• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#21 freddy5

freddy5

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

compare pics in this forum with some burned screen chips.. and makes your fire a normal start into android?

best regards

Ainol Novo7Fire @4.2.2-20130506.qm.v5

#22 jurisekkk

jurisekkk

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

I thought, that it is sofware (firmware) problem, but if I updated to original ROM problem is still here. So what do you think? Use complaint or not? Because problem of screen happend after restart and before, during using everything was OK... So what do you think if you take a look on photo in my upper reply??? Is any solution how fix this problem? thx a lot

#23 erikfromsweden

erikfromsweden

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

So someting obviously went bloody wrong when I tried to upgrade to 0921 firmware. After rebooting, my Flame is now bricked :(
I've tried to create the SD card with the image from Pat's upload.
However, when I hold down [volume minus] and [power on] absolutely nothing happens! No sound, no light, no click, and especially no recovery.
What's wrong?

I've tried with both a 16 GB card and a 2 GB SD-card, same result.
Should I try to find an even smaller card?

Any ideas of what to do?

#24 Pat Moss

Pat Moss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

You can get the orphaned apps from my media fire account.

Sent from my Ainovo Flame (Nexus 7) using Tapatalk 2
Pat Moss

Double Stuff ROM - NOVO Flambe ROM - NOVO Crystal ROM
Donate and support firmware development

IRC://chat.freenode.net/#ainovo

#25 Pat Moss

Pat Moss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Reflash with aml tool. Sounds like it did not end gracefully.

Sent from my Ainovo Flame (Nexus 7) using Tapatalk 2
Pat Moss

#26 Mazarin07

Mazarin07

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

See also this topic: http://ainolstore.co...lame-unbricker/
Best regards: Mazarin07
Ainol Novo 7 Fire
Want to update your firmware? (Instructions here.) First of all: make a backup of your stock firmware, and write down its version name/number (QM or TM?).
AML Flash tool user guide. (Not enough? Click here.)
Here is how to check your system details. Modify the language settings, if you have Chinese after the update.

#27 erikfromsweden

erikfromsweden

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Thank you so much guys!!!!

This is how I survived the bricking:
Downloaded the AML flashing tool and extracted it to my ol' trusty desktop, started the pgm but failed because of missing USB driver.
Found out the driver doesn't work well om AMD 64 systems.

Transfered the files to my older and less trustier Sammy NC10 running on Intel atom 32 bit.
Worked like a charm to update the USB driver.
Pressed "start" in chinese. and the flashing started.
Now i actually got stuck on step 16.

So I tried to boot into recovery, pressing volume - and power on. And the cute little recovery robot soon appeared, happy, happy, joy joy. After a while it dissapeared again.

I went for the power on key this time and soon my new and hopefully trusty again Ainol Fire started to boot normally, and a screen full of chinese stuff appeared.
After a change to swedish language all seemed well part from some missing apps, like google market. But hey, I'll fix that!

As a bonus I got rid of all those wierd chinese apps that are preinstalled.

Now I'm a bit curious why the flashing tool got stuck on step 16, but it's not important.

As a sidenote: My battery was completely empty when I managed to get everything working. How on earth can you tell if a Fire is actually on or off in the pure electric sense? Is there a way to disconnect the battery?

Edited by erikfromsweden, 05 October 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#28 greyrider

greyrider

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNot far from Cardiff, South Wales next to England

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

.................................As a sidenote: My battery was completely empty when I managed to get everything working. How on earth can you tell if a Fire is actually on or off in the pure electric sense? Is there a way to disconnect the battery?

My screen died...black, nothing, no display. I was able to tell if the tablet was "on" or "off" by connecting to the PC via USB. If the computer "saw" it, I held down the power button until it disappeared and vice versa. And yes, some sort of power LED would be very useful

#29 Ludvig

Ludvig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

The USBoot didn't reformat the SD Card correctly for me on Windows 7. Still left it as the one partition and small capacity. This program did the trick for me:
https://www.sdcard.o...ds/formatter_3/

Great tool. Thank you for linking. Restored my card with one click! Thanks again.

#30 Ludvig

Ludvig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

My screen died...black, nothing, no display. I was able to tell if the tablet was "on" or "off" by connecting to the PC via USB. If the computer "saw" it, I held down the power button until it disappeared and vice versa. And yes, some sort of power LED would be very useful

I get connection no matter if its on or off. Always connects on port 2. Is that normal? Totally dead otherwise.

#31 travelguy43

travelguy43

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

Anyone have a sense of how tempermental these tablets are? That is; what's the likelihood of something going seriously wrong on an update?

#32 Pat Moss

Pat Moss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Unless you you unplug the tablet during an update (charge it all the way), or get a major power spike (always unplug your tablet during flashing) you will be ok.

There are some problems (and they WILL be vocal) but are rare.
Pat Moss

#33 greyrider

greyrider

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNot far from Cardiff, South Wales next to England

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

.....(always unplug your tablet during flashing) you will be ok.......

Tidbits of information scattered all over this forum. Pat, do you think that ought to be included in the instructions for flashing? Fully charge the tablet, disconnect from power source, USB or main, before flashing. I did mine while it was connected, had a problem with the PC recognising the device and ended with an unrecoverable, non responsive touchscreen.

Edited by greyrider, 09 October 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#34 Ludvig

Ludvig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Does anyone know what the autoscript file does that is created by the image tool?
  • sdotallport likes this

#35 morph32

morph32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

As a sidenote: My battery was completely empty when I managed to get everything working. How on earth can you tell if a Fire is actually on or off in the pure electric sense? Is there a way to disconnect the battery?

Hi Eric,

thanks for sharing this. However I think my screen is dead, but I don't get any notifications that would indicate that the tablet is on.

What happened was I have been using the latest, greatest fiwmare from Flambe (v15) for 6 days and I was very happy with it. Then I connected my Flame to the wall charger 2 days ago as usual to recharge it overnight. The next morning I wanted to turn it on and the screen remained black, I heard sometimes pops it has even vibrated once. First I thought it is bricked itself somehow. When it is connected to the charger and I press the volume down+power button to go into recovery the LED flash on the back flashes once shortly then nothing happens after that. I could connect it to my notebook and updated the driver and AMLogich Flashtool recognises it then I press start and it stucks at step 16 then it is over, I can't go to recovery mode. So I suppose the screen is gone.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

#36 Ludvig

Ludvig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hi Eric,

thanks for sharing this. However I think my screen is dead, but I don't get any notifications that would indicate that the tablet is on.

What happened was I have been using the latest, greatest fiwmare from Flambe (v15) for 6 days and I was very happy with it. Then I connected my Flame to the wall charger 2 days ago as usual to recharge it overnight. The next morning I wanted to turn it on and the screen remained black, I heard sometimes pops it has even vibrated once. First I thought it is bricked itself somehow. When it is connected to the charger and I press the volume down+power button to go into recovery the LED flash on the back flashes once shortly then nothing happens after that. I could connect it to my notebook and updated the driver and AMLogich Flashtool recognises it then I press start and it stucks at step 16 then it is over, I can't go to recovery mode. So I suppose the screen is gone.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Try the USB image tool see if the autoscript will start it.

#37 Ludvig

Ludvig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Does it matter if I get m6 or m3 chip?

#38 morph32

morph32

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Try the USB image tool see if the autoscript will start it.

No, it didn't work either, so I am returning my tablet to the retailer (I bought it here in Germany with warranty) and they are sending me a new one. If that dies after less than 2 weeks as well then I will get the purchase price back.

Anyway, thanks for the hint.

#39 Ludvig

Ludvig

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

is there any way to manually mount the internal sd or maybe from aml tool if it doesent work in flash process?

#40 Vanilla2001

Vanilla2001

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

is there any way to manually mount the internal sd or maybe from aml tool if it doesent work in flash process?

Are you using a german OS? AML flashtool isn't able to find mounted sd-card, because mass-storage device is no Massenspeicher ;). Try with an english-OS..