea: :nea:

#135 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

In case you accidentally flash QM firmware on your TM screen Fire, I've made a package to help you. As you may have found out, if you do this by accident your screen becomes incredibly dim and the recovery may not allow you to flash any official or feiyu firmware packages to correct the error, usually giving an installation aborted message.

Here is a link to the package.

1. Put the uImage_recovery and fire_TM_factoryromresets.zip on your SD card.
2. Flash the factory reset zip from the stock recovery to replace the boot.img and bootloader.img with the 0907 official firmware ones.
3. Power off the tablet by holding down the power button.
4. Put the ainol_fire_TM_20121022.zip, factory_update_param.aml and u-boot.bin files on the zip card.
5. Hold down the Power and Vol- buttons again and let it auto-flash.
6. The tablet should reboot into the firmware. Your screen will be nice and bright again and you'll be running an official TM version of the firmware.

This isn't really the whole 1022 firmware package. It's just enough to get you unbricked so that you can go about flashing whatever ROM's you want. Technically this also means that you could use the SD card method made for the QM screen and then flash these files, just in case you got stuck somewhere else or need to downgrade from the JB 4.2 firmware and the Feiyu flash doesn't work. Anyways, you aren't really supposed to use QM firmware on your TM screen, so use this at your own risk, but it worked fine for me.

#136 morph32

morph32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

In case you accidentally flash QM firmware on your TM screen Fire, I've made a package to help you. As you may have found out, if you do this by accident your screen becomes incredibly dim and the recovery may not allow you to flash any official or feiyu firmware packages to correct the error, usually giving an installation aborted message.

Here is a link to the package.

1. Put the uImage_recovery and fire_TM_factoryromresets.zip on your SD card.
2. Flash the factory reset zip from the stock recovery to replace the boot.img and bootloader.img with the 0907 official firmware ones.
3. Power off the tablet by holding down the power button.
4. Put the ainol_fire_TM_20121022.zip, factory_update_param.aml and u-boot.bin files on the zip card.
5. Hold down the Power and Vol- buttons again and let it auto-flash.
6. The tablet should reboot into the firmware. Your screen will be nice and bright again and you'll be running an official TM version of the firmware.

This isn't really the whole 1022 firmware package. It's just enough to get you unbricked so that you can go about flashing whatever ROM's you want. Technically this also means that you could use the SD card method made for the QM screen and then flash these files, just in case you got stuck somewhere else or need to downgrade from the JB 4.2 firmware and the Feiyu flash doesn't work. Anyways, you aren't really supposed to use QM firmware on your TM screen, so use this at your own risk, but it worked fine for me.

Does this mean I could downgrade from AML 4.2 to Feiyu's HSF somehow? Does anybody have an idea how to downgrade from AML 4.2 to Feiyu's HSF? They use a different partition format as I understood so it is not that easy. Earlier I managed to downgrade to Feiyu 0103 but then if I tried to upgrade to 0115 or HSF my tablet got bricked so I had to go back to AML 4.2 with their USB FlashTool.

PS: I have a qm Fire.

Edited by morph32, 07 March 2013 - 04:19 AM.

#137 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Why don't you use the 0921 AML flash firmware? It's QM right? Yes, the partition thing is totally messed up and the AML usb software doesn't properly repartition it. You can run some firmwares but they aren't 100% functional. It's better to stick with 4.2 until someone finds a real solution unless you are into experimenting and trying to figure it out.

#138 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

So, since this is rather complicated, you probably shouldn't do it if you don't know how and I can't really write up a "how to" or guide at the moment. I just wanted to let people who know what they are doing or have time to write up a guide for others, that you can fix the downgrade partition problem with adb parted.

I basically ran the AML USB software with the 0921 firmware -> flashed the fire_TM_factoryromresets.zip that I posted above -> put TWRP on the sd card and booted into it for adb access -> Then 'adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32' and in my case did the same to 'mtdblock8'. I used the fdisk.cmd and fdisk.sh from fldc's Crystal Batch 3 recovery package, you can find those in my unbricking thread. Then this to use them:

adb push fdisk.cmd /tmp
adb push fdisk.sh /tmp
adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/fdisk.sh
adb shell /tmp/fdisk.sh

adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32

adb shell parted -s /dev/block/mtdblock8 mkfs 1 fat32

You might not have to do the 'mtdblock8' you should 'print' all your blocks before you do anything and see where you are at.

That recreated 250:33, which is avnftli1, that was previously missing and fixed those partitions. From there I installed "happy spring festival" but that had some issues, when trying to access settings -> storage it would crash. So I booted into the stock recovery and did a factory reset and wiped the media partition, then I flashed CM10 with the latest comp zip and so far at least everything seems okay. Settings -> storage reports the right allocation for the internal sd card. I'll have to look into it a little further to see if all the partitions appear correct but it looks good to go at the moment and at least the tablet is functional.

EDIT: Also on "avnftli1" set mklabel to "msdos". There is some info on this thread.

EDIT2: Looks like TWRP already has fdisk so there is no need to push it or the fdisk.sh to /tmp. You should be able to just use parted to partition those blocks. Works for me and I'm back to normal.

Edited by fuser-invent, 22 March 2013 - 09:14 AM.

• cxz likes this

#139 morph32

morph32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Why don't you use the 0921 AML flash firmware? It's QM right? Yes, the partition thing is totally messed up and the AML usb software doesn't properly repartition it. You can run some firmwares but they aren't 100% functional. It's better to stick with 4.2 until someone finds a real solution unless you are into experimenting and trying to figure it out.

Because market compatibility is bad. I like experimenting but I am not a dev so I stick with CM10.1 based on AML 4.2, which is a quite good for me for the time being.

#140 morph32

morph32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

So, since this is rather complicated, you probably shouldn't do it if you don't know how and I can't really write up a "how to" or guide at the moment. I just wanted to let people who know what they are doing or have time to write up a guide for others, that you can fix the downgrade partition problem with adb parted.

I basically ran the AML USB software with the 0921 firmware -> flashed the fire_TM_factoryromresets.zip that I posted above -> put TWRP on the sd card and booted into it for adb access -> Then 'adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32' and in my case did the same to 'mtdblock8'. I used the fdisk.cmd and fdisk.sh from fldc's Crystal Batch 3 recovery package, you can find those in my unbricking thread. Then this to use them:

adb push fdisk.cmd /tmp
adb push fdisk.sh /tmp
adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/fdisk.sh
adb shell /tmp/fdisk.sh

adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32

adb shell parted -s /dev/block/mtdblock8 mkfs 1 fat32

You might not have to do the 'mtdblock8' you should 'print' all your blocks before you do anything and see where you are at.

That recreated 250:33, which is avnftli1, that was previously missing and fixed those partitions. From there I installed "happy spring festival" but that had some issues, when trying to access settings -> storage it would crash. So I booted into the stock recovery and did a factory reset and wiped the media partition, then I flashed CM10 with the latest comp zip and so far at least everything seems okay. Settings -> storage reports the right allocation for the internal sd card. I'll have to look into it a little further to see if all the partitions appear correct but it looks good to go at the moment and at least the tablet is functional.

EDIT: Also on "avnftli1" set mklabel to "msdos". There is some info on this thread.

Thank you very much for the effort writing these detailed steps but it seems to be comlpicated so I am not going to take the risk for now.