Unbrick tool for Fire

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#221 kaloboli

kaloboli

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

I meant the built in USB hubs, usually on a laptop or desktop the USB ports are grouped into hubs but if you disabled the suspend settings you should be good there. By AML package I meant what AML firmware package you are using. Just checking to make sure you are using a package made for your tablet that is confirmed to work.

The package I am using is the one that I applied when I upgraded to JB from ICS and worked perfectly. The package's name is "Ainol-E4-20130131-qimei-usbburning"

#222 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

I meant the built in USB hubs, usually on a laptop or desktop the USB ports are grouped into hubs but if you disabled the suspend settings you should be good there. By AML package I meant what AML firmware package you are using. Just checking to make sure you are using a package made for your tablet that is confirmed to work.

The package I am using is the one that I applied when I upgraded to JB from ICS and worked perfectly. The package's name is "Ainol-E4-20130131-qimei-usbburning"

Sounds like everything is set up right. Did you try running the software with just erase band selected? I don't think you should need the no USB hub option.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#223 kaloboli

kaloboli

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:37 AM

Sounds like everything is set up right. Did you try running the software with just erase band selected? I don't think you should need the no USB hub option. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I tried it as well but still I get these multiple plug in/out sounds from windows resulting in the error message that I described in my first post. Do you think it might be because I forced installed the driver of the tablet? It was seen as "Android" device but I updated the driver software pointing the wizard to the WorldCup Device but since it was installed without any errors it shouldn't be a problem.

I am running out of ideas  

#224 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

I tried it as well but still I get these multiple plug in/out sounds from windows resulting in the error message that I described in my first post. Do you think it might be because I forced installed the driver of the tablet? It was seen as "Android" device but I updated the driver software pointing the wizard to the WorldCup Device but since it was installed without any errors it shouldn't be a problem.

I am running out of ideas  

What do you mean by "forced installed the driver"? If it was me, the next step I would try if you haven't already is to remove the drivers, go back into the "USB-Burning-tool-v1.6.2.1228" package and install the drivers from the "AmlogicusbBurningdriver" folder again. If that doesn't work, the next I would do would be to check and make sure all of my computers drivers were up to date. You could, for example, have a generic or old USB port driver installed instead of the one recommended by your manufacturer, which is causing the device to disconnect repeatedly like that.

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#225 kaloboli

kaloboli

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

What do you mean by "forced installed the driver"? If it was me, the next step I would try if you haven't already is to remove the drivers, go back into the "USB-Burning-tool-v1.6.2.1228" package and install the drivers from the "AmlogicusbBurningdriver" folder again. If that doesn't work, the next I would do would be to check and make sure all of my computers drivers were up to date. You could, for example, have a generic or old USB port driver installed instead of the one recommended by your manufacturer, which is causing the device to disconnect repeatedly like that.

Hmm I will try messing around with the USB drivers. So your guess would be that there is a driver miss-communication between the port and the device right? I am trying to narrow down the possible causes for this problem, that's why I am asking.

Maybe SPL cannot load because when I open my device in recovery mode (PWR+Home) instead of the typical android icon, I get a modified icon (from the TWRP recovery probably). Maybe the recovery messed somehow with my bootloader causing an error in the communication between the AML flashtool and the device?

Is this a possible scenario or just bollocks? 

I would try installing other USB drivers for my ports and reach back to you! Thanks again so much for the insight

EDIT: With forced installed the driver, I meant that it was recognized as a generic "Android" device from device manager, then updated the software for the "Android" device pointing to the folder that you said as well, installing the WorldCup Driver for the device. By forcing, I mean this procedure instead of being instantly identified by the system as "WordlCup Device"

Edited by kaloboli, 25 March 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#226 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Hmm I will try messing around with the USB drivers. So your guess would be that there is a driver miss-communication between the port and the device right? I am trying to narrow down the possible causes for this problem, that's why I am asking.

Maybe SPL cannot load because when I open my device in recovery mode (PWR+Home) instead of the typical android icon, I get a modified icon (from the TWRP recovery probably). Maybe the recovery messed somehow with my bootloader causing an error in the communication between the AML flashtool and the device?

Is this a possible scenario or just bollocks? 

I would try installing other USB drivers for my ports and reach back to you! Thanks again so much for the insight

EDIT: With forced installed the driver, I meant that it was recognized as a generic "Android" device from device manager, then updated the software for the "Android" device pointing to the folder that you said as well, installing the WorldCup Driver for the device. By forcing, I mean this procedure instead of being instantly identified by the system as "WordlCup Device"

So far my guess is a driver mis-communication but it's really hard to tell. It does sound like you installed the Worldcup Drivers correctly, so I'm guessing maybe it's the computers USB drivers. How much life does your tablet have? Does it show any backlight? Have you tried the SD rescue card it it does?

#227 kaloboli

kaloboli

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

So far my guess is a driver mis-communication but it's really hard to tell. It does sound like you installed the Worldcup Drivers correctly, so I'm guessing maybe it's the computers USB drivers. How much life does your tablet have? Does it show any backlight? Have you tried the SD rescue card it it does?

Its almost a year old, and no heavy duty use was performed on it. I will write down what happens each time I press a certain combination of buttons. Maybe it will be helpful.

Only PWR: Feather icon and stuck there

PWR+Vol-: Feather icon, black screen after some time, windows identified it as "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device" <- it is weird but when I uninstall it and try to install the WorldCup driver over it, it doesn't let me to do so.

PWR+Home: Feather icon constantly on, windows lets me update the driver to WorldCup Device (after the first time it is identified as WordlCup Device from device manager)

As for the backlight there is backlight as long as there is the feather icon on, otherwise nothing.

I tried the SD method with two different SD cards, from windows it seems like its doing the partitioning correctly, replaced the name on the files like I was supposed to do so etc etc. But when I plug the SD on the tablet nothing happens.

#228 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

Its almost a year old, and no heavy duty use was performed on it. I will write down what happens each time I press a certain combination of buttons. Maybe it will be helpful.

Only PWR: Feather icon and stuck there

PWR+Vol-: Feather icon, black screen after some time, windows identified it as "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device" <- it is weird but when I uninstall it and try to install the WorldCup driver over it, it doesn't let me to do so.

PWR+Home: Feather icon constantly on, windows lets me update the driver to WorldCup Device (after the first time it is identified as WordlCup Device from device manager)

As for the backlight there is backlight as long as there is the feather icon on, otherwise nothing.

I tried the SD method with two different SD cards, from windows it seems like its doing the partitioning correctly, replaced the name on the files like I was supposed to do so etc etc. But when I plug the SD on the tablet nothing happens.

When you do PWR+Vol- and it comes up as "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device" can you install adb drivers and access the tablet to run commands? If you can, try some of the manual partitions checks at least. The WorldCup driver is only for low-level access to the device, so it makes sense that you can't install it over a storage or adb driver when the tablet is on and active.

So when you put the rescue sd card in the tablet and hold down the two buttons to enter the recovery, it doesn't do anything at all? No screen flash even, just totally black? On another note, with the AML software method, when it freaks out and disconnects you, have you tried not stopping the software and just quickly unplugging the usb cord from the computer usb port and then plugging it back in? Also, did you try the "reset hub" option somewhere in the file menu?

If all of this fails, one thing that I've done a couple of times is to try and force hard/deep (I can't remember which) brick the tablet by using a rescue sd card for a totally different device. For example, you can hard/deep brick a Hero by using a Crystal rescue SD card. I do remember running into a problem where the AML software just wouldn't complete no matter what I tried and I ended up forcing a hard/deep brick and then the software worked. I wouldn't do this unless all else fails though, since you'd be getting into deeper territory,

#229 dude.vik

dude.vik

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

Thanks! works like a charm!

#230 doncams

doncams

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

Hi,

I followed the steps using the USB method since I cannot go to the recovery page but I was stuck at 75% and now my ainol novo 7 fire is no longer powering on. PC can still detect it. I'm using the AML flash tool. Please help. I tried the recovery SD card after being stuck at 75% (step 18) but my tablet is not even booting up when I press power or power and volume down

#231 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Hi,

I followed the steps using the USB method since I cannot go to the recovery page but I was stuck at 75% and now my ainol novo 7 fire is no longer powering on. PC can still detect it. I'm using the AML flash tool. Please help. I tried the recovery SD card after being stuck at 75% (step 18) but my tablet is not even booting up when I press power or power and volume down

Try the alternative method of bridging the two pins and forcing boot from the recovery SD which is detailed in the unbricking thread in my signature. I still have no idea why so many people have the issue your having where it fails around that percentage. On my computers it always works for me every time.